PDA

View Full Version : Corner Workers for HPR

Timmay!
July 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Due to the financial troubles the MRA is currently experiencing, we will have to limit the number of corner workers that can be employed for the High Plains events.
I will need approximately 20-22 workers for each race day. I will be reviewing the list of CW who have been working this year, and select a crew based on demonstrated work performance. That list will then be posted here. If you are on the list please RSVP if you are available to work.
If there are positions left open they will be filled on a first come first served basis. A sign up for that will be posted here on this forum.
If once the paid positions are filled, you would be willing to volunteer your services, all would be welcome.
Sorry it came to this, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Immune
July 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Hello Tim,

I've been wondering about the status of corner workers...If you can use me, I'm definitely available for the remainder of the season. Thanks

Marcus Thomas

Timmay!
July 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Ok Marcus, thanks.

If any of you other regulars are available for the HPR event please post up. Maybe we can speed this up if we meet in the middle.
And if you know someone that has been working with us, and doesn't read the forums, please let them know about this. Thanks

Snowman
July 17th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I can work as usual.

supermanmk
July 17th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I've been corner working for 10 years now and I'm available for the remainder of the 2009 season. Sign me up!

Thanks,
Mark Kent

cornerworkr
July 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Since you forgot to fire me after the last round, I will be at the next round. Additionally, Mike Matteson, who I work with, is planning on being there also.
Bob Heaton

Timmay!
July 17th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I can work as usual.

Snowman? who dis be?

stuntriders
July 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Cresta and I will be there as usual!

:D

Timmay!
July 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cresta and I will be there as usual!

:D

Roger that, K-dog.

BrettH
July 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Tim I don't know if I count as a regular but I have been to all of the races since I learned about the corner working gig. I am wanting to race next year so I am soaking in all of the info I can, demonstrating dedication by being out there and supporting them and also trying to gain favor with the race gods. I work at HPR every week a couple of days and have been out there alot this season. I would love to work the remainder of the season and so would my better half (my girlfriend; Mason Lykes) that was at pueblo this last time. Marshal Poet is a good friend of mine and he would also love to do it, so would Josh Gossanyi who worked the last HPR but left for Europe for a month so has been MIA. Marshal also works at HPR on a weekly basis. I just thought I would throw a couple more names into the pool for your consideration. Thanks timmay!!!

Brett

BrettH
July 19th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I forgot to tell everyone that I just got done being at a race yesterday and today at HPR and we all got destroyed by flying ants. There were millions of them on every bunker. They seemed to swarm you pretty good and they would pinch you. So if you are lucky enough to be at HPR next weekend be warned. Oh I used deep woods off and drenched myself in it, they didn't care they still crawled all over me. I am going to try raid next time and see if I can kill them instead. Just FYI...

Lynn Carey
July 19th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I would like to work this weekend-both days. I have worked five days this year and probably eight last season. Does this count as experienced? I think the weekend of the tornado should count double. What about waving debris flags for tumbleweeds that day-pretty tough duty! Now flying ants? Yikes. Combat duty.

Spiderman
July 20th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I can work as usual.

Snowman? who dis be?

Tim, that would be Randall Turner. 8)

mopoet178
July 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Tim,

Im at your disposal if you choose to pay me. If not, Ill sit this race out. Hows your crash carnage? my roadrash just finished healing

-Marsh

shaneboone
July 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM
Well ... didn't think I would be there at HPR but now ... well I think I can be there this sat and sun if you need the help.
shane-

phildrummond
July 21st, 2009, 10:35 PM
I'm in for Sunday. Racing Saturday.