PDA

View Full Version : MRA Fiscal health

DarkKnight
September 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Do we have a handle on the financials of the club yet. Did we get close to breaking even this year or even maybe even better?

T Baggins
September 3rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
still waiting for final numbers from Lisa, but my gut is that we made around $8K at the final round. (totally speculative, please don't hold me to it - unless I'm right and then I'll brag about it for years to come...)

If the above is accurate, that puts us just under $20K in the account to end the season - all of which will immediately be gobbled up in insurance, and track rental deposits for 2010.

DarkKnight
September 3rd, 2009, 03:38 PM
If true, and I hope you are, we didnt finish the year in the red and thats a very good thing.

T Baggins
September 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
I can say with certainty that we made a profit at the last two rounds, and that we aren't in the red headed into the off season. Exactly how "not in the red" we are is yet to be determined.

Shows that when the chips are down, our members show up in force to ensure the continuation of our club and our sport. Hopefully next year we won't have to wait till the chips are down before everyone steps up... :)

phildrummond
September 16th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Did I miss a fiscal health update elsewhere? Are we at $20,000?

Lisa G
September 17th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Hello all... Numbers were discussed at the General meeting on 09-09-09. I will get them posted on here by the end of the weekend.

Lisa G
September 21st, 2009, 08:53 AM
The MRA is currently sitting at $16,000. This is with paying back the loan that we took out to get through rounds 6, 7 and 9 of season 2009. We are working out the details of a year end banquet without taking a financial hit to the club. We are already working with the tracks including HPR, PPIR amd PMI to work out deposits for next year's race season but with the funds that we have in the back this will be fastly absorbed into insurance premiums and track rental deposits. The good news is that we ended the season in the black and as long as memebership is up for the 2010 race season and people show up and race, the club will remain in the black. Please let me know if you have any addtional questions.