PDA

View Full Version : First Wave

jdub
August 13th, 2009, 05:58 PM
How many championship points does it take to get me into the first wave?

racedk6
August 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM
It depends on how many people in front of you have more points.

I think the first wave is 6 or 7 rows. So I think if you are in the top 18 or 21 in points then you should be first wave.

chrobis
August 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM
jdub -

If you are a novice looking at next season, then first remember that the top 10 finishers of both NGTU and NGTO will be forced to go expert. Right now there are 12 people that would be affected by that.

So if you were 30th at the end of the season, and the same 12 people placed top 10 in either NGTU or NGTO, and everyone in front of you enters Race #1 of 2010 before the Wednesday before the first race, then you will complete the last row of the first wave.

But wait, it gets better. There will be some late entrants, who will go behind all of the early registrants regardless of their point totals. Finally, (and sadly), I've been told that our annual dropout rate is about 30%, which would mean that if you finished the season in 40th place or so, there is a pretty good chance that you will start 2010 in the first wave.

This goes for both NGTU and NGTO, providing that you make the 'prior Wednesday' registration cutoff.

If you are looking at AMU or AMO, any experts in the top five are excluded from competing in the future. This would mean that a top 33 finish may be all you need.

No one is forced out of solo endurance (I don't think), or any of the expert classes, but those grids aren't usually big enough for two waves.

marty
August 13th, 2009, 11:39 PM
and remember to complete your novice hours or you won't bump up (at least that is what i understand) and if you are not in the top 10, you will not be able to keep your points for the placement in the first race next year

Wild Cheetah 612
August 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
If you don't complete your novice hours and are in the top 10, you lose all your points and don't get acknowledged for finishing in the top 10, but still get bumped up to expert. So no sandbagging just to stay a novice.