PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: R6S windscreen

dragos13
September 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Looking for a windscreen that fits the 03-05 R6 and newer R6S models. Let me know what you have: stock, scratched, chipped, whatever.

Its for a YSR 50 so quality doesn't matter so long as you can see through it (ie no solid tint or painted windscreens)

marty
September 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
if it is for the ysr, you could use that material i use on my rs and tz and make your own screen for about $6

dragos13
September 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hey Marty, me and rick were just talking about that last night. Where do you go? Home depot or something? This stuff is bendable right, not brittle like most cheap windscreens are?

marty
September 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5244&highlight=windscreen

this thread has the part # for the stuff i used on the 125. i used one size thicker on the 250 and i will probably use that thickness next time i need a 125 screen. just call mcmaster and give them the part # and they can tell you the next thickest size up. if the screen is small, the thin stuff will work fine. on the 125 the screen only seems to bend when i am in 5 and 6th gears (~100 mph)

peromoto
September 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Looking for a windscreen that fits the 03-05 R6 and newer R6S models. Let me know what you have: stock, scratched, chipped, whatever.

Its for a YSR 50 so quality doesn't matter so long as you can see through it (ie no solid tint or painted windscreens)

Are you looking for OEM replacement or double bubble, or don't care. I have Puig and Zero Gravity in stock but none for the R6.

I have a shipment coming in next week and can add one to my order. If you're looking for cheap the OEM replacements are $49 and I'll give you 25% off. They come in smoke, dark smoke, clear, red, yellow and blue.

Let me know and I'll add it to the order. Not sure how soon you need it.

Diane