5pm-9pm: Keith Eastin, Jim Brewer

Saturday
9am-1pm: Wyeth Jackson, Aaron Fisk, Jenn Hom, Elden Lew
1pm-5pm: Jeff Brown, Casey Dragos
5pm-9pm: Siobhan Bennett, Randall Turner

Sunday
9am-1pm: Scott Rybarik, Brad Hampton
1pm-6pm: Jim Wilson, Justin Lampkin

Give me a call or shoot me a PM if you'd like to work this event!
Wyeth 720-299-1390

Wow, here’s a great PR opportunity for the club. I bumped into the SCCA marketing director last week and she generously extended this offer to the MRA—I brought it to the board they say “post it up!” I’ll have more info at the General Meeting tomorrow night. I’m sure the PR rep will want to run with this, I’m here to help however I can. This is a great opportunity for us to start early for next season.

The SCCA, RMVR and Mazda of Lakewood (dealership getting into the race car scene) have rented a gigantic space at this show, 2500-3000 sqft of space that will be called “Race World”. They’re putting up info about HPR, cornerworking information including a flag display, plus all the race vehicles. Apparently there will even be a 70’ cigarette racing boat at the back of the display. They’re bringing 12 race cars plus new Mazda street cars, and they’re offered us space for an MRA booth and 3 motorcycles—for FREE!

The estimated attendance for this event is between 20,000 and 35,000 people, this is the largest Rod & Custom show in the region. There will be 500 cars on display, not including race cars. Radio promotion has already begun and posters for the event are going up in Checkers (the show promoter) all over town. The Race World display will be located next to the restrooms and the food court, there may be a bar service here as well. Traffic should be huge for our booth.

The SCCA has one rule for us at this event. When they put on PR events they require their drivers to wear either their race suit or full cornerworking gear. The PR director said they get terrific spectator response and have lines of people waiting to talk to drivers about racing. They want all of our people to wear our leathers and be prepared to talk about racing motorcycles all day. Hmmmm, ok! :D

Kurt Hansen of Race Central Radio (AM 1510) will be broadcasting his live motorsports show from this display!! I didn’t even know we had a motorsports show here in Denver! :oops:

The board has also said Novices may work off their 2010 Novice Hours at this event. Come have fun, help the club, and take care of your novice hours before the season even starts, this is a great opportunity!

Want to represent your sponsors? Want to put their name in front of 20,000-35,000 spectators?? We need 3 bikes to display at this complex for the week. All vehicles must be unloaded either Monday or Tuesday, the complex goes dark Wed/Thursday(Thanksgiving) and the show opens at 9am on Friday. Break down begins at 6pm Sunday.

I’ll start the ball rolling…

Aaron and I will work the booth Saturday 28th, from 9am- 1pm (or later if needed)

More info and discussion tomorrow at the General Meeting. Thank you SCCA and RMVR for giving us this opportunity!!

Wyeth

dragos13
November 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I would be happy to put my bike up for display. I could also help "man" the booth on Saturday and Sunday. I have no leathers to wear tho.....

JimWilson29
November 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I already told you I am in. We'll work on getting some cool flyers for this. :)

oldtimer
November 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Awesome Casey! Thank you Jim!! We can all chat more about this event at the meeting tomorrow. :)

Throttleroller277
November 10th, 2009, 03:02 PM
This came up last night at our meeting, and as I said last night. I can bring a bike, man the booth a couple of the days, whatever needed. 8)

T Baggins
November 10th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Per the dress attire rules, if you're a racer you gotta wear leathers. come'on Casey, I'm sure you've got something....

DarkKnight
November 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I can offer my bike for the show but don't believe Ill be able to man the booth - Ill have to verify my on call schedule.

dragos13
November 11th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Per the dress attire rules, if you're a racer you gotta wear leathers. come'on Casey, I'm sure you've got something....

I wish I did man, cuz then I'd be out riding mini-bikes alot more. Gave my old set of leathers to my mechanic so he could race mini's, and had my last set of leathers jacked out of my truck a couple months ago.

I'll still swing by and show my support, lend a hand where needed 8)

T Baggins
November 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Casey you can borrow mine as I will be in a sling and won't be able to get them on... That is, if you're not TOO HUGE, of course! :lol:

500rgurl
November 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I would love to help for Sat!! Let me know.. We are down to my bike that is still together! Let me know if you need us to bring it!

oldtimer
November 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Thank you everyone who's contacted me or posted up about this event! Jim Wilson and I are going to coordinate this and will hopefully have more info up in the next few days.

It looks like there will be three 4 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday that need to be staffed, plus two 4-5 hour shifts on Sunday. It would be great to have at least 2 or 3 people working the MRA area at any one time, and the more the merrier. We'll post up a schedule of time slots and get all of them filled.

Thanks again for all the offers of help, and to all the interested novices this is a great way to work off those hours pre-season. :)

oldtimer
November 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Please check out the time slots available to work in the first post in the thread. Give me a call 720-299-1390 or shoot me a PM and I'll add your name in. Thank you!

Wyeth

PS I'm trying to contact everyone who's expressed an interest so far, if I've forgotten you please contact me again, thanks. :oops:

racedk6
November 12th, 2009, 12:06 PM
If my bike is done I might be able to swing this. I will let you know for sure.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
November 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Wilson called - I'm in .

oldtimer
November 17th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Updates for the Rocky Mt Rod & Custom Show....

We could use a few more people on Friday in the afternoon and evening, and Sunday is also open to work, please check out the staff schedule in the first post in this thread. Novices please use this opportunity to work off your hours for the 2010 season, this is a great way to help out your club and spend a few hours talking about racing!

Thank you to the people who are providing bikes for the 3 day event, those may be delivered on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'll get more information on when/where they can be unloaded. I'm coordinating with Denise to pick up wristbands and parking passes for our event staff, we delivered our vehicle registrations to Greybeard yesterday.

Jim Wilson is doing a ton of work on our PR materials, and also working on a possible racing photo slide show for our display. We need a monitor to hook into, anyone have one that could be used for our MRA booth?

Thank you to everyone for your help on this event! :D

Wyeth

Throttleroller277
November 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Wyeth,

I talked to Spanky today, and he said that he is all in for helping me on Friday. Could you add him to the list please?

What happened to the Novices here?........ come on guys/gals!! this is a great opportunity to work off your hours before the season even starts! Allowing you to have all your focus on racing only!!!

8)

oldtimer
November 19th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Wyeth,

I talked to Spanky today, and he said that he is all in for helping me on Friday. Could you add him to the list please?

Certainly! When does he want to work? Thanks Spanky!

snay
November 20th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Wyeth,

What happened to the Novices here?........ come on guys/gals!! this is a great opportunity to work off your hours before the season even starts! Allowing you to have all your focus on racing only!!!

8)Wish I lived closer I would hang with ya Mr Brown USBA dont do shit for there club that I know of but talk about how racing on Sunday's sucks because they cant miss Church Hope to see ya soon! Missing the M.R.A.

oldtimer
November 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Wish I lived closer I would hang with ya Mr Brown USBA dont do shit for there club that I know of but talk about how racing on Sunday's sucks because they cant miss Church Hope to see ya soon! Missing the M.R.A.

:shock: I agree, we are cooler than the USBA! :lol: Hey Sean thanks for racing with us!

This is the first of (hopefully) many PR events that the MRA will be having. The goal is to provide more opportunities for promoting the club, which will also provide opportunities for novice hours. Or for any MRA members to get together away from the track for some good benchracing and fun. I do like my benchracing! 8)

Throttleroller277
November 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Wyeth,

Certainly! When does he want to work? Thanks Spanky!

Friday 1:00 - 5:00

oldtimer
November 23rd, 2009, 08:33 AM
oops please delete last post under "guest" I was speed posting :)

vort3xr6
November 23rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Sign me up for Sunday at 9am. Need someone else there with me tho.

oldtimer
November 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Will do and thanks for volunteering to staff this event! What's your name I'll put you on the schedule. Scott Rybarik will be there with you Sunday morning, you're going to have a blast. :)

FYI for all 2010 novices--everyone who works is going on JenJen's 2010 novice hours list. This is a great way to both get to know other MRA members and also give a little back to the club. Thank you to everyone who's contacted me so far about working!

Desmodromico
November 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Wish I could go down to this event but will be out of town for the holiday. Thanks again to all involved, I hope to get in on the next PR opportunity.

oldtimer
November 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Wish I could go down to this event but will be out of town for the holiday. Thanks again to all involved, I hope to get in on the next PR opportunity.

For sure there will be more event opportunities going forward, you can find one that fits in the future. Thanks for your support Sam! :)

November 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
So... hearing that Saturday nights are full and there are a TON of people. (downtown drunks included :shock: )

If anyone who has been with our club more than my 2 years, we'd love a little extra help, if ya got time!

Sprtbkbabe
November 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Last post was mine... anyone have a few minutes Sat night?

Throttleroller277
November 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM

Spanky and I will be there in the mid day shift, we could probably hang over for a few extra...

jdub
November 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
I should be able to make it on Sunday. What time should I be there?

oldtimer
November 24th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Please see the first post in this thread for staffing slots. I have to give our staff list to will call today so anyone wishing to staff after today will have to pay the $15 ticket price to get in. A small amount of money and we would love to have you staff this event!

Please remember all MRA staff must wear leathers when working the booth. All the race car drivers will be in full gear, we'll be in leathers. Thanks for your help with this event!

Wyeth

oldtimer
November 24th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I should be able to make it on Sunday. What time should I be there?

Sunday 9-1 or 1-6 would be great. What's your name and I'll put you down for it, thanks!

JimWilson29
November 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Great job Wyeth!

http://uglydogracing.com/images/mra_booth.jpg

Sprtbkbabe
November 25th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Spanky and I will be there in the mid day shift, we could probably hang over for a few extra...

\:D/

TerriRomaneschi
November 27th, 2009, 03:27 PM
As a report (in my normal/nice Terri voice):
We had a fairly fun morning today. I think there will be more people on Saturday and Sunday as today we had such beautiful weather.

I spoke to a few people who had raced in the 90's and were glad to see the MRA being represented. They were great to talk to.

A couple people wanted to volunteer for race events. One gal, with eyes all lit up and twinkelly, very much wanted to volunteer and get some exposure to racing in the future. She was a cutie and I'll bet she does race at some point. I worked on her mom a little for her too. It's a VERY safe sport. Really!! :D

Met a man and his young son who had painted bikes for Mark S. years ago. His son had been a ring bearer for Mark and Tammy. He was a li'l cutie too.

All of the car people in our area wore their race clothing so everyone was fully representing their sport of choice.

We were set up next to the HPR booth (super nice people) and it was perfect. When people asked us where we raced, as an example, we could show them the map of HPR.

Great event. Super nice people all around.

JimWilson29
November 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Huge thanks to everyone that volunteered to work the MRA display at the the hot rod show this past weekend. Special thanks to Wyeth Jackson and Aaron Fisk for organizing everything and being there all 3 days. I look forward to doing more events like this in the future.

T Baggins
November 30th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Ditto to what Jim said! Big thanks to all who volunteered and/or attended. Hard to believe that it's only November and we've already had our first big PR event for 2010!

Keep up the good work everyone!

DarkKnight
November 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Id like to hear what the turnout and interest in the booth / MRA was like from those that worked the event.

JenJen
November 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I worked for a lil while on sat afternoon, there were alot of people looking at the bikes & taking pictures. We handed out several flyers and had a few people filling out the keep in touch forms. I spoke to a few guys that were interested in possibly racing in our Super Street class for the 2010 season. Wyeth & Aaron worked most of Sat so they could probably tell you more...

Thanks
JenJen

oldtimer
November 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Thank you everyone who worked this event, it went really well.

We handed out a ton of 2for1 flyers and had about 50 people fill out requests for more info on the MRA. Some of the vendors told me that attendance was down this year, but even so we got a great response. I'm glad we were able to take advantage of the opportunity! :D

Jim Wilson has more PR events planned for the future so stay tuned to the PR forum.....

Throttleroller277
November 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Thank you everyone who worked this event, it went really well.

We handed out a ton of 2for1 flyers and had about 50 people fill out requests for more info on the MRA. Some of the vendors told me that attendance was down this year, but even so we got a great response. I'm glad we were able to take advantage of the opportunity! :D

Jim Wilson has more PR events planned for the future so stay tuned to the PR forum.....

I would like to give a thumbs to everyone that chipped in and donated their time to help out at this event. But especially to Wyeth and Aaron. They made sure that every person was taken care of for getting in, as well as parking. Aside from when they were at the show, they put in a lot of time just making phone calls and texts following up on things, and coordinating everyone. Great job.

Wilson did a great job on the schedules/2 for 1's as well!!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Another thanks to Wyeth, Aaron, Jim, Keith, and the rest of you clowns that helped with the show.

On Friday night I talked with a number of people - I'm guessing about 5-7 - who were interested in racing or coming out to spectate.

Sprtbkbabe
December 1st, 2009, 06:39 PM
But especially to Wyeth and Aaron. They made sure that every person was taken care of for getting in, as well as parking. Aside from when they were at the show, they put in a lot of time just making phone calls and texts following up on things, and coordinating everyone. Great job.

Wilson did a great job on the schedules/2 for 1's as well!!

Thanks to Wyeth and Aaron for fighting to get us a parking pass. They even gave us a ride to our truck after the event! :) You guys did a class set up for the group!

We will have some new racers and track newbies just because of this event, I can assure you.

The flyers Jim provided were very slick looking, too :wink: