PDA

View Full Version : Chris Fuller, Rider #13 - Bio for Rider Rep 2010

ldenvermom
October 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Chris Fuller #13

Thank you for the nomination of Rider Representative for the 2010 Race Season. I would like to take this opportunity to provide a bit of background on myself; as well as let you in on my philosophies and what I can bring to the position when elected.

I have been a member of the MRA club since 1999 when I was talked into taking the MRA School at Pikes Peak track by a close friend. Before that, I had never been on a racetrack. After that, I was completely amazed at what I saw & felt. I saw amazing riders & felt the camaraderie and family closeness of this remarkable group of people.

When my wife, Lynette, & I started our family seven years ago, we were so involved in the love of racing that our children both started attending the races within days of being born. Our son, Racer, & our daughter, Irelynn (known by most as Pickle), have become involved as well. They look forward to the race weekends – a time when they get to see the other track kids and watch dad go fast…”go daddy, go daddy, go daddy”! You’ll find them around the pit – helping my wife wrench on the bike or cleaning off the squished bugs & dirt that gravitates toward my windscreen.

I’ve seen the club go through many changes in these past 10 years. I feel that the club is going through more changes in the future & you cannot affect change in the direction you want without personal involvement. Without being a voice for those who want change.

As a business owner, I understand that change is the way to grow; you must try new methods that may end up making just the right mix that helps you succeed. I also understand that there are no mistakes if you learn & grow from them. It takes more than great ideas & words to make things happen – it takes hard work & dedication to affecting the action that is behind your words.

Because I own a business, I am able to put time into the club – to be available to the riders that I represent. I think that the format assigning responsibilities is a good one – it makes our club membership choose an individual who is responsible & accountable for some of the important things that our club needs done to succeed.

I will be accountable for either the Rulebook committee & production or the sponsorships & subsequent trophy project.

I have been involved in the past with the Rulebook meetings & feel that our rules are what make our sport safe & fair. I enjoy facilitating a combination of ideas into a product that represents the majority.

As the trophy delegate, I have a unique view as a past class sponsor. I understand what a sponsor wants & needs to be accomplished when they choose to go with our club as a form of advertising. The sponsors need to feel as if they are being well-represented. They need it to be handled more like a business transaction & less like they are donating to a charity.

Electing me as Rider Representative will bring a new direction - a new voice to the position. I have enough understanding that some of the old ideas need to be brought back, but there is also a need to work within the club’s current structure. The elected group needs to find a balance in today’s’ multitude of challenges to help the club not only succeed – but grow and thrive.

Elect Chris Fuller, Rider #13 – for 2010 Rider Representative!

chris nami
October 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
8)

ldenvermom
November 5th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Chris will be in Oregon during the meet & greet this weekend. Please take a minute to read his bio and call or text (720.434.4340) any questions you may have. THANKS !!