PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Cornerworkers(aka Track Angels)

froth
July 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
WOW! It was the very first race that my lovely wife (Teri) and I got to be on the track at the same time.
Colorado Class(me and the gang) roared off into the East, and Sportsman got ready. Unfortunately, Teri's hand slipped off the clutch at the start(she has small hands, we should be looking for kid's gloves, I guess), and Mighty Thundarr reared his shaggy head, and dumped my wife off, then fell on her leg(want to hear the beating that SV will be getting....blow torch, etching fluid, then I get UGLY).
As is (wonderfully) usual, you all came to the rescue. Teri said she wasn't even standing up, and you were there.(She is somewhat miffed that she didn't get ride by Bob) You had her and the bike cleaned up before me and the Great Pumpkin came around, so I didn't know she biffed it until I came pack to the paddock.
So, thank you from both of us. EMTs, corner crew, Bob, all of you.
Oh, Timmay, Teri also thinks you have lovely baby blues.
See you in a few weeks.

dirkterrell
July 26th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I was relieved to see her get up. It looked a little scary. Glad she's ok!

Dirk

terid
July 27th, 2009, 06:36 AM
miffed isn't the word I used :? it was much more colorful and contained many more adjectives

yes, thank you guys SO much.

my knee(s) are sore so I'm going to have them checked out this morning to see how bad I torked them, but I had a BLAST out there - love that track!!!

Bob, I'll get a start yet....