PDA

View Full Version : pretty cool live video feed

cromer611
July 28th, 2009, 02:07 AM
saw this on the CSC forums
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33918

maybe a good thing to look into. im sure if we let all the clubs pitch in enough dough to buy a system for HPR it wouldnt be that much.
Then everyone from every club could watch live feed video from corners not seen from the pits turn 6,7, 9-12.

would be awesome.

zedx6rroadracer
July 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Im up to donateto that cause. i love it cause now we can see decent video of us.

longrider
July 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
It's a great idea, but remember the ongoing costs for the internet connection. Even if a cell company has data coverage out there it would still be $40 - $50 a month.

rforsythe
July 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah, it would be cool. But I also have to agree with the CSC post that running water (even a spigot in the ground) and toilets that don't capsize with the weekly eastern CO weather events would be pretty awesome too.

Also Paul is right, sort of. To stream several corners worth of video to the Internet from there will take some form of high speed connection, but probably more than what $40-50/mo of wireless broadband will get you.

longrider
July 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Ralph, I totally agree. I was just giving the bare minimum, you would probably have to use security camera level resolution and frame rate to successfully stream it on a wireless broadband connection (if its even available, I know Sprint has no service there, I cant even roam) Satellite internet would be even worse on the upstream side not to mention more expensive.

What is the holdup on running water? Is it the expense or is it water rights?

T Baggins
July 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
What is the holdup on running water? Is it the expense or is it water rights?

Expensive. There's a well on the property, but it's a long way from the paddock. To run the line, put in a septic and leach field, etc, etc, etc... is a bunch of money.

Wild Cheetah 612
July 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
We bought an RV to solve the running water problem. Yes, it hurt financially, but there's some great deals on Craigs List