PDA

View Full Version : Chain @ sprocket conversion

sikwitit
September 16th, 2009, 07:23 AM
What would you say would be the best conversion to do to a 09 ZX6?

ILL-matic racing

PremiumBlend
September 16th, 2009, 08:24 AM
What would you say would be the best conversion to do to a 09 ZX6?

ILL-matic racing

Less centrifugal mass is the key here. 520 is usually a safe bet, very common chain and sprocket setup. You can pick up an entire setup off eBay (Vortex front and rear sprocket with RK Gold 520) for around $150. I used that exact setup on all of my stunt bikes and I never had 1 issue, even on my 929 which was -1/+7... never snapped or stretched it.

peteyt328
September 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Well the 09 zx6r is 520 stock so you don't have to worry about that. -1, +2 or just +4 in the rear is a good starting point, at least at HPR.

auzzy
September 16th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Yes, look at E-bay :roll: Im sure your local dealer will be pumped that you patronize his/her business.

dragos13
September 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Well the 09 zx6r is 520 stock so you don't have to worry about that. -1, +2 or just +4 in the rear is a good starting point, at least at HPR.

Go minus one in front before going +4 in rear. you want the least amount of rotating mass on your rear wheel.

Hey Pete, what do you know about an 09? Someone step up to a new bike? :twisted:

PremiumBlend
September 16th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yes, look at E-bay :roll: Im sure your local dealer will be pumped that you patronize his/her business.

Just giving him an idea of the kind of prices that are out there. If a local dealer has it that cheap, I'm NEVER buying it from eBay again.

Munch
September 16th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Not to thread-jack, but this raises a good question. Are we associated with any local dealers that offer a MRA discount on parts?

hcr25
September 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Most dealers give 10% MRA discount but i am not sure why. :?

PremiumBlend
September 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I am also new around here so I really don't know what dealers to go to. I always bought mine off of eBay because it was easy for me and I really wasn't involved in the MRA.

Now that I'm starting to buy up more parts during the off season so I can have a nice little reserve of things that will most commonly break I would much rather give my business locally, I just don't really know where to go.

I looked in the Club Announcement section but is there a concise list of dealers?

auzzy
September 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Sorry Premium I was having a bad day and caused a tangent in the subject, as the gentleman was being helped. My apology for that. The conversions were great advice! :) Im not from the Lakewood area or I would offer advice for dealers-sorry again-aus

PremiumBlend
September 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry Premium I was having a bad day and caused a tangent in the subject, as the gentleman was being helped. My apology for that. The conversions were great advice! :) Im not from the Lakewood area or I would offer advice for dealers-sorry again-aus

It's cool dude, no harm, no foul. :D

racedk6
September 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Not to thread-jack, but this raises a good question. Are we associated with any local dealers that offer a MRA discount on parts?

Call Diane at Pero Motorsports or let me know what you guys need :wink:

Back to the subject at hand.

I would run a -1 +2 setup with Renthal Sprockets and a RK or D.I.D chain.

fairrpe86
September 16th, 2009, 02:49 PM
As far as Lakewood goes, TFOG is over in the 6th and Indiana area, Jim and Jeff are good guys and can get you most things you need.

AmericanAndProud
October 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
I took a look at a kit I offer over at STEELES CYCLES..it comes with a o-ring chain, -1 in front, and same size rear sprocket..$180.95 its a rk kit..
pm me if your interested..

AmericanAndProud
October 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Im not a dealership..I have access to alot of products where im at.. I have autho to work with mra members discount wise..pm if interested

sikwitit
October 4th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Thank you everybody for your help. I found a buch a places online that have great prices