PDA

View Full Version : PR For Final Round August 29 & 30-Updated 8/20

Wild Cheetah 612
July 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
You guys did a FABULOUS job with PR for our last race! I am enormously proud of and grateful to everyone who participated! We have one more race to go and we want to make it a big BLOWOUT CELEBRATION! I invite everyone to make our last race a huge success and set the club in the right direction financially to prepare for next season by jumping in an doing what you can! POST UP WITH WHAT YOU CAN DO IN ANY OF THESE CATEGORIES

Vickery Bike Night at Caldonia's August 13
See thread: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=9249
Who'll be there?

Media- TV, Radio, Print
Let's keep moving in the same direction. Spectators were polled at the gate where they heard of the races and word of mouth and KBPI were our strongest attractors.

Bike Nights/Meet and Greets at Shops

Booths at the MRA Races
Invite businesses to set up a booth and promote their at the track in a prime location. Get your local businesses to come out. Please notify me who you round up sol I can make sure we have enough space for everyone.
Who's coming:
University of Phoenix
Toyota

Organize Rides to the track on Race Day
Get your buddies together and ride to the track! Remember, this cannot be done as being promoted or sponsored by the MRA due to liability issues

Talk up the August 29-30 Races on Your Forums and Social Networks
Easy enough. Just sit, chill, and gab on your computer to anyone and everyone about coming to the races.

Make Phone Calls to Your MRA Racer Friends to make sure they Show Up!
This will have the most impact financially!!

JimWilson29
July 30th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Since, according to this post, the 2 for 1 flyers that were printed and distributed by the members over the past couple weeks were not a factor in the turnout this past weekend, should we still be using them?

T Baggins
July 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Since, according to this post, the 2 for 1 flyers that were printed and distributed by the members over the past couple weeks were not a factor in the turnout this past weekend, should we still be using them?

Actually it worked out like this, measured by the carload (average 2.5 people per car):

Vickery Motorsports - 6
Fox - 10
KBPI -25
Fay Myers - 6
Bostons Bike Night - 5
Flyer undisclosed origin - 41
Friends and Family - 103
Ducati Monster Forum - 1
Website - 22
Starbucks - 1
9 News - 7
Grand Prix Newsletter - 8
Sport bike Club - 4
Rky Mtn Kawaski - 3
Walnut Room - 1
IMI - 1

There were a total of 65 flyers that were turned in at the gate - which accounts for approximately 180 paid spectators. I think the specific locations listed, as well as the "friends and family" INCLUDES that they got a flyer in hand to go with. We had a TOTAL of 616 paid gate entries - which doesn't include kids 12 & under. I'd say our total spectators for the weekend closer to 800, which is awesome!

If nothing else, the flyers give something to "take home" and stick on the fridge as a reminder.

JimWilson29
July 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM
so you want the flyers at Caldonia's this evening?

Wild Cheetah 612
July 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Yea

chrobis
July 31st, 2009, 11:43 AM
I don't see Performance Cycle listed as a 'source'. If there are more flyers available I'd be happy to go down and talk to them.

snay
August 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
I will post on the USBA Forum for our last round at HPR. Are we still offering the same deal as round 7, AMA card and current license, don't need mra card

N1K
August 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
I need some flyer's to hand out and post up. Where can I get some ??

JimWilson29
August 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
updated flyer-

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn373/UglyDogRacing/MRA/MRAFlyer_2009_2For1_revised.jpg

Wild Cheetah 612
August 3rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
I will post on the USBA Forum for our last round at HPR. Are we still offering the same deal as round 7, AMA card and current license, don't need mra card
Yes!

We need more people on this for other race club forums! Anyone?

TerriRomaneschi
August 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Ryan just hosted a Vickery bike night at Caldonia's - pretty fun. And there is a bike night this Wednesday at Bostons. Last time, Brownie and Brewer, Ray Ray, Lisa, Jon and Tony were there (amongs many others). It's an absolute blast. You should come and try to talk it up with the ladies or others if you can Donna. You guys' presence helps a ton.

Jen and I also chatted up quite a few people at our CSC BBQ on Sunday. Going to have some more supporters coming to the last race. While some of this only helps a little for this year, it will help more for next year. I already know of at least 3 more people who plan on Racing next year. So IMO, these efforts are paying off. You just have to get involved with talking to people.

mgarvey661
August 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
A few years ago Taste of Philly used to give out free cheesesteaks at the last race of the season out at Second Creek. I've been thinking about doing it again this year. I talked to Glen and he said that I couldn't sell cheesesteaks out at HPR because Mo has an exclusive, but if we were accepting donations for our cheesesteaks, then maybe we could raise some money for the club, and you could get some great food. Let me know your thoughts, especially you Glen.

Thanks, Martin..

oh yeah, and if anyone is selling an '06 or newer R6, I'll pay you in FREE cheesesteaks for LIFE... you do the math! (I also can pay in "real" money if that's more your thing).

T Baggins
August 10th, 2009, 11:18 AM
A few years ago Taste of Philly used to give out free cheesesteaks at the last race of the season out at Second Creek. I've been thinking about doing it again this year. I talked to Glen and he said that I couldn't sell cheesesteaks out at HPR because Mo has an exclusive, but if we were accepting donations for our cheesesteaks, then maybe we could raise some money for the club, and you could get some great food. Let me know your thoughts, especially you Glen.

Thanks, Martin..

Hey Martin,

I spoke with Glenn this morning, and it really creates an issue to even "give" away food during the hours that Mo is open for business. It's his livelihood... and he's only able to vend out there on weekends... Consider the impact if he set up shop next to your philly store and gave away food during the lunch hour. :)

Our suggestion would be to have them available for the big party Saturday night instead, and I love the idea of taking "donations" for them to raise money for the club.

TRK
August 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM
party? :shock:

T Baggins
August 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM

yeah, we party every Saturday night at the track. You'd already know this if you didn't spend all your time replacing motors, etc... :lol:

snay
August 10th, 2009, 04:10 PM

yeah, we party every Saturday night at the track. You'd already know this if you didn't spend all your time replacing motors, etc... :lol: ROCK BAND,BEER,UMBRELLA CHICKS WHATS THE PLAN TONY?????

T Baggins
August 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Snay, everything you posted and MORE!!!

snay
August 10th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Snay, everything you posted and MORE!!!Kirstin is excited for the beer and hot umbrella chicks!!

CO750
August 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I posted this on the PR thread for the last round, but it was way at the bottom so I don't know if anyone really saw it. It won't technically help for this year, but could be good for next season.

"This won't help this year, but could help for next year. On Sept. 12th we are doing a car and motorcycle show to benefit the Children's Miracle Network. All money raised will benefit the local affiliate, which is the Childrens Hospital in Denver.
I usually enter my race bike, when it is looking decent, just to support the charity and increase awareness. This year we are allowing businesses to sponsor the event in exchange for advertising and a booth space to sell or promote their services.

I will donate the $100 for the MRA which will get the logo on the event t-shirts and fliers. If a few folks would like to come and set up a canopy and pass out some info, maybe have some pictures to show off, and talk racing with some people. If there is a banner with the MRA logo on it we can hang that as well.
Then if anyone would like to enter there race bike in the event, we could set up a mock pit row if enough racers brought there bikes. Entry fees are $20 and I would be willing to cover those if it would get some more bikes out.

This would be a great opportunity to build some interest for people to try out racing next year or at least come to a few races to watch. There is a large number of what I would classify as "casual riders" around here that could be targeted to become more involved.
I just need to know if someone is willing to set up and man a canopy and bring some pictures and info. If somebody can commit to doing that, I will pay the donation and get all the info submitted."

mgarvey661
August 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I've got no problem doing the party on Saturday night. I certainly don't want to take money out of anyone's pocket. In the past, when I was racing, we always had a party on Sunday night, but if it goes down on Saturday nights now, then that's good with me.

T Baggins
August 11th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I've got no problem doing the party on Saturday night. I certainly don't want to take money out of anyone's pocket. In the past, when I was racing, we always had a party on Sunday night, but if it goes down on Saturday nights now, then that's good with me.

That's awesome, thanks for kicking down some grub! I can still remember the taste from way back in the day...

Everyone pulls out pretty quickly after the raceday on Sunday, and with so many people staying at the track now it's always a good time on Saturday night!

We'll have a bonfire, music (ipod, not live this time), byob, bench racing, etc... If anyone is willing to bring a keg again, we'd be delighted to help consume it.

chrobis
August 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM
FWIW, I just dropped off some flyers at Performance Cycle on South Broadway in Denver.

JimWilson29
August 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
What does the PR Committee have planned for Bostons Bike Night tomorrow night?

Wild Cheetah 612
August 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hopefully, getting people to show up with bikes at pass out flyers. I'll make a separate post

elvis8310@hotmail.com
August 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Can I get the flyer emailed to me so I can hand it out on Post to get some of the Military guys out there? Email address is my user name.

longrider
August 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Can I get the flyer emailed to me so I can hand it out on Post to get some of the Military guys out there? Email address is my user name.

The JPEG is in your email

elvis8310@hotmail.com
August 25th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks,
go it, printed it, already passing them out to bikers.

NossLou
August 25th, 2009, 07:28 PM

That's awesome, thanks for kicking down some grub! I can still remember the taste from way back in the day...

Everyone pulls out pretty quickly after the raceday on Sunday, and with so many people staying at the track now it's always a good time on Saturday night!

We'll have a bonfire, music (ipod, not live this time), byob, bench racing, etc... If anyone is willing to bring a keg again, we'd be delighted to help consume it.

I'll be bringing one to share and hope there will be a second...not sure what beer to get though....I'm not a money bags dude so no 100 dollar kegs :shock:

PremiumBlend
August 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Tipsy's on C470 and Bowles, and Liquor Depot on Hampden and I believe Knox (Same exit as Mullen High School) on the North side of Hampden have great deals on Kegs. Just an FYI.

NossLou
August 25th, 2009, 11:54 PM
thanks man I'll take that into consideration..... seems to me Boulder always has the cheapest prices and I'll be up there thursday morning as well....

ANYYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO GET!!!!

I'm a dark beer person but most aren't

marty
August 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM
ANYYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO GET!!!!

I'm a dark beer person but most aren't

i would say one keg should be domestic light beer and if you want a second dark beer for a decent price, go with killians or amber bock. both are less expensive and a decent middle of the road dark beer

NossLou
August 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sounds good I have to figure out what the other keg will be as well.... I'm only bringing one and if I remember correctly a fellow was bringing a second(maybe Casey?)

For now I'll just plan on bringing the dark one

Wild Cheetah 612
August 26th, 2009, 06:39 PM
My vote's for Fat Tire