PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Viewing areas at HPR

glenngsxr
July 28th, 2009, 08:43 AM
This is a question for Glenn Conser mainly. Was there plans for maybe a crossover or some point where fans could get to watch other parts of the track? I know the economy has put a damper on things, but was just curious to see if this was ever planned. I heard more than one person say something like, "I wish I could go watch the other half of the race over there." Glenn #62

kcecil
July 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
In the same vien, my "pit crew" who used to spectate at Sears Point and Laguna Seca quite often made a suggestion. He suggests putting in a bike/walking trail around the perimeter (at least on the north and west sides) of the track so spectators can walk out to additional viewing areas (at a safe distance, or course).

Maybe also sink some anchor points into the ground at good spectating locations so the individual clubs can set up easy-ups for the spectators at those locations, or something like that.

racedk6
July 28th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I the samething to myself earlier this year. It would be awesome to be able to watch from the west side of the track!

N1K
July 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
lol Yo slow down there bro use your words.lol No plus 1 this is a really good idea. There's so much of the really good parts of the track there missing.