PDA

View Full Version : New Novice Expectations?

Motodrew
October 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hey gang.

I'm going to be joining the MRA first thing next year & taking the required safety program. It is my understanding that there are some required volunteer hours that I must complete during the season.

If I plan on participating in the race school & each race throughout the season, are there any other times I can earn my marks?

Thanks.

Drew

jplracing
October 21st, 2009, 10:54 AM
Drew

First..welcome to the addiction!

Second, yes as a novice you are required to donate 4 hours of service to the club. Typically there are dates and times when the board needs help with certain projects. They will normally post them on this forum or talk about them in the general meetings. So there should be plenty of opportunities to help out away from the track.

With that said, last year the board offered for the novices to "buy out" of there novice hours by paying $50.00. When the new board is elected I am sure they will let everyone know if this will be available in 2010.

Hope that helps

Joe

Motodrew
October 21st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Super. Good deal. I will keep my eye posted.

Is it possible to reserve a number plate before the start of next season? I wanted to get the bike prepared this winter.

Sorry I'm quite anxious, so the questions will most likely keep coming. Ha.

jplracing
October 21st, 2009, 11:05 AM
Drew

Everyone in the club was at the same place you are at one point or another.

When the license packets come out you will be able to choose a available number. I do not believe there is any way to reserve on prior to that though.

But you can get a pretty good idea of what will be available by searching the results page and finding something that wasn't used last year.

Joe

PS All novices run a 3 digit number

dragos13
October 21st, 2009, 11:11 AM
Check here to search for numbers

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=results_2009&page=riderRESULTS

Basically, if there are atleast 3 race weekends showing results then that person has first dibs on the number.

Welcome to the addiction. Next year is going to be a great season!!!

oldtimer
November 12th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Hey Drew I shot you a PM too, please check out the thread below for an opportunity to complete 2010 novice hours. Let me know if you're interested, thanks!

Wyeth

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?p=56261#56261

cromer611
November 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM
welcome aboard drew : ) Pm me if you have difficulties getting your bike race prepped, I can come down and help you seeming i have all the time in the world now : )