PDA

View Full Version : SUPERMOTO

Tumbleweed
July 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Alright, please don't take this one the wrong way. I decided to take a break for a few years from the MRA to fix my finances. I couldn't handle not racing so I started racing supermoto after the 2nd round because it costs next to nothing and one set of tires will last an entire season. I want to come back to roadracing in a few years so I am hopeing that the MRA gets more support from the racers so the club does not go away. So for all you racers who have posted about racing with other clubs (CCS,MOM,etc) because the MRA may have to race only HPR. Please don't. Support the MRA so we don't lose Colorado Motorcycle Roadracing. If you need an extra variety of tracks just race supermoto in Colorado also when it doesn't conflict with the MRA schedule. This will help with your skills for roadracing. If you want to mess around a little with the supermoto the organization is Supermoto5280.com.

The race schedule is
Round #6 IMI Motorsports Park Sunday July 19th
Round #7 Pueblo Sunday August 9th Conflicts with the MRA
Round #8 Grand Junction Motor Speedway Sunday Sept 13th
Round #9 PPIR Sunday Sept 27th
Round #10 IMI Motorsports Park Sunday Oct. 11th

racedk6
July 8th, 2009, 01:01 AM
But again... same problem with getting new people into road racing. The racing part is cheap but it is getting the bike setup and things to go along with it. Also not to mention top end rebuilds on the 4-strokes nowdays too. They arent that cheap.

I have thought about getting setup with Sumo stuff so I can race another series if time and funds permit. But with even a 9 race schedule it would be hard for alot to race Sumo.

cromer611
July 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
WOOT SUPERMOTO!!!

spitfirekid57
July 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
SUUUPPPPPERRR MMMOOOTTOOO!!

cromer611
July 8th, 2009, 11:39 PM
OOOOOHHH EEMMMM GEEEEE!!!

omg

rforsythe
July 9th, 2009, 04:16 AM
you guys ok?

Tumbleweed
July 30th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Just a little heads up. For anybody who was thinking about giving supermoto a shot while the MRA is on break this season.

The Asphault only class entry has been reduced for current MRA members to $35 for the next race Sun Aug 9th. For more info look up supermoto5280.com

If you already have a bike oits a no brainer.
Later

froth
July 30th, 2009, 07:56 AM
AAAAND! Sumo machinery is legal for Colorado Class, STU, STO, LWGP, LWE, and a host of others. You can go nuts, of course and spend tons, but I have managed to keep the 520 moving just fine for years (it's an '02) and will be putting it's first new piston in it this week or next.

Tires last forever, too.

Electroman
July 30th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Supermoto. Never tried it. Could be challenging. Might be Fun.

JohnGarc
August 12th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Damn that sounds like funnnnnnn!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Cromer your knee draggin elbow pic is SICK!!! \:D/ =; \:D/