PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Driveway stain removal?

dave.gallant
November 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Anyone have any hookups or suggestions for companies (pressure wash or otherwise) that can remove oil stains on concrete driveways?

(Damn Ducatis!)

?

Ray-Ray
November 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Anyone have any hookups or suggestions for companies (pressure wash or otherwise) that can remove oil stains on concrete driveways?

(Damn Ducatis!)

?

Brake clean then WD40. Works for me every time... Ducati my butt! I bet it was from your Chevy!

dave.gallant
November 16th, 2009, 02:57 PM

(Damn Ducatis!)

?

Brake clean then WD40. Works for me every time... Ducati my butt! I bet it was from your Chevy!

I have to do the whole damn driveway. Thats alot of brake clean!

I have seen high pressure services that do that sort of thing, but wanted to check with our "family" first.

marty
November 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
try some of the equipment rental places in your area. maybe even home depot, i'm pretty sure the rent pressure washers. and yeah, damn ducati's mine has a big ass puddle under it also

sheispoison
November 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM
And people always say the British bikes leak...
Dave, if you find some decent degreaser (simple green, etc...), and scrub it in with a deck brush then let it sit for a few, not long enough to dry, then hit it with a pressure washer, it should come up.
carl

rybo
November 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Dave,

You're welcome to borrow my pressure washer, or I'll come over and lend a hand.

I think Carl hit it on the head...that process works for me (and my ducatis)

dave.gallant
November 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Let me put this in perspective for you guys:

I own a pressure washer myself. It didn't do much more than carve a few lines into the grease slick. (well, I wrote my name, but I digress...)

I am adapt at the Simple Green or Brake Clean methods after all these years, but this is of a scale too big and just need it taken care of so I can concentrate on other tasks around that project I call "my house". :)

rybo
November 17th, 2009, 09:06 AM
10/4 Dave

Brian38
November 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Try TIDE detergent. Has excellent stain removal properties. Just dump it out and scrub it in with a broom. ZEP also used to make a powdered concrete cleaner for shops but not sure what the name of it was. Home Depot carries ZEP but not sure if they have the cleaner I am thinking of.

B

T Baggins
November 18th, 2009, 09:18 AM
voice from out of camera picture "We need more Calgon..."

customer "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?!"

all - "laughter...."

Anyone besides me old enough to remember that one?

Brian38
November 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Nope Tony, only you are old enough :twisted:

hcr25
November 18th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Get a the pain in tha ass neighbor kid to mix comet and bleach, pour on said area and scrub. Stain will be gone and so will the PIA kid :evil:

shortie171
November 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
I used to use hydro chloric acid. I think I used to get it at places like home depot. It's really nasty sh1t though. When you pour it out on the driveway it will start foaming and the fumes are crazy. But that and a hard bristled broom always worked well for me. Add the pressure washer and you are set.

Have fun!!! :lol: