PDA

View Full Version : Miller Motorsports Experience

freddiewest
October 6th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I wanted to thank all the great people that made my first race at Miller Motorsports Park such a great experience!!!!

First Aaron for transporting or motorcycles and gear all the way to Utah even though we had a scary experience on the way home we made it!!!! Great showing from Aaron in his Novice and Amateur races!!!!

Jeff ( Brownie ) and his wonderful girlfriend.. sorry I am terrible with names... his support and racing advice were greatly appreciated and needed so that I could get my butt in gear on the second race in the day... I need to be smacked around when I race sometimes to be a little more aggressive and he is there to offer the right advice!!

Shawn and his family that got a us set up with a Pro garage right next to Shane Turpin.... was great racing with someone that makes the effort to come out and race all the MRA races from Utah....

Doug and Dale ... couple of great racers that didn't blow off the Novice racer that had to many questions on learning the entire track at Miller in one weekend....

Shane Turpin, wow what a incredible individual, always seems to have time for everyone!!! So many times he took the time to explain racing strategies with everyone from the MRA group, helped Doug set up his suspension for Miller, Aaron with his throttle, I could tell he wanted to take my CBR for a spin :-)... and I did offer more then once!!! would be great to see what she could do with a real rider around Miller!! Was wonderful to meet his family, and realize where his generosity comes from!!

Scott (Rybo) thanks for the encouraging voice mail!!! and the kind offer to come pick our sorry asses up in Rock Springs after our incident... also the his time and effort in getting my suspension set up before I left!!

Elden for driving 11 hours back and forth from denver to tow our motorcycle trailer back from Rock Springs, WY. after our off road ice skating experience..... never want to go through that again!! He was always smiling and cracking jokes that made the ride home that much more enjoyable!!

To everyone that made my first win at Miller and for that matter ever a wonderful experience that I will never forget!!!! I can't tell you what a feeling it was to go over that start finish line and see everyone at the wall waving their arms and cheering as I went by... unforgettable!!! Then to pull into pit lane and have Jeff tell me to get off and take my bike from me because gosh darn if I was going to roll it into the garage he did that as a reward for winning the race.. it was great to have the person their that helped you win do all that for you!!! All the people at Miller who ran things smoothly I will definitely be back!!

I know I am missing some people... oh yeah Scott, the terrific Michelin rep and wizard at tire changing for the terrific service and great Podium Hat for winning this weekend!!!

Thanks for reading and can't wait to race my first full season with the MRA in 2010!!!

Keith

MRA #322

racedk6
October 6th, 2009, 09:40 AM
sounds like a great time and a great experience hopefully I will be able to get out there soon!

Throttleroller277
October 6th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Keith,

Congrats on your WIN!!

Thanks for the acknowledgment....but you did it all on your own. You took in the advice that was handed to you, and applied it. Which is easier said than done.

Yourself having never raced there before, racing against guys that have been racing there all season long, what a great accomplishment. You made us all proud. It made my weekend to be a part of helping you WIN!! Great job my friend.

You represented the MRA well!!

~Brownie 8)

P.S. sorry to hear that you had a mishap on the drive home.

snay
October 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Keith it was a good time thanks for coming out that CBR runs dam good and you was on that last race good job its going to be fun next yr cant wait!! Mr brown call me i would like to get a plan for my open class bike for next yr thank you all!!!

303 cycle
October 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Great job Kieth! It has been a great experience to watch your track/racing experience grow this year! :wink: congrats again on the win, all that hard work paid off.

freddiewest
October 7th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys and Jeff don't make Shawn's bike too fast :P

Big Thanks to David and Wade at 303 Cycle for all the help safety wiring, tires, and parts this year... tremendous service and just a great couple of guys!!!

Keith

MRA #322