PDA

View Full Version : For everyone who has wanted to ride a 125 or 250

marty
July 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM
over the past couple of years i have had countless people swing by my pit and express interest in riding my 125 or 250. well this is your big chance and it will all go to help the mra.

i will be riding the 250 on saturday morning and the 125 in endurance and sunday afternoon. brown has dibs on the 250 until after mod vin u.

this would leave my second 125 open for :

nov u
nov o
light gp
light endurance
mod vin u/lor
mod vin o
am u
twin u
colorado class

the 250 would be available for:

am u
am o
mod vin 0

my expenses for each bike is ~$40 per race for fuel, tires, top end wear, crank wear, and other consumables. i would not require it, but if potential renter would like to make an donation on top of what their race fee would be, i would give 100% of said donation to the mra. if someone wanted to run a practice, the fee would be $40 for the wear on consumables.

rules for the rental:

1. you dump, you gotta buy the parts to put it back together. my bikes typically do not have mechanicals ( as i bang a big block of wood with a massive hammer) but if it is my fault, you would not be liable, but if you blow it up you would need to replace it
2. you get hurt, i'm not on the hook.
3. anyone in the club is welcome to ride one of my bikes. it doesn't matter if i know you or not. however, if i think you are still too new to track riding or a total douche bag then this may not be the time to ride a 2 stroke
4. no rain racing.
5. if it rains or if the bike gets messed up beyond a safe and timely repair, then you made a $20 donation to keeping our club a float and i'll let you take one for a spin on a trackday.
6.i'm not asking for any contract, i am taking racers at their word on all rules

all the bikes that will be open for rental will have fresh suspension and top ends at the beginning of the weekend and the 125 only has about 50 miles on the crank.

2 strokes are very different to launch and shift and i will have a riders meeting to go over how to ride the bikes.

you will still need to bring your own transponder to be scored and timed.

anyone interested can drop me a pm or call at 3-263.5069

racedk6
July 11th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Marty what day is Light weight GP?

I might want to hop on that 125 for a race!

marty
July 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
light gp back to back with nov u on saturday. we would need to have someone warm it up in the pits and swap bikes with you on pregrid. me and brown a similar switch a roo with the 250 and r6 on sundays

dave.gallant
July 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
You are a bastard.

A bastard coated bastard with a jelly bastard filling type of bastard!!!

You just HAD to post this up when you know there is no possibility of me being able to shift (and, fwiw, the MRA will not allow you to race with a hard cast on...we have tried).

Maybe I just cut this damn cast off so I can ride the 250?

fairrpe86
July 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Grubbs, if my memory serves me correctly, Lightweight GP is an expert only class isnt it?

marty
July 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Grubbs, if my memory serves me correctly, Lightweight GP is an expert only class isnt it?
it is exp only, but if mark gives you the nod you can race as a novice. i still run nov plates

marty
July 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM
You are a bastard.

A bastard coated bastard with a jelly bastard filling type of bastard!!!

You just HAD to post this up when you know there is no possibility of me being able to shift (and, fwiw, the MRA will not allow you to race with a hard cast on...we have tried).

Maybe I just cut this damn cast off so I can ride the 250?

:lol: wow, you threw down the coated and filled bastard card, at least no bastard sprinkles.

btw, i have a dremel or angle grinder, your choice

hcr25
July 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Dave is old school. He will soak that cast in race fuel Yo.

dave.gallant
July 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Dave is old school. He will soak that cast in race fuel Yo.

Damn, that is a good idea because only race fuel will cover the smell of this stinky stinky cast.

DOUBLE A
July 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
over the past couple of years i have had countless people swing by my pit and express interest in riding my 125 or 250. well this is your big chance and it will all go to help the mra.

i will be riding the 250 on saturday morning and the 125 in endurance and sunday afternoon. brown has dibs on the 250 until after mod vin u.

this would leave my second 125 open for :

nov u
nov o
light gp
light endurance
mod vin u/lor
mod vin o
am u
twin u
colorado class

the 250 would be available for:

am u
am o
mod vin 0

my expenses for each bike is ~$40 per race for fuel, tires, top end wear, crank wear, and other consumables. i would not require it, but if potential renter would like to make an donation on top of what their race fee would be, i would give 100% of said donation to the mra. if someone wanted to run a practice, the fee would be $40 for the wear on consumables.

rules for the rental:

1. you dump, you gotta buy the parts to put it back together. my bikes typically do not have mechanicals ( as i bang a big block of wood with a massive hammer) but if it is my fault, you would not be liable, but if you blow it up you would need to replace it
2. you get hurt, i'm not on the hook.
3. anyone in the club is welcome to ride one of my bikes. it doesn't matter if i know you or not. however, if i think you are still too new to track riding or a total douche bag then this may not be the time to ride a 2 stroke
4. no rain racing.
5. if it rains or if the bike gets messed up beyond a safe and timely repair, then you made a $20 donation to keeping our club a float and i'll let you take one for a spin on a trackday.
6.i'm not asking for any contract, i am taking racers at their word on all rules

all the bikes that will be open for rental will have fresh suspension and top ends at the beginning of the weekend and the 125 only has about 50 miles on the crank.

2 strokes are very different to launch and shift and i will have a riders meeting to go over how to ride the bikes.

you will still need to bring your own transponder to be scored and timed.

anyone interested can drop me a pm or call at 3-263.5069

That is Pimp!!!

froth
July 11th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Dave, I've got a Fein saw. For wood working, but based on the concept a DR.s saw works on.

racedk6
July 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Will the bike be available for a practice session as well?

marty
July 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM

yes but like i mentioned in the op, i would like to have some $ for consumables to donate to the club.

chrobis has called dibs on the am o race on the 250

and i am surprised chis dale hasn't called dibs on colorado class yet :shock: :lol:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
July 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM
PM sent .. I wanna try the buck-n-a-quarter in LWEND..

racedk6
July 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM

yes but like i mentioned in the op, i would like to have some $ for consumables to donate to the club.

chrobis has called dibs on the am o race on the 250

and i am surprised chis dale hasn't called dibs on colorado class yet :shock: :lol:

Im still up in the air about it as I need help by a suspension guru on my 600 before I even think about hopping on the 125 or 250.

Scored51
July 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've got a monkey on my back right now to try and finish up my own CC bike. It's really tempting though. =P~

If someone else rides it we'll just increase the size of the field and make more money for the club. =D>

marty
July 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've got a monkey on my back right now to try and finish up my own CC bike. It's really tempting though. =P~

If someone else rides it we'll just increase the size of the field and make more money for the club. =D>
chirs, how many years have you been saying that :shock: :lol:

marty
July 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM
PM sent .. I wanna try the buck-n-a-quarter in LWEND..
jim got dibs on 125 in endurance. lets how sean jordan has his ready by then and we'll have us a little swarm of bees out there

Scored51
July 12th, 2009, 02:50 PM

chris, how many years have you been saying that :shock: :lol:

Ah, yes! But this time it's a near 200 pound monkey named...

froth
July 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Gimme a banana!

marty
July 12th, 2009, 09:42 PM
your riding fred? ok, i'm not one to judge

JWinter
July 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Marty, I would like to chip in, I would just like to do a couple of practice laps on the 250...just to see how it feels.

Jeff

marty
July 12th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Marty, I would like to chip in, I would just like to do a couple of practice laps on the 250...just to see how it feels.

Jeff
for you it would feel like a cat playing with a mouse it is about to kill

TRK
July 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
hmmmmmmm :shock:

marty
July 23rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
chris dale finally came to his senses and has the 125 for twin gtu and colorado class. the 250's dance card is probably full, but no one has committed to the 125 in light gp yet

Ray-Ray
July 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
chris dale finally came to his senses and has the 125 for twin gtu and colorado class. the 250's dance card is probably full, but no one has committed to the 125 in light gp yet

Really?????? 8)

DOUBLE A
July 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
what about race nubers, & novice plates?

T Baggins
July 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
what about race nubers, & novice plates?

We can work around that, just be sure you move the transponder as you switch bikes.

chrobis
July 29th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Marty -

I first have to apologize to all of the other AMO competitors for being a traffic cone out there, but thank you for providing the opportunity to ride your TZ - what a kick in the pants!

If you are planning on offering it up again for the last round I will graciously wait my turn behind anybody who wanted to but didn't have a chance to ride it this last weekend, but I would really like to try it again, maybe in a race where it wouldn't feel so out of place.

Thank you thank you thank you for doing this.

For anybody who was on the fence, DO IT!

Scored51
July 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM

Really?????? 8)

No that probably won't ever happen, but I can't say enough about how much fun the 125 was in both races. Marty has his bikes well sorted, and "the rules of a two stroke" were easy to follow. If Marty ever has this offer up for grabs again, I would encourage everyone to try their hand at it. Diving into a corner with only 160 lbs of machine instead of 400 lbs redefines late braking and early on the gas.

Thank you again Marty for the opportunity and dealing with all of my questions afterward!

marty
July 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
glad to hear you guys had fun this weekend. this was probably just a one time thing as i like to spend some TLC time with the bikes after i ride them and 3 bikes is a bit time consuming. however, if brewer wanted to ride again, i might be looking for some redemption :twisted:

froth
July 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Marty: It was a blast seeing Jim's grin as he passed me inside turn six. I swear, I thought he'd swallow his ears if his smile was any larger. Laughter all through eight!
Thanks for doing that, I really enjoyed racing with Chris and Jim on your bike.

Scored51
July 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
however, if brewer wanted to ride again, i might be looking for some redemption :twisted:
Careful Marty, it may turn into another lesson for ya. 00--00 :lol:

marty
July 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
however, if brewer wanted to ride again, i might be looking for some redemption :twisted:
Careful Marty, it may turn into another lesson for ya. 00--00 :lol:
:oops: next time i give jim my "special" jetting

Blue Junk
July 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Will this offer be good for the last round of the season? :D