PDA

View Full Version : Extra Stuff happening at Round #7 at HPR!!!

The GECCO
July 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Just in case you need any additional incentive to attend the MRA races on July 25/26, here are a few extra things that will be going on:

Saturday

- I will be giving rides in the Cobra to raise money for the club. $40 for two laps, $50 for three laps. All the money goes to the MRA. It now has Kuhmo slicks and racing compound Carbo-Tech brake pads, best lap so far is a 1:59 and change, so it makes for a fun ride. I'll do this at lunch and at the end of the day on Saturday.

- There will be a pot luck BBQ at the Vanmar pit area after the races on Saturday, everyone bring a side and something to throw on the grill!

Saturday Night

- The band "Iron Tear" will be performing on Saturday evening. They play anything from Barry Manilow to Lionel Richie, with a little Tom Jones thrown in for good measure :) OK, OK, they are actually a hard rock band, lots of 80's and 90's classics - Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Metallica, 3 Doors Down, etc. They played out here for the SCCA event a few weeks ago and we had a great time. I am paying for the band personally, this will not cost the MRA anything. If anyone wants to contribute, please send me an email.

- Johnny Burr and the The Walnut Room (www.thewalnutroom.com) has generously offered to donate a keg of beer for all of us at Saturday nights show. That's right - FREE BEER! BYOB once it's gone! **EDIT** It may take a while to drink it all since Marty with the 12 Volt Tavern has also graciously offered to donate a keg as well! Thanks to both!!

- If the weather cooperates we will also have a BONFIRE once the sun goes down!

Sunday

- We'll do a parade lap of the track at lunch on Sunday. $10 per vehicle (car or bike, bikes will be at the front of the line). It will be low speed, with pace and chase vehicles. Helmets will be required for all bikes/scooters/etc.

So, Saturday afternoon we race, then ride in the Cobra, then eat at Vanmar (please don't eat first, vomiting in the Cobra is very taboo), then listen to some kick-ass rock while drinking FREE BEER! I mean, really, what more could you want?!?!

SEE YOU THERE!!

DOUBLE A
July 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Sweet! Sounds like fun! We should do this kind of thing more often, get some local places @ each track to come out! BTW, can I drive the cobra??? :shock: :?:

dave.gallant
July 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a fun weekend!!

racedk6
July 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
If you missed it FREE BEER

JimWilson29
July 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM
If you missed it FREE BEER

grubbzz you're not 21 8)

PremiumBlend
July 16th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I have a CO2 setup with a cooler that allows 2 kegs to be on tap. I can provide that and an extra keg. (It would only be Bud Light though b/c my garage door just fell apart and that's $690 for a new one that I have to put in this Saturday morning)

richlundeen
July 17th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Man oh man, I wish I could be there!

You guys have a great time, and please, have more than a few beers for me. I'll be thinking of you.

chris nami
July 17th, 2009, 09:33 AM
now that's how a race weekend should be!

dragos13
July 17th, 2009, 09:55 AM
now that's how a race weekend should be!

+1 We need to make a habit of this.

DOUBLE A
July 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I will be doing two up rides on the 1000rr for 5 cents a lap, for girls, and grubbs(or anyone his size), it will be 4-5 seconds off race pace, and you will need full gear, and tech inspected. All proceeds will go to 'theRACERSwithoutPINKYfingersFOUNDATION', don't worry I saw Randy Mamola do this @ Laguna Seca once! :lol:

DOUBLE A
July 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM
just kidding

PremiumBlend
July 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I will be doing two up rides on the 1000rr for 5 cents a lap, for girls, and grubbs(or anyone his size), it will be 4-5 seconds off race pace, and you will need full gear, and tech inspected. All proceeds will go to 'theRACERSwithoutPINKYfingersFOUNDATION', don't worry I saw Randy Mamola do this @ Laguna Seca once! :lol:

If that's the case, I'll do 2 up wheelies. Just hang on tight, I'll do the rest. :)

DOUBLE A
July 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
HAHAHA NICE, hey bro you better not race next season.......together we will defanately get in trouble! :lol:

nude
July 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM
The Cobra rides are awesome!!! Now I understand why they named it "High Plains Drifter"...

NossLou
July 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Free Beer :P !!!! This is gonna be a great weekend

Mike Applegate
July 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Grand Prix Motorsports is showing its support for the MRA and will be cooking up burgers and dogs on sunday for everyone FREE!

TRK
July 26th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Any chance we can this again come the last round. WAY COOL weekend!

PremiumBlend
July 26th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Did anyone see who ended up grabbing my CO2 setup, Red Cooler with taps and a keg shell?

cactusjack
July 26th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Any chance we can this again come the last round. WAY COOL weekend!

I agree. Even if we can't/don't want to shell out the bucks for the band, we can probably make do with a stereo and a PA system. Someone has to have PA speakers and amps lying around...

But the bonfire must stay.

Ray-Ray
July 27th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Did anyone see who ended up grabbing my CO2 setup, Red Cooler with taps and a keg shell?

I believe that Tony Baker grabbed it for you.