PDA

View Full Version : Last Race of the Season???

jprider
August 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Need some help! I just took the MRA racing school and I would like to race in the last season. Looked in the MRA web site and I see that I have to apply for a membership application and a competition license. Do I need to in fact pay full price for just one race? Any help anyone could give would be appreciated…really want to race. :?:

Mforza
August 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
You just need temporary licence for one race weekend :)
Contact any rider rep. They will help you with that.

racedk6
August 22nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
I think they are waving this fee for the last race but I am not 100% positive

rybo
August 22nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Grubbs,

My understanding is that the MRA is waiving fees for reciprocity licenses, which means someone has a race license with another club ( WERA, AHRMA, CCS etc ).

Those who have just completed a race school and DO NOT have any license at all will have to get a day license.

from section 3.2 of the rulebook:

c. Any non-MRA licensed rider entered in any race will be required to purchase a “One Day” license for a fee of $35.

This should help with the crew that just finished up at Pueblo last week and wants to come racing.

Hope that helps

Scott

racedk6
August 22nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Grubbs,

My understanding is that the MRA is waiving fees for reciprocity licenses, which means someone has a race license with another club ( WERA, AHRMA, CCS etc ).

Those who have just completed a race school and DO NOT have any license at all will have to get a day license.

c. Any non-MRA licensed rider entered in any race will be required to purchase a “One Day” license for a fee of $35.

This should help with the crew that just finished up at Pueblo last week and wants to come racing.

Hope that helps

Scott

Cool thanks for clarifing that Scott 8)

snay
August 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Grubbs,

Hope that helps

Scott That is what i got from jen its posted on the usba and wera forums

jprider
August 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks all for the info...I will get right on it.

N1K
August 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
Good for you Jon. See ya on the grid bro.

T Baggins
August 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The rulebook is wrong (is that possible??)

It's been $50 for a one-weekend license for the last 6 years.

rybo
August 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM
The rulebook is wrong (is that possible??)

It's been $50 for a one-weekend license for the last 6 years.

Well, we all know that Jim is a major slacker when it comes to the rulebook.

J/K Jim - thanks for the correction Tony.

Scott