PDA

View Full Version : Single Track Mind back for 2010 and beyond!

irdave
October 20th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Single Track Mind (www.fixmybike.com) will be back in Colorado the first of the year.

I had a few things I needed to take care of, took care of them, and am heading back to Colorado.

I know in the past, my being located in Fort Collins made it difficult for most of you to get help with your suspension. To remedy that, I've got a place lined up to live in Aurora (Rybo watching out for me :) ) This should prove to be a much more central location, and easier access for all, except Benny, Jim, Chris- sorry guys.

Currently I'm planning some new suspension parts for next year. Development has already started on rear linkage pieces to help with the big pump some of you are getting- like coming out of the cross-over turn at Pueblo. I'll keep you updated as that progresses.

I'll continue the old pricing, for a bit at least. Fifty ($50) dollars for a fork oil change if you bring me the just the forks. Seventy-five ($75) for a shock service, including fluid and nitrogen. And I'll keep the same type of turn around- ie, same day to 24 hours. I need to check with GP and Ohlins about current pricing for fork valving and shocks. Both companies will typically give a discount for buying several of the same shock or valving, so I'm happy to look into a group buy- just let me know and I'll start up a list and see what we can do.

Hopefully not everyone has found other people to help them out. I'm really looking forward to being back in Colorado, being back at the track, and helping all of you go faster.

Thank you.

Dave.
Single Track Mind
www.fixmybike.com
(970) 222-9597

racedk6
October 20th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Sweet I know where you live now! haha

When you get back I have an Ohlins shock I need serviced ;)

Ray-Ray
October 21st, 2009, 05:53 AM
Welcome home Dave. We missed you!

froth
October 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM
Welcome back!

dragos13
October 21st, 2009, 06:46 AM
Great to have you back Dave. I'm excited to work with you again this season :)

Munch
October 21st, 2009, 08:20 AM
Post when you are up and operating, I have some work for you!

giovannir6
October 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
I dont care so much about Dave as I do Jack! Just kidding Dave...

toptier
October 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM
awesome welcome back.

hcr25
October 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
Good to hear my friend.
Mike

gsnyder828
October 21st, 2009, 09:26 AM
\:D/ =D>

N1K
October 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yes Welcome Back Dave. Looking forward to working with you. I've got all kinds of stuff for ya.

eklew
October 21st, 2009, 02:18 PM
Who is this irdave guy and is he any good??????? Just wondering and all.

glenngsxr
October 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM

Only the best suspension guy in the world is all. If you want to have someone explain suspension on a nasa level.....talk to Dave.

hcr25
October 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM

man you should be embarrassed for asking that :oops:

In all seriousness Dave is good and he can help make you faster.

gsnyder828
October 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM

man you should be embarrassed for asking that :oops:

In all seriousness Dave is good and he can help make you faster.

Just a hunch... but that *may* have been sarcasm on Elden's part. :wink:

hcr25
October 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
Im sure, Elden is cute like that but im still a better bowler :P

gsnyder828
October 21st, 2009, 04:29 PM

How many times are you gonna bring up bowling today? Is that what you do on the off-season?

hcr25
October 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM

How many times are you gonna bring up bowling today? Is that what you do on the off-season?

Just started this year but it costs less and pays way better then racing. Less concussions too.

gsnyder828
October 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
Just started this year but it costs less and pays way better then racing. Less concussions too.

:lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
... I've got a place lined up to live in Aurora (Rybo watching out for me :) ) This should prove to be a much more central location, and easier access for all, except Benny, Jim, Chris- sorry guys.
Darn, I was thinking you might want to get out for some of the finest road bicycling in the state (Northern Colorado) and perhaps go dirt bike riding somewhere where there are fewer than 10^3 people and not a bunch of whoops (Red Feathers, Buckhorn, Albany, WY).

Oh well....

Glad to have you back. I'm in the market for a new bicycle frame .. when will you be ready?

irdave
October 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM
I love you guys! I've got goose bumps just sitting here.

Suspension stuff will be up and running by the first of the year, so January 1 is fair game.

Jim, I'm still game for riding- both on the road and twisting the throttle in the dirt. There's way too much good riding up there to not ride it- and I love riding all those places you mentioned. If I've got to drive a little longer, well, then I'm going to drive. As far as frames, it'll be a little longer, but can't be too long- got friends banging down the door for those as well. I'm working on wrapping up the first road/fixed gear frame right now (stuck the chainstays to the rear drop outs tonight.) Might be the end of the summer...

Gio, you'd be amazed how many people like Jack.

Again, all of you, thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot.

dave.

Sprtbkbabe
October 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
\:D/ Whoot! We knew Cali couldn't keep ya!

oldtimer
October 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Can't wait to have you back in Colorado Dave! And Jack too!! :D