PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help me out?

CO750
July 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
So i'm changing out my brake pads and the retaining pin is in so tight I stripped the allen head trying to get it out. Does anybody have an extra caliper brake pad retaining pin for a 2001 gsxr they would part with. I'd even toss in a few dollars or beers, whichever currency you prefer. :P

I'm trying to thrash everything together so I can come out and race Saturday.

On the same note, if anybody has some takeoffs with some good life left, it would help a lot since I'm really not financially able to pick up a brand new set of tires right now. Just trying to race since this might be the last chance this year. :cry:

rforsythe
July 20th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Thought I did but turns out I just have the extra caliper.

Is the pin out? If so could the head just be notched with a dremel to allow a flat-blade screwdriver to turn it? If the inside of the head is the only thing wrong with it, that's likely an easy fix.

snay
July 21st, 2009, 01:16 AM
I have a set of Dunlop's you can look at and have if you like! only ran one day #841 mra

Throttleroller277
July 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
So i'm changing out my brake pads and the retaining pin is in so tight I stripped the allen head trying to get it out. Does anybody have an extra caliper brake pad retaining pin for a 2001 gsxr they would part with. I'd even toss in a few dollars or beers, whichever currency you prefer. :P

I'm trying to thrash everything together so I can come out and race Saturday.

On the same note, if anybody has some takeoffs with some good life left, it would help a lot since I'm really not financially able to pick up a brand new set of tires right now. Just trying to race since this might be the last chance this year. :cry:

I can donate a good Michelin DOT front tire, if you can come up with a rear. Let me know before the weekend, so I can bring it to the track. 8)

CO750
July 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
I didn't think about notching it. I still haven't got it out though so I will have to see what shape it is in once i use a bolt extractor on it. I'm getting ready to tackle that right now so we will see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies on the takeoffs. I can definitely throw some money your way for them, but a new set would have to go on the plastic which I'm trying to avoid.

rforsythe
July 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Don't use a drill through the pin if you can help it, or it'll be trashed. ;)