PDA

View Full Version : AMB 260x Transponders NOT for Sale

T Baggins
July 7th, 2009, 08:35 AM
**TRANSPONDER SALES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF THE 2010 SEASON.

Due to the low demand for rentals, the MRA will be selling 22 more transponders and chargers to members (or non-members if necessary) beginning immediately. This will leave 17 in our rental fleet, which is 3 times the amount required on any given raceday this year.

Cost will be $240 as before, and will include a charging kit and the remaining factory warranty. Order yours NOW via the link below:

First come, first served.

Desmodromico
July 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Wish I knew this was coming, just bought a new one before Pueblo...

Anyhow given our current situation is there a way to get this info to all those who have done the race school with Mark this year? We could use this as the "stimulus plan" towards getting more racers on the grid.

T Baggins
July 7th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Will you check with Tammy to see if she can contact the students? That's not something the MRA has access to - it's not "our" school, it's Vanmar's.

PremiumBlend
July 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Can you take a Credit Card??

Ray-Ray
July 7th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Can you take a Credit Card??

Yes

racedk6
July 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Will you check with Tammy to see if she can contact the students? That's not something the MRA has access to - it's not "our" school, it's Vanmar's.

Tony I will talk to Tammy, and let her know that the MRA is selling the transponders. :wink:

Desmodromico
July 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
You beat me to it, thanks for offering to discuss with Vanmar.

Should we maybe dictate these be sold to potential members or do we just need the cash? I mean if you want them gone I would think a post on the WERA forum would clear them out in a couple days.[/quote]

T Baggins
July 7th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I would obviously prefer to sell them to MRA members and future members - but if they don't sell locally, then yes we'll sell them abroad.

PremiumBlend
July 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I would obviously prefer to sell them to MRA members and future members - but if they don't sell locally, then yes we'll sell them abroad.

Count me in... I'll take 1 for next season.

Where should I send my CC info to?

mopoet178
July 7th, 2009, 01:35 PM
me and 2 other guys (all cornerworkers, not yet mra forum members) are probably interested. we all want to get through the race school and get licensed for the 2010 race season. Ill see if they want to pay up.

Rockstar
July 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM
PM sent.

Joe

Vanmar Racing
July 8th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Tony.
We will take one as a backup for our team
Thanks Tammy

Scored51
July 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hey Everyone,

Our esteemed webmaster is in the process of re-initializing the webpage that will be able to accept payments for transponder sales. This will be a more organized and secure way of accepting payments for the sale of the transponders. The link will be posted to this thread. Stay tuned...

As before, I'll be hand delivering the sold units at the races with a charging kit and instructions for care and feeding. This not only eliminates the cost of shipping and the threat of theft through the mail, but allows me to hand over a fully charged working transponder to its new owner. It also gives us the chance to resolve any issues should there be any. However, due to the unstable nature of the remainder of the season I will be flexible and will be open to other possibilities on a case by case basis.

Thanks,

rforsythe
July 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Will you be hand delivering at tonight's meeting, if the opportunity presents itself?

Scored51
July 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
As of right now, no. However, if the payment system is up and I have an email confirmation I will be able to deliver up to the first half dozen sold.

James W
July 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I'll take one! Where do I need to send the money??

T Baggins
July 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Online payment for transponders coming soon, just like when we did it before. Please hold... an operator will be with you shortly.

Pep620
July 10th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Take one.

T Baggins
July 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Post up here if you want one, use your REAL name and contact info please. First come, first served.

Pep and the rest, please tell us who you "really" are...

Online payment for transponders still in the works.

rforsythe
July 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Will you be hand delivering at tonight's meeting, if the opportunity presents itself?

Well, still have my name on the list to get one at the races. You know who I am. :)

Scored51
July 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM

Well, still have my name on the list to get one at the races. You know who I am. :)

Yes, and I'm ignoring you on purpose! :lol:

Congrats on the upcoming little one. =D>

Rockstar
July 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Any word on if these are still for sale?

Thanks,

Joe

Scored51
July 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, please stay tuned. An announcement is forthcoming concerning an online ordering system. Thank you for your patience.

dave.gallant
July 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Enjoy! 8)

Rockstar
July 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Perfect timing. Thank you.

Joe

Munch
July 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Once MRA guys have taken their opportunity on these, why not list em for $300 on the WERA site (seems to be a decent going rate)? The extra $$ could be had for the MRA...

matt2778
August 4th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Are any of these still available?

T Baggins
August 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Are any of these still available?

yes

Scored51
August 4th, 2009, 10:58 PM
.edit.

jamesfromkent
February 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM
any left?

rybo
February 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
James,

No. The MRA will not be selling any more of our transponders. We have reached the point where we have a very limited rental fleet left for visiting racers or other needs as they arise.

Your best bet at this point (in my opinion) is to go and buy a brand new one.

http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_eng/Websites/B2C/bike/products

either one of these units will work, but I prefer the rechargeable one so that it's easy to move from one bike to another.

As you've seen, in the used market these sell fast, so even if you decide that it's not for you, it would be easy to resell your unit for a fair price.

Best to you!

Scott

sikwitit
February 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Yayyyy forever who needs one. There a bitch to find

N1K
February 23rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
ahh yeah say what there homie??