PDA

View Full Version : The Overpowered 1125r wins again against 600's. Please....

JohnGarc
July 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
To start with,the Buell is claiming 146hp at the crank stock.Most bike lose 10-12% in transfer so that equates to 128 to 131 rear wheel HP. With modifications allowed under the rules,its not unreasonable to think that the Buell is pushing 140-145 hp.I have seen hundreds of stock 600's dynoed and all of them come in under 110 at the rear wheel.With modifications allowed,the 600's are pushing 118-120 hp.The Buell has close to twice the torque and a 15-20 hp advantage.Here is the kicker and im not sure why some of you so called race fans have not picked up on the fact that right before Daytona,DMG allowed the Buell and only the Buell a weight exception and a wheel exception and a final drive exception and a connecting rod exception and a suspension replacement exception.Why was Buell the only twin that was allowed to lower their weight to the same as the 600's.Why was Buell allowed full Showa suspension when the rules explicitly stated that internals were the only allowable change from stock.Why were connecting rods from Buell Racing allowed when everyone else has to use stock engine internals. The answer to all those whys is obvious.The Buell is a lunking POS that has to have special considerations to perform with something half its displacement and thousands of dollars cheaper . The Buell is basically a prototype race bike running against stock 600's with a pipe and a good tune.That must make Eric Buell and his customers awfully proud.Winning like this is like entering you perfectly healthy child in the Special Olympics so he can be a winner.Personally,if i were Buell owner,i would be humiliated.

dave.gallant
July 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
It is no longer racing.

It is a reality show.

(Just ask Al Ludington)

glenngsxr
July 30th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Because they are allowed to make up their own rules on the fly. It's DMG and they do what they want. Glenn #62

cactusjack
July 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Whateva...I'll Do What I Want!

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/310/310_urked_cartman.gif

nwatkins176
July 30th, 2009, 08:37 AM
What is this DMG / AMA racing you are talking about? I have never heard of it... I thought the only racing this year was WSBK and possibly some Moto GP. DMG??????

Okay enough scarcasm, in business when something works you benchmark and copy it. Very common strategy. If DMG can't figure out rules that work, why not grab a photo copier and copy WSBK, which has managed to be very successful. I use to watch AMA racing all the time, but now I can't even figure out what bikes are racing what, and I am a racer. How can the general public figure it out?

DMG take WSBK rules use Dunlop as the tire and watch our American Series explode.

JimWilson29
July 30th, 2009, 09:11 AM
http://superbikeplanet.com/image/2009/us-superbike/middleohio/2/9z.jpg

gsnyder828
July 30th, 2009, 10:10 AM
This thread is just more evidence that most racers are change-phobic... :roll:

The same folks (in general) that are tearing up DMG were deriding WSBK as "the Ducati Cup" and "neutered racing" when they took a risk and went to the spec tire. Also the same group that thought 4 strokes were the end of GPs.

Well those turned out OK...

I don't know what races you guys were watching - but I thought the ASB and DSB races @ Mid Ohio were some of the best domestic races I'd seen in a long time.

You guys should stop reading superbikeplanet so much. 00--00

benfoxmra95
July 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
You guys should stop reading superbikeplanet so much. 00--00

agreed!

JimWilson29
July 30th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I only go to superbikeplanet so that I can read Ben's emails to Dean Adams. http://smiliesftw.com/x/biggthumpup.gif

JohnGarc
July 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM
hahaha

benfoxmra95
July 30th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Lol

I have too much free time and it's starting to show a little.

benfoxmra95
July 30th, 2009, 06:47 PM
It was funny because I think I was the first person to email him because I sent him that email about ten mins after his initial posting of his over opinionated reports about the buell.

Then I think he was then hit with a bunch more emails About it and the following day he started posting them. I never sent that in expecting it to be public. Plus I never signed it with my web site address, I just signed it "ben" but he added my full name and web site on his own accord.

All I know is there's one more extra race team in the pits that's employing guys that wouldn't have had a job this year. So i don't really give a crap what kind of bike it is or if it may not fit into that class or not. There's been plenty if races that eslick has gotten his ass handed to him so HP isn't everything. That thing is alot heavier than a 600 too.

And like it or not they are selling those bikes to people in the US and there's Americans that are getting paid to build them. And there's American mechanics at Harley dealerships getting paid to work on them. And it just keeps trickling down.

JohnGarc
July 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Wait, huh?

benfoxmra95
July 31st, 2009, 02:01 AM
Wait, huh?

my opinion. Sorry.

If you feel that strongly against the buell. Then at the last race tell Shane Turpin to turn back in his buell to his sponsor and stop racing a 1125cc bike in a 750cc class. Special provisions were made this year by the Mra so that exact bike could race in heavyweight. If it's truly a horsepower monster then stick it in open superbike and see what happens.

I clearly remember a few ducatis beating that buell this season. And I gurantee you If the thing was a higher powered lighter machine than what it is Shane wouldn't have been beat.

snay
August 5th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Dam ben why did you have to drop the S.T bomb it stopped all the fun 00--00

phildrummond
August 5th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I was reading more about the numbers, too. Buell is what, 50 lbs heavier? 20-30 HP more than a 600 but isn't torque in the 70s v. 50s for the 600s?

I look at it this way - if it dominated every AMA race, then it's one thing. If it provides a close race/series, that's another. I've seen Shane win on his plenty of times, but that's Shane being Shane. He could likely do what he does on a Zuma.

But what do I know? Comcast dropped the damn Speed Channel in my downtown area so I can't even sit and watch a race with a bag of Cheetos. Golf Channel? Yeah, I got that one. I can look at all the grass I can stand, 24/7. Racing, not so much.

rforsythe
August 5th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I've seen Shane win on his plenty of times, but that's Shane being Shane. He could likely do what he does on a Zuma.

Actually Shane rode in the R2SL scooter race last year at Miller and lost to another team. Of course the fact that we made him race on two teams at the same time just to level the playing field might have had something to do with it, but I'm just sayin... :lol:

Bueller999
August 9th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Personally,if i were Buell owner,i would be humiliated.

:wink: :roll: (\00\)