PDA

View Full Version : Rule Change Meeting Saturday 10/24

rybo
October 23rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
If you haven't been following the Rule Change threads, then you might not be interested anyways, but the date and time for the rule change committee meeting has been set:

Saturday October 24
The Walnut Room
Noon to 5

Hope to see you there!

racedk6
October 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
I will be there!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 23rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks Rybo - I hope everyone got the notice!

For details, go to this post ---

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?p=55791#55791

N1K
October 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
wow lots to talk about lots of changes

froth
October 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
I will have to have my proxies, Chris and Jeff, tell me what goes on. Youngest son is in state championships, so do your best, and I can't wait to hear the results.

d_mob
October 25th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but when and where will all of the changes be summarized and displayed?

Specifically, is it top five or top ten out of NOV? I was 6th in both NOV U and O in 08' and need to know if I can sandbag NOV in 2010! :)

rybo
October 25th, 2009, 06:03 PM
David,

This meeting was for the membership to SUGGEST which rules are important to them for the board to decide and ratify.

At this point the members that showed up felt that the top 10 rule should stay as it is and not change to top 5.

Jim is putting together the summary of the committee's recommendations and should have them posted up soon.

s

dragos13
October 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM
It was great to see everyone who attended.

It still amazes me that not more racers take part in this meeting.

We totally eliminated ROR for good and replaced it with a highly modified scooter class. Novices are now allowed to race in ANY expert class and will be gridded started at poll position. Oh yeah, endurance was shortened to 17.5 minutes.

What else am I forgetting 8)

Scored51
October 26th, 2009, 11:22 AM

..We created a "Sexy Ben Fox" only class! :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
You forgot that we moved most of the expert classes to Saturday so Sunday is just endurance and novice. That's in anticipation of the upcoming manmade lake @ HPR so the experts can go jet skiing on Sunday.

I'll post a summary of the suggestions in the rules & tech forum tonight...

marty
October 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM
That's in anticipation of the upcoming manmade lake @ HPR so the experts can go jet skiing on Sunday.

will novices still be able to earn novice hours by applying sunscreen to said experts? i don't want my tattoos to burn