PDA

View Full Version : PR for 2010 Season

Wild Cheetah 612
September 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
Now that our hurried and somewhat unorganized frenzy to promote the MRA for the final rounds is over, I would like to put together something more organized and specific for next season. After our late July frenzy, we seemed to blow our PR wad and had little help for the last round. People would ask me, "What's the PR Committee doing for...(fill in the blank activity or issue?)" My response was, "I am the PR Committee and can't be everywhere or drive two hours one way to attend a function on a school night." I implore you to help me out. I can't do this without YOU!

I see our PR mission statement to be something like this (to be refined and reworded at will):

To create a greater visibility of and promote the MRA in order to achieve a larger spectatorship and attract potential new racers. We will create and maintain a more symbiotic relationship with sponsors and members of the motorcycle industry for more beneficial and productive cross marketing.

With this in mind, I would like assistance in these areas:
1) Media Contacts- I want to have a pool of media contacts in print, radio and TV. If you can introduce me to your contacts, I can work on creating a relationship with them and set up opportunities of exposure on (hopefully) regular intervals.

2) Sponsors and Motorcycle Industry- Be able to offer more "bang for their buck" by involving them in the race weekend through booths at the track and cross marketing opportunities. This includes attending bike nights and open houses.

3) Print- Tap into resources to create flyers, schedule cards, banners, posters, etc. to place strategically to incentivize potential spectators and racers to attend races.

If we can achieve these three objectives, we will be well on our way to a more financially stable MRA. This can only happen with a crew of committed people following through on a regular basis.

THANK YOU and feel free to volunteer!