PDA

View Full Version : *OLD* Pre-Entry Counter for HPR

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I've started a new thread to count the entries for HPR... it's an announcement at the top of the page.

May this thread R.I.P. [-o<

dragos13
July 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Holy crap so even this HPR round might not happen?

Come on guys we need everyone to race this round, sign up soon and lets each do our part in keeping the MRA alive!

ryan
July 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM
are you counting the people that sign up but havent paid yet? Im signed up, but Ive got the auto pay enabled, and it wont deduct until the weds before right?

racedk6
July 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Yup people need to sign up, I dont want the season to end where my points are right now damn it! :shock:

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
are you counting the people that sign up but havent paid yet? Im signed up, but Ive got the auto pay enabled, and it wont deduct until the weds before right?

yes, this is ALL signups - paid or not.

Ray-Ray
July 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Holy crap so even this HPR round might not happen?

Come on guys we need everyone to race this round, sign up soon and lets each do our part in keeping the MRA alive!

YES if we don't have over 100 signed up and PAID for HPR then that event AND the remainder of the season will be canceled.

AND looking through the list of signed up I see a few that signed up at the beginning of the year but have not raced at all.

We need people to get signed up at pay!!

Concerned Racer
July 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM

dave.gallant
July 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
If you cancel the remainder of the season then what makes you think there will even be a season next year?

Sounds to me like if we cant make this and the other 2 races happen then the MRA might just be DONE FOR GOOD!! I mean if you cancel this and the rest of the rounds you are screwing the racers who actually support the club. Out of those racers a few may decide not to race with the MRA again!!

Is there any plan to help keep the MRA alive? Just wondering because canceling this season is NOT going to solve ANY problems, may prevent more $$$ loss this year but who is to say the exact same thing wont happen next year!!

IS THE MRA DEAD?? Sounds like it to me!

OMFG!!

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!

:roll:

hcr25
July 14th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Screwing the racers? We are the racers.

Concerned Racer, Do you think putting on a race event that was guaranteed to lose money is a good idea?

Throttleroller277
July 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
If you cancel the remainder of the season then what makes you think there will even be a season next year?

Sounds to me like if we cant make this and the other 2 races happen then the MRA might just be DONE FOR GOOD!! I mean if you cancel this and the rest of the rounds you are screwing the racers who actually support the club. Out of those racers a few may decide not to race with the MRA again!!

Is there any plan to help keep the MRA alive? Just wondering because canceling this season is NOT going to solve ANY problems, may prevent more $$$ loss this year but who is to say the exact same thing wont happen next year!!

Did you attend the General meeting last Wednesday?

If we continue to LOOSE money, as we have been, and go "in debt", then that leaves us with no $$ to start next season with. Keep in mind that at the beginning of the year we have to pay for insurance, track deposits, etc...

If we go into this next race weekend knowing that we are going to LOOSE money, then why continue? If we have to stop now, to insure that there will be an MRA in 2010, then that's what we'll do.

Make sense? 8)

Concerned Racer
July 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Concerned Racer
July 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM

If we continue to LOOSE money, as we have been, and go "in debt", then that leaves us with no $$ to start next season with. Keep in mind that at the beginning of the year we have to pay for insurance, track deposits, etc...

If we go into this next race weekend knowing that we are going to LOOSE money, then why continue? If we have to stop now, to insure that there will be an MRA in 2010, then that's what we'll do.

Make sense? 8)Thank you very much for a REAL answer.. And yeah does kinda make sense.

Just not sure if people wont show up to this race that everyone is begging people to show up to then why would they show up next year?

Is there a way we can drastically reduce the Overhead cost of running the club? or next year we will have to have 140 racers at every race or it could be canceled early as well?

dave.gallant
July 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM

OMFG!!

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!

:roll:Thanks for the GREAT Answer... You are obviously very intelligent :roll: Are we trying to prevent the demise of a club? or just trying to play games? Obviously you are just wanting to play games!!

You have zero facts and broad generalized fears that you are trolling this board with yet, I am not intelligent?

Grow up moron.

JimWilson29
July 14th, 2009, 11:41 AM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/feedtroll.gif http://smiliesftw.com/x/troll_1.gif

Throttleroller277
July 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Make sense? 8)Thank you very much for a REAL answer.. And yeah does kinda make sense.

Just not sure if people wont show up to this race that everyone is begging people to show up to then why would they show up next year?

Is there a way we can drastically reduce the Overhead cost of running the club? or next year we will have to have 140 racers at every race or it could be canceled early as well?

So far we have done everything we can to reduce the overhead, without taking away from the safety of the riders.....

dragos13
July 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM
We could probably take some tips from CCS in Phoenix.

On Saturday, they have a trackday. We could have it sessioned and open to everyone. On Sunday we can have all the races.

They also hold their banquet at the local pub. I'm not saying to get rid of the banquet cuz honestly the season plaques are what I race for, but maybe we can drop down from the ballroom style salmon dinner. Just my opinion but based on the last meeting, the banquet seemed to be quite an expense as well.

And obviously we will remove Hastings all together :(

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 11:59 AM

If it's really that important to you, please show some pride and use a real username or sign your post... Because your questions have merit, (although you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and are posting inaccurate, inflammatory things) I'll answer them anyway.

If this was simply an attempt to "fire up the membership" and call them to action, then I suggest you rethink your delivery... this is serious stuff here - not some sophomoric joke that you can toss jabs at here and there to get your jollies. There are literally hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake here, I suggest you treat the situation accordingly.

I think there will be a season next year REGARDLESS of what happens this year. We've started the year with ZERO $$ (or less) in the bank more than once in the 33 year history of our club, and we've never missed a single season.

IF we cancel the rest of this season, it's SO we can guarantee there will be a season in 2010. Right now we can manage the debt we've accrued, but if we were to lose, say, another $10,000 each event - where's that money going to come from? Are YOU gonna write a check to cover it? Nope, I didn't think so... well guess what - neither am I. I've already kicked in WAY more than my share this season, and I've not raced a single event. It's not like we're sitting on a large surplus of money and don't want to lose some of it. We're OUT of money. So the prudent thing would be to AVOID that sort of situation.

"WE" aren't screwing anybody. THE OTHER MEMBERS are screwing you by not participating. Our fixed costs to run an event are about $20,000. We need a minimum of 100 riders to show up just to cover event costs (not to mention the other costs associated with running a business like printing, postage, insurance, truck maintenance, etc, etc, etc...). Fewer than that and we lose money. So exactly WHO is screwing WHOM here?

If a handful would prefer to turn their back on the club in the future because their peers couldn't see the benefit in ensuring the 2009 season finished out - then you all will be even worse off in 2010. I can't singlehandedly control participation of other members. But you all can. And posting things like "IS THE MRA DEAD?? Sounds like it to me!" certainly can't help...

Ideally we'll have 140 racers at HPR, which would net $28,000 in entry fees, which would cover our costs and pay back about HALF of the money we're already owing to outside entities, and then give us enough $$ to pay the insurance for the final two events. If only 70 sign up, should we charge each of you $400? How about if 50 show up, would you prefer to pay $560 each? Or would that be screwing you too? See, it's simple math. Income must be equal to or greater than expense - or you go out of business.

Did you really ask "Is there any plan to keep the MRA alive?" Seriously? Maybe you should go read the ninety seven different topics in the forums discussing exactly this - and then put in some worthwhile input and maybe a little effort. It's YOUR club, just as it is everyone elses. YOU have an equal responsibility to ensure it's success as does every other member.

There is absolutely NOTHING to say that the exact same thing won't happen next year. Personally, I'll do my best to ensure a different outcome. What are YOU going to do?

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 12:05 PM

On Saturday, they have a trackday. We could have it sessioned and open to everyone. On Sunday we can have all the races.

They also hold their banquet at the local pub. I'm not saying to get rid of the banquet cuz honestly the season plaques are what I race for, but maybe we can drop down from the ballroom style salmon dinner. Just my opinion but based on the last meeting, the banquet seemed to be quite an expense as well.

And obviously we will remove Hastings all together :(

We're discussing the Saturday thing, but currently it DOES make money - so changing it to a trackday might or might not help.

I can say, with reasonable certainty, that there will be no banquet this year - at least not like you've seen in years past. Maybe everyone can just come to my house and ride XR's the weekend of the cancelled PPIR?? :shock:

Hastings is done. That event (or rather the pitiful attendance thereof) singlehandedly ruined our 2009 season. We lost $10K at Pueblo #6, but would still have had about $20K in the bank had we not lost so much at Hastings. Had even 100 people showed at Hastings, we wouldn't be in this mess.

dragos13
July 14th, 2009, 12:15 PM
We're discussing the Saturday thing, but currently it DOES make money - so changing it to a trackday might or might not help.

I can say, with reasonable certainty, that there will be no banquet this year - at least not like you've seen in years past. Maybe everyone can just come to my house and ride XR's the weekend of the cancelled PPIR?? :shock:

Hastings is done. That event (or rather the pitiful attendance thereof) singlehandedly ruined our 2009 season. We lost $10K at Pueblo #6, but would still have had about $20K in the bank had we not lost so much at Hastings. Had even 100 people showed at Hastings, we wouldn't be in this mess.

+1 for the banquet at the Walnut!!!

racedk6
July 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM

From my understanding of the MRA running a trackday the day before is that all riders have to be licensed racers and an AMA member for insurance reasons.

So technically it cant be open for all riders. If it was open to all riders I think it would generate a good amount of money. If the average sign up fees racers pay is $200, and the track day cost was $100 for street guys, and $50 for racers that are signed up to race the next day. I really think that would bring in alot of money. Considering most lapping days at HPR are on Mondays or Fridays, and the chicane days typically fall on Sundays that leaves another day open for all the street guys to get their track riding in. You can also use it like a helping day for street riders and have some of the racers volunteer to help. It wouldnt be to hard because alot already offer alot of help to street guys.

But again I dont know if that could happen because of insurance.

PrillerGrrl
July 14th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Tony,

I haven't signed up as of yet but I'm trying my damnest to be there. I can make entry but my tires are not look'n good.

If anyone can toss me a set of Michelin take-offs that won't put me in the dirt, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm also taking night school, I'll ask everyone in my classes to come out to watch. Might be able to get 10 or so peeps to make it out. I'll wrangle up whatever friends I can think of.

I'll let you know by thursday evening.

katie

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Guys, slow down...

We currently run 6 sprint races on Saturday too, which brings in considerable income (average of $70 per rider per class if you break it down), AND the endurance races which usually brings in $3000 or more.

We'll undoubtedly lose SOME entries if we move all the sprints to Sunday again because of the back-to-back issue (can't quantify $$ though) AND we'll completely lose the $3000 endurance entry fees.

The money brought in by the track day would have to cover all of that AND some to make it worthwhile. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying that it's a pretty big leap of faith.

Also, currently as racers you pay NOTHING for practice on Saturday - it's included in your entry fees. Would you pay an additional $150 (or whatever) in addition to your entry fees to practice on Saturday? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Furthermore, we'd have to come up with some sort of license status (Associate Membership could cover it...) that would allow people to ride on our days. You MUST be both an AMA member and MRA member to participate on our event days.

glenngsxr
July 14th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Dave,
can you track the IP address on this profile? Is it local? It sounds like someone that has some hatred for the club that just created a new username and started blasting away. Glenn #62

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 01:33 PM
IP address for this post
coproxy1.avaya.com [ 3 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

Users posting from this IP address
dragos13 [ 569 Posts ]

420 [ 418 Posts ]

YoungBloodRacing [ 3 Posts ]

Concerned Racer [ 3 Posts ]

Public knowledge people, public knowledge...

dragos13
July 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM
IP address for this post

dragos13 [ 569 Posts ]

420 [ 418 Posts ]

Wait what is this? I see my name so I gotta ask.

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
IP address for this post

dragos13 [ 569 Posts ]

420 [ 418 Posts ]

Wait what is this? I see my name so I gotta ask.

I don't know... I'm not an IT guy. I just queried ALL users who have posted from the same IP address as "Concerned Racer" and this is what came up...

dragos13
July 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Oh yeah I understand. Its the Avaya proxy, the company I used to work for. I'll find Concerned Racer and make sure he is properly lynched....

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Oh yeah I understand. Its the Avaya proxy, the company I used to work for. I'll find Concerned Racer and make sure he is properly lynched....

No worries, methinks he's already lynched himself...

Can we keep it positive from this point forward everyone? I really have tons of work to do, both professionally AND to keep the MRA afloat.

JimWilson29
July 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM

Can we keep it positive from this point forward everyone? I really have tons of work to do, both professionally AND to keep the MRA afloat.

Casey got laid off not too long ago from Avaya so I would look at the other userid on that list that is still currently employed there......

dave.gallant
July 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Casey got laid off not too long ago from Avaya so I would look at the other userid on that list that is still currently employed there......

It is just a proxy, so they may not actually work there.

Whoever this person is, I welcome their opinions; just not the bullshit finger pointing behaviour that was the hallmark of this club 5 or 6 years ago. There is no need for a "lynching" whatsoever and much need for reasonable (educated or educate-able) discussion.

dragos13
July 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Yeah I kind of got the feeling Tony was hinting at it being me. I hope that isn't the case...

Plus if I have something to say, it would be said under MY account. I have nothing to hide especially not my opinions.

dave_g
July 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah I kind of got the feeling Tony was hinting at it being me. I hope that isn't the case...

Nah -- we know it is not you. I can see that you are behind a different firewall.

Throttleroller277
July 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Tony,

I haven't signed up as of yet but I'm trying my damnest to be there. I can make entry but my tires are not look'n good.

If anyone can toss me a set of Michelin take-offs that won't put me in the dirt, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm also taking night school, I'll ask everyone in my classes to come out to watch. Might be able to get 10 or so peeps to make it out. I'll wrangle up whatever friends I can think of.

I'll let you know by thursday evening.

katie

I can sell you a good set of Michelin DOT's, 120/180, for $100

T Baggins
July 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Plus if I have something to say, it would be said under MY account. I have nothing to hide especially not my opinions.

I make no such assumptions, only posting up what the magical IP address thingymajig says - and it listed those 4 users as people who have posted from that IP address. That's all. I'm not tech-savvy enough to read anything into that.

I, like Dave, absolutely welcome intelligent, meaningful, HELPFUL input from any and all sources. I do, however, tire of repeating myself and defending the club, the Board, past and future decisions of the Board, and the future of the club to every person who has a computer and user ID...

I've been doing exactly that for 20 years in this club, and pretty much non-stop for the last 6 years since I've been actively working on the Board again. To be perfectly honest, it's wearing me down.

I'm tired guys...

rforsythe
July 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Just signed up. 59.

ChickenStrip
July 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Me too, that makes 60

Throttleroller277
July 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Me too, that makes 60

Nice!!...the Pretzel Stick" is back!! 8)

nwatkins176
July 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Don't know if this matters, but I thought I was pre entered and just not paid. I swear I pre entered. I went in to pay and noticed I wasn't pre entered, most likley user error. I am entered and paid now, but maybe there are about 200 racers that had same problem. :)

clee32
July 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
So im not saying this to cause a rift or anything but there tends to be a pattern in post and the answers that US in the MRA answer.

We are at the point where we need to have riders sign up. Right?
There have been numerous posts where people have given insight and questions. No not everyone was able to attend the meeting wednesday, so there posting to get filled in.

Now the pattern. It seems like most of the responses to these question cut down or demoralize the poster. These are people that might race ( be one of the 150 riders that we need) or concerned people that have heard that the MRA is in disparate need.

So i say please take all questions with a grain of salt and and stop being DICKS to these people.

We are in a sink or swim situation and you guys just want to think that everyone that post is an idiot or doesn't know what they are talking about. This will not solve anything, there have been good ideas that through around and I have only seen " cant be done" "im in it for a championship" this is bullshit, we wont have a championship to win if we dont have racers. I know we are all competitive but there are people willing to help, allow us to race now and in the future.

Someone asked why people don't race, your answering your own question with your responses. I probably would not be racing if it was up to just the experience I had with the MRA before I was a member, no offense its like a cult. no one would talk, its not just up to rider reps to make people interested.

We need to be open and get people interested in a sport that we all Love. If it where not for Mike and Bart willing to talk to someone that was interested and not shove me away. Be open to people. We need to expand our CLUB not make it more exclusive.

NO MORE OF THESE FUCKING NEGATIVE Post ( this is about our club not us as individuals)

Cooper Lee 327

benfoxmra95
July 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Nah -- we know it is not you. I can see that you are behind a different firewall.

technology is cool ain't it? Sucks to not know how to manipulate because you get caught by the ones who do.... :wink: and then end up looking like a maroon....:)

dragos13
July 15th, 2009, 06:02 AM
technology is cool ain't it? Sucks to not know how to manipulate because you get caught by the ones who do.... :wink: and then end up looking like a maroon....:)

:roll: yeah ok...

benfoxmra95
July 15th, 2009, 09:24 AM

:roll: yeah ok...

? Gallant already said that it wasn't you. U sure are going out of ur way here .......

My post wasnt directed at u. If u feel it was then I don't know why.

Edit: I looked back and in my original post I hit the "quote" button from the wrong and it was from yours. I meant it to be from another one. If this is why u felt I was pointed at u then, sorry.

Let's move on and forget about it.

T Baggins
July 15th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Hey Coop,

You're right, there have been a lot of good suggestions to help the club out - and EVERYONE really appreciates that. There ARE things in the works, we ARE doing everything we can to draw in spectators, etc. There are also a couple ideas (can we get them implemented in time??) that could increase RACER participation at the next round. People who are making POSITIVE efforts to help are being praised and supported.

Unfortunately many of the other suggestions being made are either:

1) Unreasonable to get done by the next round

2) Uneducated (relative to "how things really work")

3) Not likely to see an IMMEDIATE impact in racer entry (good for next year though?)

4) Or, as in the case of "concerned racer" - completely inappropriate and false

Understand that many of us have been around the club for years or decades. To waste time chasing something that is unattainable is senseless. Perhaps I need to find a better way to express myself when "shooting down" someone's idea - but I find the direct route the best method. If it SIMPLY CAN'T WORK, then I feel we need to let people know immediately so they don't go running down that path wasting time. Conversely, even if it CAN work, it's not as easy as "So let it be done." I'm a realist, what can I say?

For the record, I started this thread as a "cheerleading" idea so people could see real time what the entries were and how much more work we needed to get done in order to be successful. As with most well intended threads, it got hijacked (and I'm not allowed to delete posts) and it pissed me off.

I'm tired of defending my decisions, and the decisions of the Board all the time. Seriously, our JOB is to ensure the future of Roadracing in Colorado. We've been successful in this task for over 30 years. Do you all really think we're not doing EVERYTHING WE POSSIBLY CAN to achieve this? I apologize if I don't always come across as nice and cheery, but this is serious shit and I'm up to our eyeballs in stress right now. A little slack from the members would be greatly appreciated.

I have been continually involved in the club since 1990, and have more knowledge on "what it takes to put an MRA event on" than any 10 members combined. I'm not bragging, I just know it that well. That's what happens when you come around, to every event, for 20 years. I came back to the Board when a former President embezzled tens of thousands of dollars - and yet we survived... and indeed prospered in the years to follow. We will survive this as well, but people need to use their heads when they post things. Get educated, CALL a rider rep and get some facts before you waste everyone's time posting things that are unrealistic or inaccurate. Is that really too much to ask?

Beginning yesterday afternoon, our Rider Reps began compiling the suggestions (from all threads) that have been made by the members.

We will hold (another) emergency Board Meeting in the days to come to evaluate the suggestions and then prioritize them based on their ability to increase revenue for the NEXT event.

I'm signing off the forums (so that I don't piss anyone else off) until we have a concise plan that we can lay out in front of the members.

clee32
July 15th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Tony,

Is there anyone working on an official press release for the club. Right now it seems like we are not tapping into the potential of this state regarding peoples willingness to help.

Is there a way we can have someone draw up an official release so me, or someone else can pass it out to the Colorado press!

Oh and are we able to take donations as a club?

Thanks

dragos13
July 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
As of 9:45 am on 7/15/09 there are

riders signed up for Round #7 at HPR. Gettin Closer all the time! :)

Lets keep this going guys, just 29 more to secure atleast ONE last race!

Any chance we can get a list of registered racers? That way we know what other guys to bug?

rybo
July 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Well Casey, don't bug me.

I'm in!

Scott

dragos13
July 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Well Casey, don't bug me.

I'm in!

Scott

Hell yeah Scott, I'm very happy to hear that!!!

Ben, thanks for clearing that up as your quote was the reason I took defense. Like you said, lets move on and leave this crap behind.

So, who's READY TO RACE :twisted:

Wild Cheetah 612
July 15th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Somehow I missed this thread until now. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it as it added some comic relief for the end of my afternoon.

Three things I learned:
1) Be proactive, not reactive
2) Life is too short to be so stressed over the big stuff and (especially) the little stuff.
3) If we all ban together as the family we are, we'll survive this!

gsnyder828
July 15th, 2009, 08:55 PM
3) If we all ban together...

Well that sounds fun!

Now - who are going to ban and under why? :D

PrillerGrrl
July 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know what the number is at right now but I'm in.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my plea for tires.

Katie

NossLou
July 16th, 2009, 01:22 AM
So what is the count as of now???? hope we get a boom over the weekend....

vroomnut
July 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Tony,

Both Lauri and I are signed up for races. Any idea on when an official decision will be made about the season? Thanks for all the hard work you and the other board members have been doing.

AF-313

July 17th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Ok asshats, that was me that registered as Concerned Racer.

NOT! :lol:

I'm pretty sure people in the know already figured out who it was, but I thought I'd just chime in to tell everyone else that it wasn't me posting shit on here. If I had something to say about it then I would post it under my own damn login. Hell, I'm not even racing this season and hadn't even been on the boards for several weeks at least. Anyway, I hope you guys get enough racers signed up to continue the season, sucks to see the MRA at a spot like this. ](*,) I have no major problems with anyone in the MRA, board or not, other than Tony Baker because he made me work hard for my back to back season championships. Plus, he always tries to molest Ashli whenever we see him. (\00\)

Hoopty out