PDA

View Full Version : Help Design Next Generation Sport Bike!

kate7777
October 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hey MRA members,

My name is Kate Schreiber and I'm a freelancing product design and consumer researcher working with another researcher names Mekayla Beaver who will be covering the Denver area.

Mekayla and I have recently landed a project with a major motorcycle manufacturer who is in process of designing their next-generation vehicle.

So far, we've gotten some great feedback from Italian motorcycle owners out on the East Coast where I live (Ducati and MV Agusta owners mostly found through the desmo yahoo group and mvagust.net) but we are looking to get broader insight from a second market (Denver) and more brand owners - Suzuki, Yamaha, BMW, Moto Guzzi, Aprilla, Buell (sorry about the recent news Buell owners!), etc. in addition to Ducati and MV Agusta owners.

So we're currently seeking sport-bike owners in the Denver area who would be willing to participate in a 1.5 hour face-to-face interview. The interview is composed of three parts: (a) getting to know who you are and your motorcycle ownership history (b) checking out your current ride and learning what you like about it, and what you'd like improved, and (c) showing you the bike that is currently in development and getting your feedback on it's visual appeal, performance characteristics, ergonomics, etc.

If you are interested in participating, please email me at : katemschreiber@yahoo.com

When you email, please include your first name, age, the make, model and model year of the sport-bike that you currently own, town you live in, and any initial questions you may have about the study.

Below, I've included a few links to help highlight that this is a totally legitimate study. I hope to hear from you and encourage your participation. This really is your chance to impact the design of a high-end sport motorcycle!

Thanks so much!

Kate Schreiber

LINKS:

My website, which includes my resume and professional background can be found at:

www.posthastedispatch.com

A 2007 online BusinessWeek article about the award winning research and interaction design work I did for Eclipse Aviation while I was working for IDEO's Boston office. I am quoted in the article:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...1/b4044416.htm

kate7777
October 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention: if you decide to participate, we are offering $100 as a thank you for your time!

sikwitit
October 18th, 2009, 08:07 PM
So why Denver?? Are you doing the same study in Cali or anywhere else? Colorado loves there racing and there are the best riders in the states here but why not the west coast or any of the other big states? Just curious

kate7777
October 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hi! Great question.

We are currently conducting research in two markets: east coast and mountain states. CA and the South may follow-on in future rounds, it was a decision made on a mix of market-interest and budget constraints :))

So yes, if you happen to have sport bike rider friends in the Denver, New York or New England area, please feel free to forward this research study invitation along!

Thanks for the question!

k.

rybo
October 19th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Kate,

I sent an e-mail and look forward to your response.

Thanks

Scott

cjmagnuss
October 20th, 2009, 05:37 PM
email sent