PDA

View Full Version : trying to race this weekend.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
July 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Well, I have the bike and the money but not sure I am at 100% to be on the track. I had back surgery 2 months ago and have been running 3-5 miles a day with no problem(thanks to quiting smoking also) and biking so I am really thinking of trying it out again. I only need some help with tires if you all think I should try it out. I have a set of BT03’s that I raced the first 2 race weekends on and have been in the air since. I will try these out but not sure they will do the job for me. So would it be safe to race again that is my question as of right now. What do you all think?

T Baggins
July 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Depending on what type of surgery you had, you may be good to go... First question would be "what does your doctor say"?

If it was a fusion or something, probably not for another couple months.

If it was just a laminectomy or partial discectomy, then you're probably ok - just don't lift anything very heavy.

If you're still on narcotic pain meds, then the obvious answer is no.

my .02

elvis8310@hotmail.com
July 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Doc says as long as I am not in any pain then try and see how it feels. I am not as of right now taking any pain meds. I stopped those 2 weeks ago but am still on muscle relaxers to sleep right. I rode from COS to OKC on my HOG 2 weeks ago and did ok but had to stop every HR or so to relax and stretch. I am just not sure how the race bike will affect my back with the riding position. I have not been on it in, heck like 2 months or more.

T Baggins
July 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a green-light for Mr. Paradise then! :D

elvis8310@hotmail.com
July 21st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Now I just need to clear it with the wife.

T Baggins
July 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM

Trust me, it's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission... :lol:

elvis8310@hotmail.com
July 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
I know just want to see if see will come with me. Now I just need a set of tires if mine are shot.

racedk6
July 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM

Trust me, it's always easier to ask forgiveness than permission... :lol:

Tony speaks the truth!!! :wink:

DOUBLE A
July 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
If your not brand picky talk to Mark S. @ VANMAR, my buddys have gotten alot of great deals from him, at times where they don't need a brand new set, but have questionable tire concerns. I don't even ride Michelin, but I recommend them for your current state.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
July 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
If your not brand picky talk to Mark S. @ VANMAR, my buddys have gotten alot of great deals from him, at times where they don't need a brand new set, but have questionable tire concerns. I don't even ride Michelin, but I recommend them for your current state.

I sent an email out to Venmar asking for help. Hope it works out.