PDA

View Full Version : Twins class restructuring - submitted by Chris Dale

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 16th, 2009, 09:35 PM
http://users.frii.com/jjb/MRA_rules/twins_2010.jpg

Jon
December 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM
So in regards to the various new and existing twins classes, what was the ruling is there three? big twins, little twins and Thunderbike or what was the ruling and what are the specifics of these various classes?

T Baggins
December 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I'll let Jimboy post the actual wording, but essentially we moved the "exotics" out of LWGP and made it a true Lightweight Class. TZ250 and 1000+cc twins (bimota) are moved to STGTU, all others presently legal will stay in LWGP. This is where the manufacturer contingency is now, so to change names, etc... would have led to more confusion than anything.

STGTU is basically unchanged, except that the TZ250 and Bimota are eligible. We did not add the Triumph Triple or open the displacement to include the 848's etc...

Jon
December 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks Tony

polar x
December 14th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I'll let Jimboy post the actual wording, but essentially we moved the "exotics" out of LWGP and made it a true Lightweight Class. TZ250 and 1000+cc twins (bimota) are moved to STGTU, all others presently legal will stay in LWGP. This is where the manufacturer contingency is now, so to change names, etc... would have led to more confusion than anything.

STGTU is basically unchanged, except that the TZ250 and Bimota are eligible. We did not add the Triumph Triple or open the displacement to include the 848's etc...

:roll: Who knew I had a exotic bike.... :roll:

Ray-Ray
December 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM

:roll: Who knew I had a exotic bike.... :roll:

Well.... more like "exotic" rider!!

sheispoison
December 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Why not the Triples? I was really looking forward to running the new class...

T Baggins
December 15th, 2009, 08:20 AM

couple reasons...

1) since the class displacement didn't change otherwise, the triple would have had a significant advantage over the majority of the bikes in the class

2) the triple is already legal for something like 8 other classes

JWinter
December 15th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Be careful how you word "exotics" in the rule change. Turning the new lightweight twins into a production class eliminates alot bikes. We don't have many lightweight classes to begin with. Singles and lightweight twins need to still be included. I can understand removing the DB 5, but don't remove bikes with GP chassis.

The current super twins classes are structures as GP classes. Which is race what you brought, changing the rules will hopefully be based on displacement, # of valves, or 2-stroke/4- stroke engine configurations.

Jeff

sheispoison
December 15th, 2009, 06:00 PM

couple reasons...

1) since the class displacement didn't change otherwise, the triple would have had a significant advantage over the majority of the bikes in the class

2) the triple is already legal for something like 8 other classes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 748s and 749s legal for all the same classes the triple is?

Also, I was told on more than one occasion last year that RayRay's 749 was making more power than my 675.

I guess since the change has already gone into effect then there's no real reason to ague, but I'm pretty curious what the logic was behind leaving the Triumph out was.
carl