PDA

View Full Version : Rule change dates and processes for 2010

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'll list the dates and process steps for the 2010 rule changes. From the packet Tony sent out at the beginning of this year. ...

Rule Book Changes: Suggestions for the 2010 rulebook will be accepted from Wednesday July 1st through Thursday October 1st, 2009. Shortly thereafter, a list of the proposed rule changes will be mailed to all members. On or around Sunday, October 18th, 2009 at a location specified in the mailing, a meeting, open to all members, will be held to discuss the proposed rule changes. The members attending this meeting will decide which changes should be presented to the MRA board for approval. Finalized rule changes for the 2010 season should be available by late November 2009. Rule changes should be submitted to the VP of Rules and Tech, or to any rider representative.

So the first date to keep in mind in Thurs, Oct 1st for final change suggestions to be accepted.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
September 28th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Just a reminder that this Thurs, Oct 1, is the last day for 2010 rule change suggestions. After that, I'll summarize the proposals, we'll refine them to make sure I got them right, then send out mail/email/postings for the final proposals.

Seems that novice class restucturing and streetbike classes are going to be the big topics. Likely we'll need to separate out pieces of the suggestions so we can discuss & vote on them in isolation. But we also need to make sure we don't create conflicts or contradictions while doing so.

Should be fun! :-)

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 2nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
<ding> Time's up.

I'll start summarizing the suggestions this weekend. Feel free to continue to discuss the proposed changes, and I'll get to posting some of the others I've received via email.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
October 16th, 2009, 10:15 PM
3131 Walnut St, Denver, CO
(same location as the MRA general meetings)

Date:
Saturday, October 24th 2009

Time:
noon - 5pm sharp
(we need to vacate the room by 5)

Rule change suggestion summary thread:
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9675