PDA

View Full Version : Party for a Cause #2 - XR Racing Style!!! This Sunday!

T Baggins
September 14th, 2009, 03:16 PM
So we've decided to have another XR Party at the house this Sunday to benefit "The Crossing" which is part of the Denver Rescue Mission. They provide temporary housing to families who are trying to get back on their feet - a great cause which Suzanne and I have supported for many years. We're calling it "XR's for Coats and Cans"...

The XR'ing will commence as follows:

WHEN: 1:00 pm till 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 20th

WHERE: at our home in NE Elbert County (Basically 13 miles East of Aurora, off E-470 & Smoky Hill Road).

Here's the deal in order to participate:

1) Bring a winter coat in good condition to donate.

or

2) Bring at least 10 non-perishable food items.

Obviously you can bring more if you wish, including clothing, children's toys, money, diapers, whatever you think a family might need...

We will provide chips, dip and water - other than that you're on your own... Please bring whatever YOU want to eat or drink. We will make the grill available for use, but we are not able to provide food. Consider it a trail ride with a flushing toilet... more about riding, less about partying, cooking, eating.

The Track:

Our XR course is a 1.5 mile, 93 turn "prairie course" which is 7' wide and full of lots of excitement. Only 3 real "jumps" and totally kid friendly.

Go here for a view of the course as it was a few years ago... it's shorter now - but this gives you a good idea of the insanity:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&msnurl=home.aspx?%26redirect%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US#JnE9eXAuNzMyMCtQYXRyaWNrK1RyYWlsK0VsaXphYmV0aCt DTyU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj0zOS41NzE4MjIyMzczNDM3J TdlLTEwNC40OTE5MTA5MzQ0NDglN2UzOS41NDE4NDUwMTY2MDY lN2UtMTA0LjU0MTA5MTkxODk0NQ==

Be sure to click "Aerial View" at the top of the map, and then Zoom in to see the course.

The Rules:

FULL gear required (helmet, boots, gloves at a minimum) - and I encourage you to wear your entire MX ensemble for safety's sake.

NO ALCOHOL until after you're done riding.

NO Bikes larger than 150cc. This is a "little bike" track.

NO Quads - sorry.

KIDS are absolutely WELCOME!

NO dogs or pets - sorry.

You MUST have a good time, or you will be sent away... :lol:

Bring your canopy and some chairs to set up in "the pits", a cooler full of cold beverages and food, and as many XR's as your vehicle will hold.

Please send me an e-mail for directions, etc... mra21@hotmail.com if you are able to attend.

Hope to see everyone out there this Sunday!

dave.gallant
September 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I have ridden this track and have the scars to prove it. Very little in life is more fun than banging bars on this track (while wearing your clothes of course)...:)

Great idea TBaggins!!

T Baggins
September 14th, 2009, 03:23 PM
are you well enough to ride this weekend Davey?? love to have you out again!

dave.gallant
September 14th, 2009, 03:47 PM
are you well enough to ride this weekend Davey?? love to have you out again!

I was told stepping wrong could re-break my sh!t...

How hurt could I possibly get riding on an XR though...I mean, really??

:lol:

I really wish I could though as it is a wicked time and a good cause.

snay
September 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
DAVE I YOUR GOING TO RIDE HANG ON TO MY BONE STIM TILL UR DONE HAVE FUN I'M HALF TEMPTED TO MAKE THE 9HR DRIVE!!!!!!

froth
September 15th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Tony, 93 turns. So you're calling 46a/b/c/d just one? I thought it was four actual turns, not a quintuple apex.

dragos13
September 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hell yeah, this track looks like its going to be a BLAST!!!

See you guys Sunday 8)

dragos13
September 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
For those that are too lazy to click the link, here is the track :shock:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/l_cff37f19c5d544f5bf9f02948dbbfe6f.jpg

eklew
September 18th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Holy moly that is a lot of turns!!! What is a good lap time there? 30 minutes?

polar x
September 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
A good lap time is completing it with out having to have a ambulance waiting for you when get back to the house... :wink:

T Baggins
September 20th, 2009, 11:00 AM
oh, come on.... only ONE person ever had to have an internal organ removed emergency-style... the rest of us have just had the "usual" XR bumps and bruises... :lol:

rforsythe
September 20th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Holy moly that is a lot of turns!!! What is a good lap time there? 30 minutes?

Oh I dunno, just imagine something the size of Second Creek, except without ever actually going in a straight line.

I'd be there except Tony won't let me ride my XR on his track. :(

Ray-Ray
September 21st, 2009, 06:51 AM
For those that did not make it out to Tony's you missed a kick ass time!

Thanks Tony for putting this on.