PDA

View Full Version : The **OFFICIAL** Nominations Thread :)

The GECCO
September 10th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hello one and all,

This thread is where we will track all the nominations for the 2010 board. Nominations opened at last nights General Meeting and will close at the October 14th General Meeting. Shortly afterwards, the ballots will be mailed to the members and then will be collected and counted at the Annual Meeting on November 11th. In this thread I will track all the nominations and who has accepted/declined.

Here's a new twist on things - we are designating duties for each of the rider rep positions and the nominees will have to specify which position(s) (no more than 2) they would like to be considered for. As Tony has so eloquently written, the four duties are:

Rulebook - responsible for knowing rulebook inside and out, compiling new rule suggestions, coordinating and conducting rulebook committee meeting, and then presenting committee recommendations to the Board. Also requires making edits, corrections, etc... to rulebook as necessary, and then preparing rulebook text for the publishing company as per their guidelines. The majority of the work in this position occurs "off season". It has also included raceday announcing for the past several years, but this is not necessarily a requirement.

Trophy - responsible for contacting existing and prospective trophy sponsors to ensure classes are sponsored for race season. Must negotiate sponsorships, giving first right of refusal to returning class sponsors. Prepares and delivers invoices to trophy sponsors, and provides ongoing contact with trophy sponsors as necessary. Also responsible for contracting, ordering, and delivering trophies to MRA events and banquet. The workload for this position is fairly evenly spread throughout the calendar year.

PR Committee Chair - responsible for heading up and coordinating local/regional PR events with members and volunteers. Orders flyers, staff's events (bike nights, dealership open houses, etc...), posts on other club sites, communicates with Board regarding marketing expenditures, etc... This is NOT a one-man-band position. It requires someone who can coordinate and motivate members to attend various functions and keep tabs on ALL PR events to be sure the MRA is properly represented. This position requires attention and effort throughout the calendar year.

Press / Contingency - responsible for sending out results press releases immediately following the race weekend, primarily to Roadracing World and other race oriented magazines/websites. Updates and maintains the MRA Hotline, collects the mail from the Post Office, and cross-posts relevant information to other club sites as necessary. This position also assists the Vice President with contingency duties including contacting current and prospective contingency sponsors to ensure continued support in next season, phone and e-mail work to confirm forms, payouts, etc..., and assists in timely filing of contingency forms throughout the season. The workload for this position is year-round, but the heaviest load is immediately preceding, and during the race season.

Rules:
- You must be a current member in order to nominate someone.
- You can nominate a non-member, but the nominee must become a member before accepting the nomination and being put on the ballot.
- You MUST accept the nomination in order to be put on the ballot, if you do not accept, you will not be on the ballot.
- If you are nominated for multiple positions (besides the multiple Rider Representative designations) you may only accept ONE.
- You can nominate and accept/decline in the following ways:
[list:a4561c71a8]- A post in this thread (HIGHLY preferred)
- Via email to me at MRARacer157 at yahoo
- Via PM on this board
- Via phone to me
[/list:u:a4561c71a8]

Here are the current nominees:
(alphabetical order)

President
Tony Baker** - accept
Ryan Burke - accept
Glenn Conser - decline
Chris Coonshead - accept
Scott Rybarik - accept

Secretary
Jen Grosse - accept
Kristina Meyers - decline
Kate Tinworth - accept

VP of Rules and Tech
Ben Fox - accept
Ray Gaimara - decline
Bart McKiernan - accept

Track Marshal
Kip Book - decline
Nick Gibson - decline
Kyle Isker - decline
Tim Young - accept

New Rider Director
Jeff Brown - decline
Ricky Orlando - accept
Mark Schellinger - accept

Rider Representative
Mike Applehans - accept (Press/Contingency and Trophy)
Jim Brewer - decline
Jeff Brown - accept (Trophies and PR Committee)
Jason Curdy - accept (Rulebook)
Casey Dragos - accept (Rulebook)
Chris Fuller - accept (Rulebook and Trophies)
Wyeth Jackson - accept (Trophy and Press/Contingency)
Shannon Moham - accept (Rulebook)
Donna Turner - accept (Trophy and PR Committee)
Jim Wilson - accept (PR Committee and Press/Contingency)
Jeff Winter - accept (Rulebook and PR Committee)

**As Tony is the sitting Vice President it should be noted that if Tony accepts the nomination and is elected President the first remedy for filling the Vice President position (per our Bylaws and the Colorado Non-Profit Corporation Act) would be for the new board to appoint a replacement for the remainder of the term, which is the 2010 season.

JenJen
September 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I accept! :D

hcr25
September 10th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I accept! For the Press/Contingency Rider Rep position.

I would like to continue to be the rider rep that handles Press / Contingency. This position has evolved over the past couple of year. This year I was able to get our race results over to Road Racing World. This was something that had not been done for a handful of years prior. Next year I would also like to get a short article written about ROR and maybe one other random class per weekend sent in as well. As a expert who needs and chases contingency I want to try and expedite the process so we can get paid faster. It is also important to continue to grow our relationships with existing companies and to look for new opportunities for our members. I feel in my 15 years of racing and working in the industry I have made many contacts that will help me in this position.

I have been a member of the MRA since 1995. I have held race licenses with the AMA, WERA, CCS, CRA, USBA, SMRI and ASMA. I feel this gives me a wide range of experience to pull from for all aspects of the rider rep position.

I love to instruct and help new racers learn. Experience is a great tool to be able to share!

You can call me Applesauce, Mikey, Hanzy or even hey A$$hole. Just don't call me late for the riders meeting.
How is it that in 15 years of racing my name was never called at a riders meeting. Then we implement a $100 fine and get sent to the back of the grid if you are not there when your name is called. This year i think my name was called 6 times and twice in one weekend!

I appreciate your vote!

My name is Mike Applehans and I approve this message.

T Baggins
September 10th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Thank you for considering me for the position of President of the MRA. I have an unfair advantage in the election this year. If I win, then I get to be President for 2010/2011. If I don’t, then I continue in my role as VP. The bylaws are written such that, “if” I win the election, the new Board of Directors will appoint a Vice President to finish out my term. Thankfully we have several good, qualified candidates for the President’s position. I truly feel that any one of us would bring value and strength to the club and each are quite capable of succeeding in the President’s position.

That notwithstanding, I feel that I am the best choice for the MRA President position for 2010/2011 – if for no other reason than my many years of experience with the MRA. I have been a member since 1990 and have been actively involved the entire time, whether I was on the Board or not. The past six years I have been either a Rider Rep or Vice President, so I have a very clear (and current) understanding of what it takes to run the club – and what pitfalls we need to avoid.

We have seen a variety of successes and failures over the past 20 years. The current challenges that confront the club are difficult, but not unprecedented – and by far not the worst we’ve ever experienced. In hindsight, are there things we could have done proactively for 2009 to minimize the impact the economy has had on our club – of course. Would it have profoundly changed the outcome? In my opinion, probably not. The sad truth is that a good percentage of our current members simply couldn’t afford to put together the same level (or any level) of program for 2009. It’s tough to put on a race season for the MRA when the income is cut in half, and the expenses nearly double.

Probably the biggest downside to having me as President is that I have a pretty firm opinion of “what the MRA is, and what it is not”. Am I open to change? Certainly. Am I in favor of major, drastic change? Absolutely not. If you’re looking for drastic change in the MRA over the next two years, please don’t vote for me. This club has successfully promoted motorcycle racing for over 30 years, using a formula that has been substantially unchanged. Sure there have been tweaks from time to time, and we’ll need to do some serious tweaking this off season to ensure a successful 2010 race season. The MRA isn’t “broken” but it needs some major work to adjust to the current financial environment, and the needs of our members. It also needs the members to lift a finger from time to time (other than to point it at someone else…) and work together to promote our club. Believe me, if you really think that 11 quasi-volunteers can get it ALL done, you’re dreaming – even if we didn’t already have full time “real” jobs.

Here’s where I stand on a few issues: I am in favor of a “SuperStreet” type class that would make the transition from street/track day rider to racer much easier. I am in favor of offering additional class options for our Novice racers to increase their experience and increase club income. I will push to ensure that the Race of the Rockies payout continues to be tied to overall race entries so we don’t have large payouts when the money simply isn’t there. I am currently working to see if we can further eliminate paper and postage costs by offering an online licensing process rather than printing and mailing the big packets. I am absolutely opposed to a one-day race schedule for two reasons: 1) Saturday is profitable, and we would lose many endurance racers who can’t afford to race otherwise. 2) If you want any quality practice time, you will have to PAY (an entity other than the MRA) $100 to $150 to do a lapping day – as opposed to having Saturday practice included in your entry fees. Members would have to spend more $$, but the club gets less...??? Nothing good could come from this scenario. I also favor qualifying for ROR and Novice Classes ONLY.

The President’s position has a few specific responsibilities (contracts, scheduling, etc…) but ultimately I believe the President’s most important job is to ensure that the rest of the Board has the tools and knowledge they need to succeed, and to be sure that everyone is “doing” their jobs, so that important things aren’t falling thru the cracks. This could be easily coordinated thru regular communication with other Board members, but to be truly effective the President would need to know “what” the other people are supposed to be doing. Thankfully this is knowledge I already possess.

I would be honored to be your President for 2010/2011, but rest assured I will fully support and assist the other candidates should one of them win the election instead.

Munch
September 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Your stance on a Public Option for Healthcare?

:lol:

Otis
September 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I have two nominations
Donna Turner for Rider Rep. because she rocks and works hard for the club and
Ben Fox for VP of Rules and Tech because he is a mechanic and has the mechanical knowledge for tear downs.

T Baggins
September 11th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Your stance on a Public Option for Healthcare?

:lol:

it could work, but the physicians would have to be compensated at about double what medicare pays if there's any chance of it working. Otherwise no decent docs will see the patients. :shock:

benfoxmra95
September 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I have two nominations
Donna Turner for Rider Rep. because she rocks and works hard for the club and
Ben Fox for VP of Rules and Tech because he is a mechanic and has the mechanical knowledge for tear downs.

Accept:

I'm all about safety, that's my number one priority when it comes to allowing race bikes on the track.

I'd like to carry on the great job tha Ray has done the past two years and bring a fresh insight into the MRA board as most of you know I tend to look at things from a differenent perspective.

Change is good, change is what keeps things moving in the right direction, it stimulates ideas, and growth.

Im not sure what the future holds for some of the classes in the MRA but I can see that over the years the level of attention to the rulebook has increased and the mra is expecting more and more from this position. I have the experience and attention to detail to perform this task.

I have not hung up my leathers, but chasing points every weekend is not in my future. So my full attention will paid to the job of tech during the race weekends.

Thanks for all the great memories and here's to many more. Lets all look forward to a safe and successful 2010!

Ben Fox

Timmay!
September 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I gratefully accept the nomination of Track Marshal for the 2010 season.

I have been an MRA member for twelve years now. I have raced with varying success and made countless friends. The club is my second job, a large segment of my social life, and racing is part of who I am. I was rider representative in 2004 and 2005, I ran for Track Marshal in 2006, and have held the position for three out of the last four years to include 2006, 2007 and this last season.

Being Track Marshal is something I take very seriously. Being a racer myself I truly understand the importance of safety on the track, and I bring the understanding of the needs of the rider to my position. I have had more than my share of crashes and was grateful to the corner workers for each and every “rescue.”

Another aspect of this position I take very seriously is being a board member. I feel privileged to be a part of the regulating body for this club, and feel a great sense of responsibility in being a member of the group of people who guide it’s future.

If you vote for me I can assure you a continuation of what you have come to expect from our safety program. I will continue to deliver the same level of dedication and performance from the safety crew and I, and promise to provide you with a safe racing environment, the same one which you have come to trust and rely on in years past. I will maintain a track safety program that is designed from a racer’s perspective, and one that puts the needs of the racers first, above all other considerations.

Throttleroller277
September 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I accept!! Thank You 8)

Bio to follow.

Wild Cheetah 612
September 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I accept the nomination for Rider Representative.

Rider Representatives are your connection to the Board. We are not technically Board members, but your voice to the Board. We are here to answer your questions, help you with race day protocol, ride with you on the track during practice sessions, help resolve conflicts, and try to keep you out of trouble. Our other job when away from the track is one of the four named positions. I have chosen to run for either the PR Chair or Trophy position, both or which I have experience in doing and have achieved success.

PR Chair Position
I took over the PR position when the MRA’s financial calamity occurred. It was a frenzied time with action needed immediately. We started a forum thread collecting ideas. I sorted through them and organized the schedule of events and PR materials we needed to get the word out. Because of the dedication of you members, we were able to get back on track. We as a club are still not fiscally healthy and we need to continue the PR mission to attract spectators, new racers, and businesses to the MRA events. I feel I have gained a lot knowledge and experience over the last several months and would like to continue what I have started. I have posted a PR Mission Statement and three points of attack to pinpoint our efforts to achieve specific results based on our successes and failures of last season.

Trophy Position
I was in charge of the trophies for the last three and a half seasons. I have developed relationships with the trophy sponsors and know what it takes to get the job done. I listen to what the riders want as far as trophies and try to mix it up so we don’t have the same things year after year. I think it time to mix it up again for the 2010 season trophies.

I have been honored to serve the MRA on the Board for the last four years and hope I have earned your continued support.

Thank you!!!!
Donna Bowden Turner

Roadracer446
September 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Wuz up fellow MRA members. My name is Jason Curdy and I am running for the position of Rule Book Rider Rep. I promise to keep this shorter than our effin Vice President did.

I've been with the club for two years. I'm not the fastest racer in the club, but I have the fastest mouth and with this I'll speak up and work hard for each and everyone of you.

The last two years have given me a lifetime of memories and good times. Now it's my turn to give back.

So, when your ballot comes in the mail, VOTE for Jason "Purdy" Curdy # 446 for Rule Book Rider Rep!

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i21jr9.jpg

spyvspy
September 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I am so grateful for your consideration of me in the position of MRA secretary and I happily accept.
As a rider, racer, corner worker, and self-declared MRA groupie, there's little that would make me more proud than giving my time, energy, and enthusiasm to our club as a member of the Board.

In addition to my undeniable love for this club, I feel I have a strong advantage in that I "get it" from many perspectives-- as a racer, a safety worker, pit crew, and a supporter/family member of a racer. I definitely know first-hand what it takes to get to and get through a race weekend-- how hectic and chaotic it can be and how important it is to both the racers and the organization overall to keep things straight-forward, organized, and accurate.

It is probably worth saying that my "real job" heavily relies on working with databases, spreadsheets, evaluation, and statistics. I am organized and detail-oriented, but also approachable and level-headed, even under pressure (which is absolutely essential when points are at stake and grid positions argued over). If elected I can assure you I will know the ins-and-outs of our databases and computer systems to streamline the process. I will also stay up-to-date on rules and standings.

Finally, representing the club and its membership is paramount to me. We come from various perspectives so it's important to me to get a clear, representative view of what MRA members want and need from the Board. This is OUR club, and I can assure you I won't forget that. I want to hear from you openly and candidly about issues as and when they come up, and I am committed to be accessible to all members.

A bit of background for those of you who don't know me or my story:
-Introduced to MRA in 2008 via #416 (Tom Lilly) and corner worked that season.
-Rode my first bike ever in April 2008, bought an SV and gear, and got my racer cert in June 2008. (Woohoo!!!)
-Raced LoR and Sportsman before the end of the 2008 season.
-Health issues in early 2009 (still sorting it out), so no racing! But I was there each and every race weekend-- corner working when I could, helping out in the pits, avidly cheering, and wishing I could race!

The long and short of it is that I have fallen hard for the MRA. You all quickly became both my mentors and my second family. I am hooked-- totally and completely! And I want to do whatever I can to give to this club.

I invite those of you who don't know me well to PM, email, or grab a drink with me and ask me anything you like before you cast your vote. I want you to feel confident in your choice for who should fill this role. I also welcome you to get in touch and tell me what you feel needs to happen in the MRA secretary role and for the Board in general.

Many thanks,
Kate Tinworth

Oh-- and as requested:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7677/47096044.jpg http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6641/ktnyc.jpg

Throttleroller277
September 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Thank you for the nomination of Rider Representative for the 2010 season!......”What can Brown do for you?”

For those of you that do not know me, I have been a member of the MRA since 2003, and Rider Representative throughout the 2008 and 2009 seasons. I have also raced, with the CMRA, ASMA, USBA, and AMA.

The great people and camaraderie that the MRA has is impeccable, which is why I am proud to not only call the MRA my home, but my family as well.

I have always enjoyed helping people in anyway that I can, on or off the track. Whether it be sharing any knowledge that I may have, loaning a part, or even loaning my motorcycle at times. My door is always open, whether you are a beginning novice, an experienced racer, or to the “Canyon Carvers” as well. I have also really enjoyed instructing at the New Racer schools for the past 4 years, and watching the new racers improve as time moves on. When I first started in the MRA I did not know anyone, and was not sure who to turn to for advice, and the Rider Reps were always there, and willing to stop and take a minute, regardless of what they were doing at the time. I will never forget those times or people that have helped me, and I therefore take great pride in doing the same for you.

Once again, thank you for your nomination. I assure you that if I am re-elected as Rider Representative (trophies/pr) you will not be let down!!

I am very passionate about the MRA and its members…. past, present, and future. Therefore if I am not elected for next year, still feel free to ask me anything at anytime, my door is always open. We all started racing because we enjoy it, and it's fun. A few years ago I was getting a little too serious about it, and the drive for the win, and making money started to overcome that, and I was getting down. But a fellow Rider Rep came and reminded me of why we even started racing....."because it's fun!"...... so if you ever feel like you're not having fun anymore, just swing into my pit, and I guaranty you'll have a good time!

Jeff Brown –aka- “Brownie”, #277

“What can Brown do for you?” 8)

JimWilson29
September 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I thankfully accept my nomination for Rider Representative. I ask that the members of the MRA consider me for the PR Committee Chair position.

I joined the MRA in 2003 after a number of years of street riding and track days. I have held race licenses with the AMA, USBA, SMRI and WSMC. I have been an instructor for the MRA New Rider School and I have instructed new track day riders with both Chicane Track Days and Pueblo Mororsports Park. The past 3 seasons I have been a member of the MRA's air fence crew. Having the opportunity to race motorcycles has been the biggest thrill of my life. My fellow racers have become my greatest friends. One of these friends, and a nominee in this post, put it best when he told me that the MRA is a big fraternity. I couldn’t agree more and I am proud to be a part of it.

The past 2 years I have successfully organized large Bike Night events, drawing up to 300 enthusiasts. This required a constant marketing effort and a variety of resources. I have also spent my time providing marketing assistance to Chicane Track Days and to my many sponsors. When the MRA found itself in a detrimental financial position, I offered my help by designing, printing and distributing the 2 for 1 MRA flyers that were key to the large spectator attendance numbers at the final two race weekends this season.

If elected to the PR Committee Chair position, there will be a number of steps I will implement in order to build a viable and successful public relations effort for the MRA.

• The short and long-term objectives of the MRA’s publicity and media plan will be defined, including a mission statement made public to all members of the MRA. The PR campaign will build goodwill among the motorcycling community, create and reinforce the MRA brand and image, inform and create positive perceptions regarding the MRA, and generate new participants, spectators and sponsors.

• The goals in achieving the MRA’s PR objective will be defined and result-oriented. These goals will be specific and measurable, i.e. rider and spectator attendance, gate revenue.

• Assess the MRA’s current resources and decide what can be used for the PR campaign.

• The target audience will be defined. Who are we focusing on and directing our campaign at?

• A publicized schedule or calendar will be developed for PR campaigns which will include dealer open houses, bike night events, bike shows, swap meets and also non-bike related events that could have the potential of generating more interest in MRA events.

• Develop a budget that will include the cost of flyers, posters, and other media relevant to achieving the defined objectives.

• An implementation plan will be developed that will define how to get the MRA’s message to the media, motorcycle community and public. This plan can include the creating and distribution of flyers and posters, both electronic versions on the internet and physical copies distributed by MRA members, dealers, press releases and articles, radio, television, or press interviews, etc.

• Put measures in place to track the results of the MRA’s PR Campaign. The results will be evaluated after each campaign to determine if the defined objectives were met. These results will be made public at both monthly meetings and on the MRA forum.

• Implement crisis planning to include all possible negative scenarios and the club’s appropriate response to them.

Jim Wilson
MRA #3 in 2009, #28 hereafter

Bizerker27
September 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I graciously accept the presidential nomination.

My first experience with the MRA was in 1986, as a spectator. I was 8 years old. My Uncle Dennie had just started his novice year. Roadracing was something new to me that had grace and style unlike any racing I had seen before. I was hooked on the sport at an early age. 6 years later, I began my own roadracing career with Micro Racers Ltd. With an age limit of 16, I wasn’t at the time, able to race with the MRA. In 1994, I came of age and my roadracing career began with the MRA. Besides the 2000 season in which I raced with Formula USA, or the few times I have suffered injury, I have missed only a small handful of MRA events. I have witnessed the club evolve over the 23 years I’ve been around. Through good times and bad times alike, the passion for the sport and the club by its members has been untiring.

With a solid foundation already in place, I believe I can uphold and grow the first class reputation of our outstanding racing organization. I believe we need to diligently build on the image the MRA has created through the years. Promotional outreach alongside other clubs, thru spectators, media, and other straightforward and effective advertising campaigns is necessary to increase the member population and spectator attendance. I am in favor of eliminating waste and streamlining costs for the club and the members in an effort to adapt to current economic times to add to the continuing success of the club. I am also in favor of a shorter, one race a month schedule to evenly distribute the financial burdens of racing in hopes of keeping attendance high throughout the racing season. I am open to your ideas, comments, and concerns from the members of our club. I believe there is always room for new and innovative ideas. Should finances and participation allow, I am also interested into looking into an end of the year finale which will be financially beneficial to the club, as well as make an impression of the MRA that will not soon fade.

Please vote for Ryan Burke for your MRA President. Together we can improve our remarkable club, and ensure a safe and competitive environment to test the limits of our abilities and machines. Together we can share memories, build relationships, share our passion for motorcycle roadracing, and ensure the continued success of the MRA. Your vote is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Ryan Burke, MRA #27

dragos13
September 15th, 2009, 06:56 AM
I accept and would like to run for the Rulebook position.

First I would like to thank Scott with Chicane Trackdays for the nomination of Rider Rep. My name is Casey Dragos #901 and I have been with the club for 3 years. I have attended every race weekend and plan on doing so for many years to come. You will regularly see me at the general meetings each month. I also have attended the rulebook committee meeting for the previous 2 years. I was part of the Air Fence crew last year. I also have a strong dedication in following the rulebook and making sure it is written in a way that is fair for everyone. Over the years the rulebook has had many different interpretations (Supersport and Novice rules) and I believe its time to simplify what is said, and make sure everyone understands necessary requirements and regulations to SAFELY participate in a race event. If elected to this position, I will go above and beyond what many would expect. Helping new riders has always been a passion of mine and I will continue to do that no matter the outcome of this election. I instruct with Chicane Trackdays and also with the MRA license school, which allows me to not only see the club from a racer perspective but a track guy viewpiont as well. I believe you must stay open minded in this world in order to grow to your full potential. I already know the rulebook front to back and continue to study not only our regulations but also those of other clubs such as WERA, CCS and MoM.

Again, it is my honor to run for a board position in this club and I hope to be able to bring the voice of ALL members to the table.

If elected, I will make it a priority to have all members involved in understanding the rulebook, the rule change process, and the fact that WE, the members, are the ones who make this club what it is. I would like to see more active participation from members and I want to be the person that ANYONE can go to and have confidence that your suggestions or concerns will NEVER fall on deaf ears. I have an active voice on this forum as well as in person. I'm also not afraid to be heard, wether its the voice of the majority or the issues of a single rider.

Thanks again and I appreciate your time.

EDIT: Picture added at request of PremiumBlend
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs218.snc1/8523_1240359610148_1264033490_709461_48149_n.jpg

rybo
September 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
First and foremost I would like to thank "anonymous" for nominating me for the President's position at the last general meeting. I accept the nomination and hope to hold a place in shaping the future of the MRA.

For those of you that do not know me, my name is Scott Rybarik and I approve this message. I've been involved with the MRA in some form since 2002 and have seen the club grow and struggle in different ways in that seven years. I like to think that I'm a good critical thinker, an excellent listener and someone who strives to assure good communication. I own and operate Chicane Trackdays, a motorcycle trackday provider based in Colorado. From this I have an intimate understanding of the operations aspect of running events at racetracks, the hard skills if you will.

I'd like to keep this short, so that you read all of it, so I'm going to boil my platform down to bullet points. I encourage you to ask questions you have of me either in the public forum, in private message or in person.

> The MRA is one of the finest communities that I've ever belonged to and I would work to encourage the continued creation and support of that community. I don't believe that we do enough to reach out to our novices or traveling riders to bring them into our inner circle. One of my primary objectives would be to make our community more accessible through PR efforts, cost examination and personal contact with the membership as a whole.

> I believe that it is time for some fresh perspective on the MRA board. I have the utmost respect for the people who have stepped up to be leaders, but know that in the last couple of elections that leadership has remained unchanged. It is time for fresh ideas and new eyes to look and see how we can maintain the high quality of racing that we have while growing by changing our direction.

> I believe that incremental change is the key to our success both in the past and in the future.

> Finally I believe that the time has come to narrow the gap between the membership and the board. As president I will not advocate to try every idea that comes our way, but I do promise to listen to you if you have something to say and try to have a productive discussion around your ideas.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to seeing you at our next general meeting.

Scott

oldtimer
September 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I accept the nomination for Rider Rep, thank you! Bio to follow shortly. :D

Wyeth Jackson

dave.gallant
September 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I would like to nominate Chris Fuller for Rider Representative.

polar x
September 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I accept and will produce a BIO shortly.

PremiumBlend
September 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I don't know if this is feasible, but if you are able to or willing to can you post a picture of yourself in your bio's?

dave.gallant
September 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I don't know if this is feasible, but if you are able to or willing to can you post a picture of yourself in your bio's?

Scantily clad if possible.

ZiaThunder
September 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Dude!!!

Think about some of the people who have been nominated.... Some of them "scantily clad" is NOT something I'd like to see.

dave.gallant
September 16th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Dude!!!

Think about some of the people who have been nominated.... Some of them "scantily clad" is NOT something I'd like to see.

Really?

Tbagger looks great in heels and a push-up bra.

(Want to see pics??)

PremiumBlend
September 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
LOL Dave, I'm scared of this image!

froth
September 16th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

JimWilson29
September 16th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Found a pic of Tbagger for you-

http://home.comcast.net/~jimwilson7020/Images/uglylucker13.jpg

Mark Schellinger
September 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I gratefully accept the nomination for the 2010 MRA New Rider Director.

Teaching and coaching new riders has been a passion for me for almost two decades.

It would be my privilege to serve the MRA members and help our great club prosper.

The MRA is like a family to me, I enjoy the friendships I have made.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to give me a call.
303-944-0333

Please see the attached video

http://www.vimeo.com/6617520

Your vote is appreciated
Mark E Mark

chris nami
September 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM
i gratefully accept the nomination for rider rep. if i have to pick two jobs to have it would be rules and trophies but it really doesn't matter, i know i love this club and will bust my ass to get the job done... whatever it needs to be.
i also would like to say that if tony gets elected to the president position i will put my name in the hat to take on the role of VP until the next election.
thank you and a bio will be posted soon. -C

rorlando
September 18th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you for nominating me for new rider director. I have been a member since 1976. I have held this position in the past as well as rider rep and the pr position and actually got my girlfriend to run for president years ago.
My school has been operating successfully for eight years now. I am certified by the motorcycle safety foundation to teach the street and dirt classes and have designed my own classes for intermediate and roadracing students. I have also taught with Keith Code as a guest instructor.
I believe my credentials show that I am qualified for this position. The board position that come with this position is also very important to me. Seeing the ups and downs of this club over the years has given me a lot of experience on how we can improve the MRA. I believe that to stay successful that a user friendly attitude needs to be fore front for novices and experts alike.
Change is good so please vote for Ricky Orlando for new rider director.

rforsythe
September 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I am in favor of eliminating waste and streamlining costs for the club and the members in an effort to adapt to current economic times to add to the continuing success of the club.

Could you expand on what that means exactly?

KipBook
September 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I would first off like to thank Fred Roth for the nomination for Track Marshal... It is very appreciated.

However, I regretfully must decline.. It is my belief that the role of TM requires the ability to attend every race weekend as well as schools and other MRA sanctioned events. That said, I know I will not be able to commit to these obligations for the 2010 season. I do hope to return in what ever capacity I can be of most benefit and I look forward to seeing you all again in the season to come.

polar x
September 29th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I want to say thank you for the nomination for President.

My name is Chris Coonshead and I have been with the club since 2005. I was a helper with the air fence my first year without compensation, then for the next 2 years I was on the air fence crew. Over the last 2 years I have been the air fence captain. In that position I was able to get the club 4 brand new airbags to replace the used ones that the club bought from the AMA years ago. I was able to do that with out cost to the club by thinking outside the box and dealing with people who were more concerned about our safety than the cost, by offering a service which was beneficial to them and in return we get the usage of the air fence purchased for our protection. Thanks go to the Hendry's of use age Boulder Motorsports and Joe Logalbo and the Gene safety fund.

I walked thru the pits at the last HPR race and asked several of you about what you wanted from your next president. The top three things, in order, were these.
1. A more open and friendly board
2. A continued effort in the PR campaign. Done at each race event.
3. A better effort by the club to bring new novices in and retain the novices we have.

To address the first one I would start by asking at the riders meetings who is new to the group or from out of town and what we can do, as a club, to make your race day campaign and fun. I would ask the group what they want to see changed or done differently. Not just those that are at the races but those that have been gone from our group for the last few years. I feel that the experts are the backbone to this club and their wisdom and support is needed for our club to survive. But we can not forget that it is the novice racer who will get this club to grow again and be a strong and viable entity in the future and as such they are our customers and we need to cater to them. We need to help them be successful in our sport. I noticed that many novices were all by themselves in the pits. What does that say about our group? It tells me that we need to be more open and welcoming to them. We need to offer to them a product that is staffed with volunteers (experts, successful) who will let them pit by them, answer questions and take them by the hand thru the process of what it takes to race with our club. From registration to tech to pit set up and safety. A watchful eye on their bike and gear that could keep them safe on the track. And if they are safer on the track then we as group are safer too.

Number 2 and 3 kinda support each other. The PR campaign and novice retention.
Jim Wilson and Donna Bowden have done great things for getting the PR campaign moving forward. I think we should support that effort by offering campaign to those that are supporting our club and recognize them for it. Those efforts bring new people to our club and exposure for the MRA. We should continue "selling" ourselves at places like dealerships, motorcycles shows, recognize events, radio and TV exposure as well as local track day events. I think the track day rider is a large market for novice recruitment for our group and we need to develop something that allows them to experience the race environment and get their feet wet with out the huge cost and commitment of jumping in with both feet. A special class, or a MRA sponsored "track day race" something that allows the average track day rider a chance to taste the excitement and fun that we all share in by racing with the MRA.

I am glad to see that there are many people on the ballet, that shows the club cares and wants to see some change. I think the club needs to have change in all the position and get away from the good ole boy stigma. I believe that each person should and WILL BE accountable for the duties that their position holds and if they can't do it then they need to step down and let someone who will. A president should ask WHY we are doing this or that, not TELL the group we are doing this and that. The president should be the voice of ALL not the path of one.

A vote for any of the those running is a vote for change and in that you can not go wrong. Change is a good thing and I support change. I truly believe that the best thing you can do to help this club is VOTE. whether you VOTE for me or the other qualified candidates, PLEASE GET OUT THERE AND VOTE.

It shows support for the club and I hope that you will support me for President in that endeavor.

rybo
October 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I would like to add a nomination:

Jeff Winter for Rider Rep

Jeff has been very engaged in the rules change discussion this year, especially around the idea of creating a superstreet class.

He has engaged the CSC in what it would take to get such a class off the ground, as well as what it would take to get some of those riders on to the grid.

JWinter
October 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I accept and would be willing to do rulebook or PR, Bio coming soon.

Jeff

oldtimer
October 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Thank you for the nomination of Rider Rep, I’m excited to have the opportunity to work for the membership! I know the 09 season was challenging, but it’s producing very positive effects going into 2010. After last year’s financial crisis lots of good ideas are being presented and lots of good people are coming forward to lift the club up. This is an exciting time to join in the revitalization of the MRA! With that in mind, I respectfully ask the membership to consider me for the positions of Trophy or Press/Contingency.

A little about my history; I spectated my first MRA event in 1992 in Steamboat Springs. I was instantly hooked and wanted to race, but didn’t know how to ride a motorcycle. I spent ’93 as an MRA Associate member, cornerworking and learning to ride, then bought a racebike and started racing in ’94. I raced off and on with the MRA through 2000, during that time I also competed with WERA, CCS, FormulaUSA and the AMA. I quit racing for the majority of the 00’s and am very grateful to everyone who’s helped me get back on a bike.

If elected as Trophy Rep I will thoroughly research our options for the 2010 season. Trophies are an important reward/recognition for every racer and I want to find something great for next season. I also realize that the MRA is closely reviewing its spending--I pledge to stick to whatever budget is set for the 2010 trophy expense by the board. In these tough economic times I know next year will be difficult to secure class sponsorships, I anticipate many personal visits to new and returning sponsors.

If elected to Press/Contingency I will ensure timely results posting and press releases covering the MRA. I will regularly promote our club in both roadracing magazines and online outlets, and I have some ideas on how to assist individual MRA racers with their own press. Marketing is my job, I would love to apply it to promoting the MRA! I’m active on numerous forums and online networks and have contacts throughout the racing industry. To preserve and expand our contingency I pledge to work closely with the VP, contacting current and new sponsors. Together we will file contingency forms in a timely manner and follow up on the expected payouts to our members. This is an important part of your race budget and mine and I will do everything I can to make it a smooth process.

I look forward to working with the other board members in 2010, and building on the excellent work done by previous Rider Reps. Thank you for your vote!

Wyeth Jackson

JenJen
October 11th, 2009, 08:49 PM
JenJen’s BIO

I have learned that the MRA is more than just about racing motorcycles it is about family and friends. We all pull together when it’s needed the most. Everyone supports each other any & every way they can. The MRA members have become family to me. I enjoy cheering you all on during the races and encouraging you off the track.

I love every part of the MRA Secretary position. From printing grids and inputting data to watching everyone pile in the race day office to see where they finished (Highlighter Queen). The Secretary position is about so much more than that. Being on the Board is different than what I ever thought it could be. Everyone on the board wants nothing but the best for the MRA as well as the members even if that means making the hard decisions.

I have been around the MRA since 2007. I do not race but love to watch you all have a great time. I took over the Secretary position in June 2008. It was an adjustment but I’m a quick learner so learning the ins and outs went well for me. I’m an organized person. I like things to flow & being organized is the main key to everything going smooth.

If elected for the 2010-2011 seasons I will continue to perform all my required duties in the same smiley fashion as I always have before. I will support our new President when Decisions need to be made. I also look forward to having a say for the “Super Street” class & the extra opportunities for our novice riders that have been discussed.

A lil about myself, I’m a mom of 3 boys Georgi 16, Camron 13, & Curtis 6. My husband Rick Grosse #20 has raced with the MRA since 2006, which is how I got involved. I’m a very energetic & outgoing person. I’m a big people person. I love interacting with everyone and getting to know them & their families. The MRA is my social network in which most of my friends race with ironically enough. Race weekends are my time to relax & visit with my friends (After the last race of the day of course). I love doing what I do!! I wish we could race year round so I could see everyone at least once a month. I miss you all already!!

I really look forward to seeing you all next season!

Thank you
Sincerely
Jen Jen
Aka Jen Grosse

TRK
October 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I am in :D .
Biography to follow.

Bartman
October 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I am in :D .
Biography to follow.

If you are in I guess so am I. If for no other reason than someone has to keep a eye on you. :D I will get out my bio soon.
Bartman

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I really appreciate the nomination and I've been thinking about it very hard over the past weeks, but I am going to decline this time.

Anti-bio :wink:
I've really enjoyed being on the board since .. what 2000? The MRA has gone through a lot since then and I think the club is better than ever before.

We used to have to mail everything out, then there was the yahoo groups list. Now we have the forum (thanks Davey!). The rules used to be done with a few guys in a smoke filled room, now we have the rule change process with a little more consistent of a rulebook (although it could still use improvement). We had the Andrew fiasco.

We started, ran, and stopped a supermoto series, and we started and continue to have the endurance series. Raceday announcing has gone through some changes - we have more data to report and it's cheaper now, but you get what you pay for, eh? :( (no offense to Autumn)

Anyway, I wasn't fully responsible for all of these changes (thankfully) but I did have a hand in a lot of them.

I'm going to continue racing and being involved with announcing (if that's what's needed), new rider training (hopefully) and will continue to see everyone, but I think it might be nice to get new victims^H^H^H^H^Hcontributors into the rider rep position for 2010.

Best of luck to all the candidates!!

ldenvermom
October 15th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Chris Fuller #13

Thank you for the nomination of Rider Representative for the 2010 Race Season. I would like to take this opportunity to provide a bit of background on myself; as well as let you in on my philosophies and what I can bring to the position when elected.

I have been a member of the MRA club since 1999 when I was talked into taking the MRA School at Pikes Peak track by a close friend. Before that, I had never been on a racetrack. After that, I was completely amazed at what I saw & felt. I saw amazing riders & felt the camaraderie and family closeness of this remarkable group of people.

When my wife, Lynette, & I started our family seven years ago, we were so involved in the love of racing that our children both started attending the races within days of being born. Our son, Racer, & our daughter, Irelynn (known by most as Pickle), have become involved as well. They look forward to the race weekends – a time when they get to see the other track kids and watch dad go fast…”go daddy, go daddy, go daddy”! You’ll find them around the pit – helping my wife wrench on the bike or cleaning off the squished bugs & dirt that gravitates toward my windscreen.

I’ve seen the club go through many changes in these past 10 years. I feel that the club is going through more changes in the future & you cannot affect change in the direction you want without personal involvement. Without being a voice for those who want change.

As a business owner, I understand that change is the way to grow; you must try new methods that may end up making just the right mix that helps you succeed. I also understand that there are no mistakes if you learn & grow from them. It takes more than great ideas & words to make things happen – it takes hard work & dedication to affecting the action that is behind your words.

Because I own a business, I am able to put time into the club – to be available to the riders that I represent. I think that the format assigning responsibilities is a good one – it makes our club membership choose an individual who is responsible & accountable for some of the important things that our club needs done to succeed.

I will be accountable for either the Rulebook committee & production or the sponsorships & subsequent trophy project.

I have been involved in the past with the Rulebook meetings & feel that our rules are what make our sport safe & fair. I enjoy facilitating a combination of ideas into a product that represents the majority.

As the trophy delegate, I have a unique view as a past class sponsor. I understand what a sponsor wants & needs to be accomplished when they choose to go with our club as a form of advertising. The sponsors need to feel as if they are being well-represented. They need it to be handled more like a business transaction & less like they are donating to a charity.

Electing me as Rider Representative will bring a new direction - a new voice to the position. I have enough understanding that some of the old ideas need to be brought back, but there is also a need to work within the club’s current structure. The elected group needs to find a balance in today’s’ multitude of challenges to help the club not only succeed – but grow and thrive.

Elect Chris Fuller, Rider #13 – for 2010 Rider Representative!

JWinter
October 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the nomination for rider rep.
Here is a bit about me: I grew up on a farm outside the Eaton area (the same Eaton that Lewis and Floorwax called the Eaton Beavers), riding dirtbikes for fun. To this day I still take a few turns on the old dirt hills on the south end of the farm. Although I grew up on 2-wheels I never raced competitively until I joined the MRA in 2003. I started racing on an old Honda RS 125 and fell in love with GP bikes, and decided in 2005 to build a 4-stroke GP bike. By the middle of the 2006 season the 450 GP bike was completed and I started racing it from the end of 2006-current.

2010 will be my seventh season in the MRA and the club is extended family to me. I have developed great friendships here plus I have enjoyed some great competition. I always have and always will be an approachable person for those who need assistance. I want to see the club grow, I am a big supporter of the new proposed superstreet bike class, plus additional Sunday novice classes. Whether or not I am a rider rep will not change my attempts to get new riders on the grid; I have already offered my services to potential new riders from the CSC for next season. I am doing my own little “adopt” a newbie program for next year and hope it turns into a yearly success.

As rider rep I would be willing to be in charge of the rulebook duties or be in charge of PR duties. I have outside sales experience through employment that would help with my duties as the PR chairman. I have been involved with rule committee meetings in the past as well as knowing the rulebook in its current form.

Thanks for the nomination and good luck to everyone else who has been nominated.
Jeff Winter