PDA

View Full Version : HPR Configuration - Full Course at Round #7

T Baggins
July 7th, 2009, 08:39 AM
The votes are in:

88% Full Course

12% Modified Course

Looks like we're running FULL COURSE at Round #7!

TerriRomaneschi
July 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Very cool!!! Good on ya Tony. =D>

nwatkins176
July 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for doing the poll Tony, this really shows you are getting the members involved.

Sprtbkbabe
July 7th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for doing the poll Tony, this really shows you are getting the members involved.

:)

kfm61
July 7th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I voted in the poll, although for me it doesn't matter, I can't seem to find my way around this track quickly! But I still have fun out there!

phildrummond
July 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm like Zoolander, except I can't turn right. Running it counter is all that can help me.

Vanmar Racing
July 9th, 2009, 07:00 AM
So whats the official answer???

Full course?????

T Baggins
July 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
So far 88% full course, 12% short course.

chrobis
July 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Although my preference is for the full course, I will not pass up an opportunity to ride that sweet, sweet as-phalt. (That is, unless both the west and north wings were trimmed off :lol: ) I will be there.

rforsythe
July 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Was there a reason for the short course to begin with other than "something different"? Just trying to run fewer workers or something?

IMO we bought a whole track, let's use the whole track. :)

T Baggins
July 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Was there a reason for the short course to begin with other than "something different"? Just trying to run fewer workers or something?

Same reason we ran Second Creek backwards... because we could. The turn 8 ~ Corkscrew transition would have been fun!

rforsythe
July 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Same reason we ran Second Creek backwards... because we could. The turn 8 ~ Corkscrew transition would have been fun!

Ok, fair enough. :)

The GECCO
July 10th, 2009, 08:57 AM
It may be a moot point now. Yesterday a car lost a motor coming out of T8, and punched holes in the oil pan. He didn't put much oil on the track but he pulled into the crossover and parked...and drained about 5 quarts of oil. We didn't realize what was happening under the car so the oil sat there and soaked in for the rest of the session before we moved the car and started cleaning.

My worry at this point is that every day when it gets hot (for a while) we'll have that oil cooking up out of the pavement, and it's in a pretty bad spot (in the line, just before the transition from the crossover to the outside of what is normally turn 13). I'll keep an eye on it.

T Baggins
July 10th, 2009, 09:01 AM
:shock: :shock: WTF, don't the cars have to run Belly Pans like the bikes? :lol:

Sounds like the overwhelming majority wanted full course anyway.

TRK
July 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Can we run High Plains backwards?

TerriRomaneschi
July 12th, 2009, 03:56 PM
:D

marty
July 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Can we run High Plains backwards?

the reason i heard for why cannot run backwards is the run off at the end of the backwards strait has a wall and the walls where we enter the track

TRK
July 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Lets run backwards with the cutoff! :shock:

marty
July 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM
can we run it figure 8

Jon
July 13th, 2009, 08:21 AM
After running through that cars oil even after it was cleaned numerous times, I can safely say that I would be officially freakled out to have to race through it. I'm more than pleased to again be racing (hopefully) the full course. Maybe next time we can get the blown up car to pick a better place to park like maybe NEXT TO THE TRACK not on it.

The GECCO
July 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
After running through that cars oil even after it was cleaned numerous times, I can safely say that I would be officially freakled out to have to race through it. I'm more than pleased to again be racing (hopefully) the full course. Maybe next time we can get the blown up car to pick a better place to park like maybe NEXT TO THE TRACK not on it.

Jon,

What you rode through was nothing, this has happened since the last motorcycle day and is MUCH worse.

We cannot run HPR backwards for a couple reasons. The most serious is that there is insufficient runoff outside turn 11 and turn 7 for the speeds we would attain. Turn 3 would be sketchy as well. Since the course wasn't designed to be run backwards, the corner worker stations were placed without concern for running backwards. Turns 1, 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11 all have stations that are in bad places for running backwards.

N1K
July 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Full course is sweet and is how i voted but the short course would be fun to try sometime.

oldtimer
July 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
We just rode the full course for the STAR school and the track condition was excellent. Looking forward to racing it next week. :D