PDA

View Full Version : Why would we kill the most exciting class in the MRA?

TRK
November 6th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Why in the world would we kill the most exciting and fiercely contested class in the MRA? Why would we kill RORU? No RORU rider will contest an RORO championship if they ride up. I just feel it is a shame to kill a class with the hopes of filling the RORO grid with 600cc machines. Lets find a compromise and not kill what I feel is the most exciting class in the MRA.

benfoxmra95
November 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Let's hope the board declines on this rule suggestion.

The grid filling idea is not the best idea or thi rule change.

What's the difference if o and u are on the track at the same time you still get the same number of entry fee money.

Maybe cut the payouts down or only pay out the top five in u. And the top ten in o

TRK
November 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I won't be racing RORO if they combine the classes, and we all know how much I love to race. I think I have raced almost every expert class in the MRA. Structure the payouts based on entries, but don't kill the most exciting class in an effort to fill the grid of another one.

Blue Junk
November 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
FWIW, I would be much less interested in coming out to race again with you guys if there were no RoR/U.

TRK
November 6th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I know you are not the only one..... :(

dragos13
November 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
After the season of having ROR payouts cut, it was brought up as a way to keep payouts to all ROR riders. Combine classes, decrease payout, restructure to superbike style, etc. At the rule change meeting, we discussed it as a way to increase not only the grid size of our premier class, but also to increase interest. Both grids were fairly small through out the year, and it sucks when there isn't even enough people to fill the paying finishes. When we combined this with the idea of qualifying, it made sense to go back to one ROR class again. We should have 1 15-20 minute qualifying session before lunch, then ROR after. If you ride a 600cc, and haul ass consistantly, you have the chance of earning a top 10 number plate without having to own a 1000cc.