PDA

View Full Version : gearing for HPR

William Rosebrook
July 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I have an 96 gsxr 750. Could someone send me in the right direction for sprocket sizes at HPR?
Thanks
Willie

racedk6
July 20th, 2009, 11:30 PM
If you have gearing for pueblo that will work.. Thats what I have been running but I also have a different bike. But know alot of people using their pueblo gearing at HPR

William Rosebrook
July 21st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks - I have a 48 0n the back now and was told that maybe a 46 or 44 may get me a little more top end. Thoughts?

Jon
July 21st, 2009, 06:01 PM
Gearing is not specific to every rider on every track due to the fact different riders have different techniques for getting around different tracks. Some are hard on the brakes, slow through the corner then hard on the gas while others don't shed as much speed. As a novice, what probably will serve you best is the shortest you can get away with without bouncing it off the limiter. Top speed's based of the product of the exit to the previous corner at HPR that being turn three. If you come out of three slowly you'll never see the benefit of the taller gearing that you've chosen. I if possible would bring all you got and figure it out as you get closer to your race. Always available for an explanation or advice
Jon #94

William Rosebrook
July 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks for reminding me that's it's not as simple as top speed on the straight - although getting passed when your at 13,500 rpm makes me think that I can do better. I greatly appreciate the response!
Willie R.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
July 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
When I figure my gearing out I want the slowest turn to be in second. On my 2006 gsxr600 I went with front -1 rear +1 and it works great for me. What size chain do you use? I bring alot of sprockets to the track if you use 525 and need some to try out. I will check to see if your year uses the same one as I do.

William Rosebrook
July 22nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the offer but I have a 520 chain. I think I'll get a 46 or a 44 and see if that helps. Thanks again!
Willie R.