PDA

View Full Version : GPM Bike Night this Wed at Bostons Pizza, need Race Bikes!

JimWilson29
August 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~jimwilson7020/BikeNight/09BostonBikeNightAug19th.gif

Bikini Bike Wash featuring Tiffany Vega-
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/lowlifes69/trph.jpg

Wild Cheetah 612
August 18th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Who can be there with bikes and and pass out flyers?
C'mon, guys! We're not out fo the financial woods yet and need to light the PR fire!

eklew
August 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Jenn and I will be there with our bikes to support the MRA!!!

Vanmar Racing
August 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Mark will be there with his bike and wearing his favorite sparkly thong for the Bikini Bike Wash!

PremiumBlend
August 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I'll be there with my bike with a big FOR SALE sign on it. :)

Wild Cheetah 612
August 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Damn! I used to have a body like that (without the large breasts). Sucks gettin' old!

PremiumBlend
August 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Where was everyone tonight? Not much of an MRA presence if you ask me...

Vanmar Racing
August 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM
The MRA people that CAME to bike nite:

Mark Schellinger
Tammy Schellinger
Katie Schellinger
Jim Wilson
Jen Hom
Elden Lew
Dave Hetzler
Joe Logalbo
Steve Grubbs
Terry Romanechi (sp?)
Chad Raskin
Shannon and Segren Moham and little Denver
Sam Weinstock
Aaron Allina
Russ Ullrich (past member)
Jonathan Kuo
Neil Watkins

Thanks to all of the MRA folks that came to Bike Night and represented the MRA!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

PremiumBlend
August 19th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I should have said not much of a presence...

racedk6
August 20th, 2009, 12:44 AM
The MRA people that CAME to bike nite:

Mark Schellinger
Tammy Schellinger
Katie Schellinger
Jim Wilson
Jen Hom
Elden Lew
Dave Hetzler
Joe Logalbo
Steve Grubbs
Terry Romanechi (sp?)
Chad Raskin
Shannon and Segren Moham and little Denver
Sam Weinstock
Aaron Allina
Russ Ullrich (past member)
Jonathan Kuo
Neil Watkins
Pete Tabor

Thanks to all of the MRA folks that came to Bike Night and represented the MRA!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Added one that i know of :wink:

Funny thing is that is alot of MRA people compared to the start of the year!

peteyt328
August 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
haha, you forgot me again Tammy :(

Thanks Grubbs!

Jon
August 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks again to all the effort Jim Wilson puts into promoting the club as well as manning the airfence. We should give him a round of applause as well thank him personally as he does it all for free for no compensation and really puts time in. Really apologize for my absence but today was my boys first day of school and now I can relax a bit. Thanks again Jim and I hope those of you were there gave lots of flyers out as it really did make a difference

JimWilson29
August 20th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks Jon!

Pics from last night- http://s321.photobucket.com/albums/nn373/UglyDogRacing/BikeNight/2009_0819/

PremiumBlend
August 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Was the MRA not allowed to have a pop up with a table in place somewhere?

racedk6
August 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Was the MRA not allowed to have a pop up with a table in place somewhere?

The MRA didnt bring an easy up or a table.

JimWilson29
August 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately the MRA truck and booth were not present and the showing of race bikes was slim. The event itself still had 300 show up and was a big success. Some MRA members, like Terri Romaneschi, did step up and spend much of the evening handing out the 2 for 1 flyers. Big thanks to Elden Lew, Jen Hom, Steve "Ren" Grubbs, and Mark Schellinger for bringing their bikes to be displayed.

racedk6
August 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately the MRA truck and booth were not present and the showing of race bikes was slim. The event itself still had 300 show up and was a big success. Some MRA members, like Terri Romaneschi, did step up and spend much of the evening handing out the 2 for 1 flyers. Big thanks to Elden Lew, Jen Hom, Steve "tough guy" Grubbs, and Mark Schellinger for bringing their bikes to be displayed.

Fixed for ya Jim :wink:

PremiumBlend
August 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I guess the MRA enjoys the negative side of the balance sheet. Oh well....

froth
August 21st, 2009, 09:45 PM
Would have loved to make it, but the 14 hour day rather precluded it :cry: Of course, it did help pay for the next race weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to make one, it looks like fun.

racedk6
August 21st, 2009, 11:49 PM

Dude what have you contributed besides ideas?

Are you out there racing with me every race weekend?

Where you at bike night talking up the MRA or did you just bring your bike out to try and make some money?

Everytime I saw you, you were standing with your girl doing nothing.

Dude sorry to come off as a dick, but 90% of your posts are compaining about something. There is nothing proactive about that.

NossLou
August 22nd, 2009, 12:27 AM

Where you at bike night talking up the MRA or did you just bring your bike out to try and make some money?

Dude sorry to come off as a dick, but 90% of your posts are compaining about something. There is nothing proactive about that.

Second that!

DOUBLE A
August 22nd, 2009, 12:40 AM
dude I got a baby that keeps me up all kinds.....I have an old barely running Honda CBR 1000rr that kicks some ass for it's old ass, and it's half way nuthouse pilot, more bills than I have money, and I am still at every fukkin race, and as many bike nights as I can fit! I am not sorry if family emergencys and such keeps me from being AK#1 mutha for every bike night, but when I come I make a presence known, and I get street dudes to show up 2 races, and I also say dumb shit at mra meetings but hey, I am not alone here, we got broken bikes, some have broken bones, and to race every race we need time for fixing shit, and working full time.....WTF??? Stop bitchin' and have a shot of 120 octane with brownie, & earn your man card back!!!

peteyt328
August 22nd, 2009, 08:35 AM

word! Why are you so negative man? We are all giving it the best we got and helping out where we can, and you're just $hitting on everyones ideas and efforts. Maybe you think your negativity will encourage ppl to try harder, but its really just pissing everyone off... try being supportive instead maybe.

PremiumBlend
August 22nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'm not for 1 second saying people aren't stepping up, because obviously there are a lot of people who are. But there are also A LOT of people who should be stepping up and they are not. And you are right, I have contributed nill compared to many... but every idea I try and come up with gets shot down. (Besides the garage sale, but working 60-70 even 80 hours during paving season doesn't give me time to do much anymore)

And even though I was out there with my bike trying to make "money" I talked to about a dozen people about the MRA. I invited a bunch of guys out to come check it out, and only about 7 showed up... and they all asked me who I should talk to about MRA and quite honestly, I recognized 2 people. I don't know many of you by face, just by your forum name.

The reason I am negative about this is because the MRA is still IN the negative and here was another HUGE opportunity to go all out nuts and do everything possible to get the word out about the MRA and the FINAL race weekend. Where was the pop up? Where was the MRA Truck? I would think a bike night of this size would probably become hands down, a priority for the MRA to get back on their feet. Maybe I'm the one with my priorities messed up, but with the amount of exposure the MRA did get vs. what more could have been done was leaps and bounds.

Finally, for all of those that were there that I didn't see because I don't know you... I am not for 1 second taking anything away from any of you. Especially for the continual efforts you have given, compared to me where I'm just beginning.

So if I came off as a dickhead to some, I apologize but if my roots do not run nearly as deep as many of yours and I'm upset about the turn out and effort by "some" (not all) then why aren't you as disappointed as I am?

racedk6
August 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not for 1 second saying people aren't stepping up, because obviously there are a lot of people who are. But there are also A LOT of people who should be stepping up and they are not. And you are right, I have contributed nill compared to many... but every idea I try and come up with gets shot down. (Besides the garage sale, but working 60-70 even 80 hours during paving season doesn't give me time to do much anymore)
And even though I was out there with my bike trying to make "money" I talked to about a dozen people about the MRA. I invited a bunch of guys out to come check it out, and only about 7 showed up... and they all asked me who I should talk to about MRA and quite honestly, I recognized 2 people. I don't know many of you by face, just by your forum name.

The reason I am negative about this is because the MRA is still IN the negative and here was another HUGE opportunity to go all out nuts and do everything possible to get the word out about the MRA and the FINAL race weekend. Where was the pop up? Where was the MRA Truck? I would think a bike night of this size would probably become hands down, a priority for the MRA to get back on their feet. Maybe I'm the one with my priorities messed up, but with the amount of exposure the MRA did get vs. what more could have been done was leaps and bounds.

Finally, for all of those that were there that I didn't see because I don't know you... I am not for 1 second taking anything away from any of you. Especially for the continual efforts you have given, compared to me where I'm just beginning.

So if I came off as a dickhead to some, I apologize but if my roots do not run nearly as deep as many of yours and I'm upset about the turn out and effort by "some" (not all) then why aren't you as disappointed as I am?

You are not the only one that works alot of hours. Alot of the board memebers and racers have jobs that take up alot of their time. Alot of members also live quite a ways away. I know you live in the springs or whatever, but alot of these racers are moms and dads. With alot of schools starting this week it is hard for them to do anything else.

If you looked at the last race, they kept track of where people heard about the MRA races. Alot of them found out by word of mouth. There were only about 10 or so that found out from bike nights. We go out there and talk about racing and our club to everybody we can. But for the most part people go to bike night for the free stuff.

As for your ideas getting shot down, from what I recall alot of them were focused around you and your time schedule with work. Racing doesnt just magically fit into everybodys schedule or lifestyle, we make it fit and find the time and the money. Yes getting new racers like yourself out there is what we need most but we cant restructure the whole club, because 5 novices cant find the time to race.

PremiumBlend
August 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
I sympathize with those that work the long hours and have families, sometimes you just cannot get around what life throws at you. With only 1 remaining race I was surprised that the MRA didn't go all out at this bike night and pull out all of the stops for the remainder of the season.

Being so new, the 2 main ideas I had that were shot down was a stunt show and bringing out a wheelie machine. If you are unsure of what a wheelie machine is they look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODLmg3fk6w

I have one sitting in my garage right now that is about 80% complete, I wanted to bring it to every bike night and race event but unfortunately bringing it to a race weekend is out of the question until I pull an insurance policy for it. I wanted to bring it to the bike night on Wednesday but I ran short on funds when finishing the dyno portion of it, this is part of the reason why I'm selling my bike to make some money so I can finish this project. Proceeds from this little toy of mine were going to be donated to the MRA whenever I have it at any event that the MRA is affiliated with. Hopefully I can sell my bike soon so I can finish this project and get it on the road.

So as far as my ideas being focused around me, I think you are EXTREMELY upside down on that one dude. I know I'm new around here, and I don't have nearly the seat time as many of you but I bring to the table drive, ambition, and ideas that can take off. I have a degree from CSU in Economics so I have a background in economic analysis and econometrics. I guess my ideas are a bit over ambitious at this point and what I see as mediocre some may see differently. Again, if I came off as a complete dickhead.... I apologize but I want to see the MRA succeed and do well so when opportunities are present (however they may come) we need to take it to the max until financially the MRA is much more stable.

racedk6
August 22nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
I know a wheelie machine is cool for the guys that want to learn how to wheelie. But I think they are horrible ideas. All one of those is gonna do is make some new kid to riding wanna go out and do that stuff on the street. It is most likely a great way to make some money and what not but I think in the long run all its gonna do is end up getting some poor kid hurt. But this is IMO.

I have heard some of your ideas and when I did hear them I got the impression that they we thought up around the fact you dont have the time or funds to come out and race. I applaud your enthusiasm towards making things better, but you can also make time to take the race school and get out on the track like the rest of us. That again is what matters the most. We have alot of licensed racers and the problem is they are not coming out and racing. They are the biggest and most of the time the most reliable source of income to the club. With it being the last race I think it is more important to get those guys out there and racing. Yes spectators make a difference but when you get $5 a head for them or cose to $200 for a racer what one do you think the club needs the most?

PremiumBlend
August 22nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
I won't get into the potential profits the Wheelie Machine can (and will) generate, but what I will get into is how the Wheelie Machines, Stunt Shows, Swap Meets and any other ideas others may have brings a different dynamic to each event. Having a race weekend that is strictly a race weekend is boring (when you are not racing) or sometimes even if you are. As I said, I'm ambitious envision each race weekend almost like a mini AMA event with something different to do each weekend.

I mean, my ideas even stretch as far as having remote cameras at HPR so we can put a large projection screen at the front straight so you don't miss the action. (I have a friend who specializes in this and would LOVE to work it out with the MRA)

And the biggest reason I never got my license and raced this season is because I don't want to be like the others with a race license in their back pocket but never use it. Next season will be a different story, I will try to make every single race but this season just isn't panning out for me especially with my current work schedule and still building my house. I hate to say it, but this season I'm an XBox360 racer and I HATE IT!!! I want to be out there with you guys this season but there is just no way possible for me.

So long and short, I re-read the crap I typed earlier and you guys are right... it wasn't constructive or productive in any way, but I was just frustrated and vented. Even though I am new, I hope this sets the record a little straighter that I do have high expectations and really want to see the MRA take it to the next level for next season. And the parties on Saturday nights are a wicked sweet start! I can bring the keg setup anytime! :)

Desmodromico
August 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
The good thing about this thread is there is lots of passion and energy, hopefully we can all channel it into positive things moving forward.

I was out of pocket Wednesday but I have been working like a madman to fix my bike in time for this weekend so I suppose that is the more important thing.

Best thing to focus on this week is getting the 62 racers entered up to over 100, plenty of time in the offseason to discuss the other ideas and get some momentum built for next year.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
August 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM
After reading 2 pages of this I feel bad for not putting more into this club. I have not stepped up and helped out enough to push the MRA. I do how ever thank all the people who do have the time to help our club stand tall. With all the Military has me doing, time is what I lack. I will be there this weekend and would like to pass out flyer for the race on FT Carson if someone could email them to me(user name). Thank you all for what you have done for this club.