PDA

View Full Version : Goatcam

T Baggins
November 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
http://goatcam.wimler.com/Jview.htm

To hell with Roses, sometimes you just gotta take time to stop and smell the goat poop.

dave.gallant
November 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I literally watch this all damn day long.

:)

froth
November 10th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Watch it? Shoot, Dave, I LIVE it every time I go to Guffey and work on the folk's place. Cashmere goats rule!

Love this!

d_mob
November 10th, 2009, 08:22 AM
:roll: Men Who Stare @ Goats...

... Was a good movie actually --

Vanmar Racing
November 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I watched this for 3 hours this morning and that damn goat never came out of it's igloo. Are they afraid of snow or something?

froth
November 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Tammy:
One of these days, spring or summer, I'll have to get you down to the Folk's place. The goats are as hilarious as anything, but I guess you have to see it in person!

Fred

dave.gallant
November 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Can Tony and I do more than see one?

Can we, errrrr -- touch one?????

froth
November 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Yep:
Believe it or not, they are very soft. Cashmere goat makes extremely fine thread, and is quite silky to the touch.

Electroman
November 15th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Do goats bite?

froth
November 16th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Like any animal, yes. Just depends on when/where. The mama goats aren't too fond of folks approaching them when they have their babies, and they usually just like to be left alone, and herded by Brutus (the folks' Great Pyranese ).

kfm61
November 16th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I watched this for 3 hours this morning and that damn goat never came out of it's igloo. Are they afraid of snow or something?

I just looked at the 'Goat Cam'. Can't see any goats in the dark. Maybe they're afraid of the snow and the dark. Have they all fainted and that's why we can't see them?

Vanmar Racing
November 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Can I borrow or rent a goat in the spring to eat my weeds?

How much does it cost ?

Do boy goats smell worse than girl goats?

froth
November 17th, 2009, 06:42 AM
They pretty much all smell the same.....pungent. Suzanne made goat cheese a few times, and it was great. It's easier for our digestive tracts to emulsify, and draw nutrients, or something like that. I just know it makes a great feta salad.

Vanmar Racing
November 17th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Fred,
Isn't Guffey the place that has a cat for the mayor?

If that is where you are from, it explains everything!

I love that quirky little town!

froth
November 18th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Nope Tammy:
Depending on how you look at it, I'm from Sacramento, Toulles-Rosiere(FR), or Conifer.
The big G is where Dad retired to, SW of Pike's Peak. I don't know about the Cat, but they did have a fairly interesting Self Defense case a few years back, and more recently, an out of town owner hiring some idiots to shoot some other person's bison.
Oh, Dad's place is also right where about a dozen riders go down from sand on a left hander before getting to town. Every time he'd respond to a rider down, I got the call...."So, when are you going to stop riding?" ...See you at the track.

T Baggins
December 22nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Lots of great goat action today! Wonder what Santa's bringing them? :D

ChickenStrip
December 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
The black one seems more lively than the others