PDA

View Full Version : Triple Niner/CupKate for Secretary!

spyvspy
September 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hey there!
In case you didn't see this on the nominations thread, I thought I'd post it here.
:D I have been nominated for secretary! :D
Read on, thanks for your support!
---

I am so grateful for your consideration of me in the position of MRA secretary and I happily accept.
As a rider, racer, corner worker, and self-declared MRA groupie, there's little that would make me more proud than giving my time, energy, and enthusiasm to our club as a member of the Board.

In addition to my undeniable love for this club, I feel I have a strong advantage in that I "get it" from many perspectives-- as a racer, a safety worker, pit crew, and a supporter/family member of a racer. I definitely know first-hand what it takes to get to and get through a race weekend-- how hectic and chaotic it can be and how important it is to both the racers and the organization overall to keep things straight-forward, organized, and accurate.

It is probably worth saying that my "real job" heavily relies on working with databases, spreadsheets, evaluation, and statistics. I am organized and detail-oriented, but also approachable and level-headed, even under pressure (which is absolutely essential when points are at stake and grid positions argued over). If elected I can assure you I will know the ins-and-outs of our databases and computer systems to streamline the process. I will also stay up-to-date on rules and standings.

Finally, representing the club and its membership is paramount to me. We come from various perspectives so it's important to me to get a clear, representative view of what MRA members want and need from the Board. This is OUR club, and I can assure you I won't forget that. I want to hear from you openly and candidly about issues as and when they come up, and I am committed to be accessible to all members.

A bit of background for those of you who don't know me or my story:
-Introduced to MRA in 2008 via #416 (Tom Lilly) and corner worked that season.
-Rode my first bike ever in April 2008, bought an SV and gear, and got my racer cert in June 2008. (Woohoo!!!)
-Raced LoR and Sportsman before the end of the 2008 season.
-Health issues in early 2009 (still sorting it out), so no racing! But I was there each and every race weekend-- corner working when I could, helping out in the pits, avidly cheering, and wishing I could race!

The long and short of it is that I have fallen hard for the MRA. You all quickly became both my mentors and my second family. I am hooked-- totally and completely! And I want to do whatever I can to give to this club.

I invite those of you who don't know me well to PM, email, or grab a drink with me and ask me anything you like before you cast your vote. I want you to feel confident in your choice for who should fill this role. I also welcome you to get in touch and tell me what you feel needs to happen in the MRA secretary role and for the Board in general.

Many thanks,
Kate Tinworth

Oh-- and as requested:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7677/47096044.jpg http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6641/ktnyc.jpg