PDA

View Full Version : Board Candidate Meet and Greet - The Walnut Room Sunday 11/8

rybo
November 2nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Come meet the candidates for your 2010 Board of directors this Sunday, Nov 8th. at the Walnut Room from 1:00 - 3:00 PM

Many of the candidates for the 2010 board would like you to get to know them better before casting your vote on Nov. 11 at the general meeting. Please come join us at the Walnut room on Sunday. Ask us some questions, get to know us better and make a more informed decision regarding who you want to run your club in 2010.

All candidates are invited to attend and all have been contacted about this event. The following folks have RSVP'd and will be attending! ( I will add to this list as I hear back from other candidates)

Bart McKiernan (VP Rules and Tech)
Ben Fox (VP Rules and Tech)
Casey Dragos (Rider Rep, Rulebook)
Donna Turner (Rider Rep, PR or Trophies)
Jason Curdy (Rider Rep, Rulebook)
Jeff Brown (Rider Rep, PR or Trophies)
Jeff Winter (Rider Rep, Rulebook or PR)
Jen Grosse (Secretary)
Jim Wilson (Rider Rep, Press/Contingency or PR)
Mark Schellinger (New Rider Director)
Mike Applehans (Rider Rep Press/Contingency or Trophies)
Ricky Orlando (New Rider Director)
Ryan Burke(President)
Shannon Moham (Rider Rep, Rulebook)
Scott Rybarik (President)
Tim Young (Track Marshall)
Tony Baker (President)
Wyeth Jackson (Rider Rep Press/Contingency or Trophies)

The structure for this event is fairly informal, with the idea being that you as a club member can ask questions directly of your board candidates to help you better make your decision a few days later. Some appetizers, pizza and soft drinks will be provided.

Please feel free to post up here or PM me if you plan on attending!

Scott

JWinter
November 2nd, 2009, 09:27 PM
This would be a great time for those members who may know a racer by their bike but not know the face inside the helmet. I strongly encourage novices and experts alike to attend.

See you all there, Jeff

spyvspy
November 2nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
As candidate for secretary, I am so disappointed that I won't be able to make it to the meet and greet this coming weekend. A prior work commitment means I'll instead be in Orlando. I'm sorry I won't get to see some of you in person this weekend, but am really happy I had the chance to talk to many of you at the last general meeting. Don't hesitate to get in touch by PM, email, or phone if there's anything at all you want to check in about before casting your vote. I'm completely committed to this club and look forward to the opportunity to show you just how much as secretary in the coming season.

Best,
Kate Tinworth

MRA #999
cell: 720 256 4907
email: ktinworth@gmail.com

dragos13
November 3rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Great idea Scott! I hope to see everyone there.

Remember, it is the board members that make a lot of the decisions in this club. No matter who you are favoring, be sure to participate 8)

mbohn
November 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Will there be adult beverages for purchase?

chrobis
November 4th, 2009, 11:28 AM

It's being held at a freaking bar!

Scored51
November 4th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Well, I guess that answers Mark's question. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>

mbohn
November 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM

Well, I guess that answers Mark's question. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>
Chris don't know me too good. :D

rybo
November 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Mark,

Then to yield the most blunt possible object:

Yes. Adult beverages will be available for purchase.

Hope to see you there.

Scott

mbohn
November 5th, 2009, 06:52 AM
All kidding aside, I sent in my proxy last week but I can be talked into changing at least one of my votes. This meeting is a great idea.

Thanks, Scott.

ldenvermom
November 5th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Hello everyone,
Chris would love to attend this meet and greet, unfortunately, he has a previously scheduled trip to Oregon leaving Friday, 11/6 and not returning until next Tuesday, 11/10. Many of you know that he has clients in several states and this is one of his scheduled 'tattoo runs' to work on some of the folks that can't get to Colorado regularly.

Scott Rybarik has been kind enough to offer to bring a notebook that you can write down any questions or concerns for Chris to address when he returns.

OR
You can call or text Chris at any time at 720.434.4340. If he doesn't answer, just leave a message as he is most likely tattooing.

Chris' Bio is posted both in the initial thread and as a side note too. Have a great meeting!
Lynette Fuller
wife and supporter of Chris Fuller, #13!!!

T Baggins
November 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
All kidding aside, I sent in my proxy last week but I can be talked into changing at least one of my votes. This meeting is a great idea.

Thanks, Scott.

Any chance I could talk you into voting for Rybo? :lol:

mbohn
November 5th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Any chance I could talk you into voting for Rybo? :lol:
Sure! Start talkin.

TRK
November 6th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Count me in!
-Shannon

rybo
November 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Count me in!
-Shannon

Excellent Shannon! Glad you're able to join us!

rybo
November 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Thank you to everyone who showed up. I hope that you had a good time, and got what you needed from this event.

Scott

benfoxmra95
November 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
As much as I wanted to solicit as many votes as possible for the election, since i really really want to be the rules and tech guy next year. I was unable to make it to this meeting.

I had to go to the track and try to ruin some tires.

It's been a long time since I last rode and i finally got a bike together thats reliable and I actually had an extra $100 dollars to pay for track time.

The weather was nice, There were a fair bit of people there. It was a good time. And the only tool I had to get out of my tool box all day was a tire pressure gauge, Imagine that with a ducati.

So if anyone that was at the meeting that has any burning questions for me please convey them.

I will say this much about what Id like to convey as a board member:

I am firstly all about safety of the bikes getting on the track. When I look at something I think to myself "would I be comfortable riding this bike" I am incredibly picky about safety items. We are performing a high risk sport and we need to take out as many variables as possible that may lead to an incident.

Secondly, my duties just dont mean I look at bikes, as a board member it means I have input on all decisions being made that affect the club, as the board discusses and votes on topics. I have previous board experience and a large amount of outside world experience when it comes to making rational decisions that can affect everyone. So I am also a rider representative in so many terms. Trust me when I say this I have everyones best interest in the shape of the club. I have no personal agendas other than I want to be at the track and hang out with my friends and help keep our club prosperous.

I know that most of you have already voted, but if there's anyone out there who hasn't yet or wasn't planning on it, please vote regardless of who you vote for it's very important to make yourself heard. It's your club and you decide how it's run.

Thanks

See you guys Wed. night.... :)

mbohn
November 9th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Thank you to everyone who showed up. I hope that you had a good time, and got what you needed from this event.

Scott
Scott:
Thanks for setting that up. It was fun and I got a few questions answered.

To whomever paid for the pizza and other goodies, Thank You!

T Baggins
November 9th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Definitely thank you to Scott for coming up with the idea and running with it! We need more people like you on the Board or at least actively involved in the club.

And the pizza and drinks was a nice gesture as well, pretty sure Rybo bought all that for everyone.

Thanks for waiting till after I ordered my food before telling me about it.... ha ha :oops:

I also benefitted from the discussions and actually am going to change one of my votes as a result of the discussion.

And no, I'm not changing my vote to Rybo if that's what you're thinking... :lol:

oldtimer
November 9th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for setting this up Scott! We had good discussions about how to help the club, plus lots of fun hanging with MRA people. Glad we had the opportunity. :)

Throttleroller277
November 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM
That was a good time...thanks Scott...

Could someone please explain why everyone left when MotoGP came on!.... I thought we were motorcycle racers? :shock:
8)

mbohn
November 9th, 2009, 11:17 AM
That was a good time...thanks Scott...

Could someone please explain why everyone left when MotoGP came on!.... I thought we were motorcycle racers? :shock:
8)

DVR+High Def = go home :)

rybo
November 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for waiting till after I ordered my food before telling me about it.... ha ha :oops:

But I didn't...from my original post:

The structure for this event is fairly informal, with the idea being that you as a club member can ask questions directly of your board candidates to help you better make your decision a few days later. Some appetizers, pizza and soft drinks will be provided.

Scott

I also benefitted from the discussions and actually am going to change one of my votes as a result of the discussion.

Excellent! This is EXACTLY the reason I wanted to do an event like this.

And no, I'm not changing my vote to Rybo if that's what you're thinking... :lol:

And here I thought I already had your vote....I have pictures of you campaigning for me.

Scott

T Baggins
November 9th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Lies.

Lies.

Lies.

ALL LIES!!!

:lol: