PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

jbrowning
July 17th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I used to ride years ago but then health problems caused me to stop. It wasn't racing like you all, it was just street riding. But the reason I am here is because I am a amature photographer and was at the Pueblo races on June 27th and 28th and took some pictures that I would like to share with you all. I have them posted on my website http://www.rockymtnphotos.com/ and it is on the RMA page. If you all could leave me some feedback on what you like and what you don't like I would greatly appreciate it. I am hoping to get to the races on July 25th and 26th in Byers and would like to put some faces with the bikes that I have photographed.

Thank you all
Jim Browning

dragos13
July 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the club and THANK YOU for the pictures.

I look forward to seeing you at HPR next weekend!

EDIT: Hey Jim, are you friends with my buddy Rick on the Colorado Fishing Forum? He said you were coming out last weekend.

About the pics, I would say experiment with different angles. Try some from the front and back. Racers like to see pics of them leaning over dragging a knee. Maybe some more with multiple bikes too. Its great to catch the race in action. Good work and great quality!!!

jbrowning
July 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the club and THANK YOU for the pictures.

I look forward to seeing you at HPR next weekend!

EDIT: Hey Jim, are you friends with my buddy Rick on the Colorado Fishing Forum? He said you were coming out last weekend.

About the pics, I would say experiment with different angles. Try some from the front and back. Racers like to see pics of them leaning over dragging a knee. Maybe some more with multiple bikes too. Its great to catch the race in action. Good work and great quality!!!

Hi dragos13, yes I am friends with Rick on the Colorado Fishing Forum. I was there all day Satuday but only could make it till about lunch on Sunday (I wasn't dressed correctly for the heat). Thanks for the advice. I am wanting to work with longer shutter speeds so it will show speed (keeping the rider and bike in focus and everything else will be blurred).

Any ideas if there is camping areas around HPR that I could camp at that weekend? I live in Colorado Springs and am planning on spending the night there on Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks
Jim

T Baggins
July 17th, 2009, 11:51 AM
There's a KOA Kampground in Strasburg, which is the nearest town to the West. You can also camp at the track, but the accomodations are pretty primitive still.

jbrowning
July 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
There's a KOA Kampground in Strasburg, which is the nearest town to the West. You can also camp at the track, but the accomodations are pretty primitive still.

Thanks Tony I think I will see if I can get a spot at the KOA.

Jim

DOUBLE A
July 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
WOW you have some baddass photos of us, & me....whoa! :shock: I like them all, & would like to have pics 3, 4, 6 mucho bigger. What do you want for $$$ for some bigger files/pics, only for my 'I LOVE ME WALL'....Is it possable to donate a small amount to the MRA in these trying times, in your name for a couple photos??? Or just p.m. me BRO! Hope to see you out there!!! Nice work again!

oh & it looks like I passed John..... :D

jbrowning
July 17th, 2009, 09:01 PM
WOW you have some baddass photos of us, & me....whoa! :shock: I like them all, & would like to have pics 3, 4, 6 mucho bigger. What do you want for $$$ for some bigger files/pics, only for my 'I LOVE ME WALL'....Is it possable to donate a small amount to the MRA in these trying times, in your name for a couple photos??? Or just p.m. me BRO! Hope to see you out there!!! Nice work again!

oh & it looks like I passed John..... :D

Hi DOUBLE A, it looks like those three files are about 55"x35". So as you can tell they can be printed fairly large. I don't have any problem donating moneys to the MRA for the photos that I take and sell. The only thing that I ask is that I get credit for the photo. I don't think that is asking too much at all. So that is how large the pictures can be printed. If you let me know what size(s) you are looking for and I will let you know what it would cost. If it is 13X19 I can print them on my printer at home. If you are looking for something larger I would have to take it someplace to have it printed. I am planning on being at the races next weekend. I will probably get there sometime Friday evening. I'm not sure how the layout is at HPR but I will be in a green Dodge pickup with a matching green topper.

You might like #18 also. I found that one Friday night.

Thank you very much for your interest in my photos.
Jim Browning

DOUBLE A
July 17th, 2009, 10:46 PM
sure you can even put photo'ed by you in the corner of the pic! I just want a little bit bigger pic, maybe you can fit them on a cd, in files???

jbrowning
July 17th, 2009, 11:39 PM
sure you can even put photo'ed by you in the corner of the pic! I just want a little bit bigger pic, maybe you can fit them on a cd, in files???

How does this look to you DOUBLE A? I added where and when it was photographed also.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/jimb63/__IGP5605Autograph.jpg

Thanks
Jim[/img]