PDA

View Full Version : Concerns about cancelling the HPR round #7

T Baggins
July 17th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Posted by desmo... moved here for a more appropriate heading:

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm Post subject: Round cancellation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I am new here but I keep seeing that the next round could be canceled and this is concerning. I know we are running a deficit but with all the promotion to get spectators out for the next weekend, rounding up new sponsors and racers, and the trackday coming up next week and Cobra rides at the race etc. wouldn't we be doing a huge disservice to the club to cancel the round regardless of whether it is profitable or not?

I think I have done my part to raise some cash for the club and it would leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth if we left everyone high and dry after all this effort and might drive sponsors and supporters away for next year as well.

So we have close to 80 entries, the board knows how many classes each person is signed up for, 100 entries doesn't cover it if they are all for endurance classes, so do we have an actual breakdown of how much entries are bringing in, how many spectators we need, and how many people need to show up to the trackday Monday?

Hell I am not even here for the next round as I have a vacation that has been planned for a year but I am still going to donate some cash and pay for the trackday. Can we get some idea of how much we really have to make up?

Ends Desmo's Post...

T Baggins
July 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Desmo, good points all...

A huge disservice indeed, should we have to cancel the event. And I really rather doubt the members would allow that to happen. I think people will come out of the woodwork in the 11th hour...

It would affect our credibility with sponsors, advertisers, the media, spectators, etc...

Here's the hard numbers though:

Right now were about $10,000 in the hole if we didn't rack up any new expenses

For every rider we're SHORT of 100 at HPR, add in another $200

Today, right now - that would be another $4000 minimum loss.

We need to bring in a MINIMUM of $20,000 at HPR to break even.

It would be difficult - at best - at the riders meeting on Saturday and Sunday to say "So we're cancelling the rest of the season - but since we're $14,000 in the hole (now because we decided to run an event that we knew would lose money) we need everyone who's here (all 80 of you) to pony up an additional $175 before the track goes hot. That would be a tough sell.

I'm open to suggestions on how we'll carry the mounting debt. I hope it doesn't appear that I'm being difficult or argumentative here - but nobody seems to understand that SOMEBODY has to carry the deficit. A real person, not like the government where they just write it down somewhere... The MRA is a virtual organization, made up only of members and a very few assets.

There is no "we are running a deficit". If "we" were running a deficit, each member would have loaned the club an equal $ amount to cover the debt. As for the current $10K debt - half of the money is still owed to the vendors, and the other half was LOANED to the club by a MEMBER to cover the checks that had already been written. So that person is running a deficit, not the club.

A real live person has to carry that debt if it isn't recovered. Who's gonna be that "somebody" if the weekend tanks? And if we can't even get people to spend $200 to come race, how in the world will we get them to send in money to bail the club out and NOT race?

T Baggins
July 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Also, everyone please go in and PAY for your entries. Signing up is great, but we can't tell how much $$ we have collected towards the event until you PAY.

racedk6
July 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM
BAKE OFF :shock:

Alot of the racers have wives or girlfriends, bake some stuff up and sell it!

marty
July 17th, 2009, 10:37 PM

:lol: you got a flame retardant suit?

btw, men can bake too grubbs.

racedk6
July 18th, 2009, 03:28 AM

:lol: you got a flame retardant suit?

btw, men can bake too grubbs.

Dude my suit is always on!!!

peteyt328
July 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM
you need a lady friend grubbs

racedk6
July 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM
you need a lady friend grubbs

Haha I gots one man!!!!

But you can still share yours if you want!

Scored51
July 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Haha I gots one man!!!!

You've got a MAN, Grubbs? :shock: :lol: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

racedk6
July 19th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Haha I gots one man!!!!

You've got a MAN, Grubbs? :shock: :lol: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Damn it It came out in all the excitement..... sorry :oops: :cry: