PDA

View Full Version : What would you be willing to pay for a Banquet Ticket

T Baggins
September 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
So as we're trying to decide what to do about a banquet this year, I guess the first thing we need to know is "how many people will come, and what is their price threshold?" We're hoping to do something within the first couple weekends in November.

In the past we've charged as much as $60 per person (which included the banquet facilitites, food, etc...) but I think attendance wasn't what it could have been because it was cost prohibitive for many.

With that in mind, we'd like to try to do something more in the $20 - $25 range to incent more people to participate. Here's the kicker though...

You can't get a venue, food, av equipment, etc... for only $25 a head - so we're considering dropping the food as a requirement. If you want to eat, you could order off a limited menu that the facility provided, we could do a pot luck, you could eat before and just hit the cash bar, etc...

First things first though, I need you to answer in the poll "If the Banquet tickets cost "x" I will DEFINITELY attend!". Please click on your HIGHEST budget, not your lowest.

T Baggins
September 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
ttt

PremiumBlend
September 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Country Buffet!! Weeeeee-doggy!

JWinter
September 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I always have to buy for two at the banquet. Keeping costs down means I might actually be able pay for a sponsor to attend.

Are we thinking about May Farms? Banquet halls cost a fortune and they usually won't allow outside catering.

T Baggins
September 18th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Best case scenario is that a place that serves food will "give" us the facility gratis, with their compensation coming from whatever food orders they take - and of course our enormous bar tab. :)

May Farms could be an option for sure, especially since they are such a big supporter of the track. The obvious downside is the distance, and lack of hotels... Glenn's going to talk to them about it.

There are other options closer in to town, but not sure if "free" is in their vocabulary.

Old Racer
September 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
My threshold depends on what is assumed about results of the other voting. Threshold is higher for food included, lower if not included. The vote I cast was based upon the category leading (order from limited menu) at the time I voted this item. :?

DOUBLE A
October 6th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Will everyone need a snowmobile, or 4X4 to get to the Banquet??? Or is it goint to happen soon??? :)

Throttleroller277
October 7th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Will everyone need a snowmobile, or 4X4 to get to the Banquet??? Or is it goint to happen soon??? :)

Easy there trigger!.... technically under normal circumstances our race season doesn't usually end till sometime in October!.....

We are working on it. I think that we are trying to shoot for the second or third week in November. 8)

The GECCO
October 7th, 2009, 10:15 AM

Easy there trigger!.... technically under normal circumstances our race season doesn't usually end till sometime in October!.....

We are working on it. I think that we are trying to shoot for the second or third week in November. 8)

And the last few years the banquet has been held in January. We figure by the end of the season you all are pretty sick of each other so we give you some time off :shock:

DOUBLE A
October 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
haha damit I want to get drunk and act foolish....I don't have an excuse for that really....so I am saving it for the PARTY!!!!