PDA

View Full Version : Parade lap.

jbrowning
July 27th, 2009, 12:16 PM
How was the turn out for the Parade Lap on Sunday? I heard alot of bikes at lunch.

Jim

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
How was the turn out for the Parade Lap on Sunday?
Just as a quick estimate, I think we had about 45 paid folks on the parade lap. Some people paid more than $10 as a donation. :-)

jbrowning
July 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
[quote="Jim 'smooth' BrewerJust as a quick estimate, I think we had about 45 paid folks on the parade lap. Some people paid more than $10 as a donation. :-)[/quote]

So it sounds like that worked out well. Of course more would be better.

Jim

dirkterrell
July 27th, 2009, 12:55 PM
So it sounds like that worked out well. Of course more would be better.

Jim

I did it so Susan would go out and try it on her CBR. She was a bit skittish about it beforehand. But I led her around for a couple of laps and then she went by me looking like she was ready to rip it up. :lol: She was really bummed when we came off because she didn't think we had done three laps and had one more to go. She thought it was a blast, so we might have another LOR rider next year. :D This was a great idea and I hope we do it again.

Dirk

jbrowning
July 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I did it so Susan would go out and try it on her CBR. She was a bit skittish about it beforehand. But I led her around for a couple of laps and then she went by me looking like she was ready to rip it up. :lol: She was really bummed when we came off because she didn't think we had done three laps and had one more to go. She thought it was a blast, so we might have another LOR rider next year. :D This was a great idea and I hope we do it again.

Dirk

So it sounds like the Parade lap did what it was supposed to do (get more people interested in racing).

Jim

glenngsxr
July 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I counted 37 bikes and 2 cars. Many bikes and cars had multiple people. I was blown away when I came around the corner and saw the field of people waiting to go out. Glenn #62

PremiumBlend
July 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Getting these riders on the track is key. I'm glad it worked out well and everyone enjoyed themselves. Great job guys!