PDA

View Full Version : STAR School

Desmodromico
July 6th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Curious how many of you are doing the STAR school next week, I wasn't originally but due to a change of plans my schedule looks more open :wink:

oldtimer
July 6th, 2009, 10:33 AM
We're doing it! :D

Desmodromico
July 6th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Awesome, definitely would be good to meet some more MRA peeps! Also has anyone here done a STAR school before? I rode endurance at Pueblo on my front tire and the rear had one more day on it as well, I would probably replace them after one more day, think they will want new ones?

oldtimer
July 6th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I did a school with them a long time ago in Pahrump, it was awesome. The school is mostly about working on skills at a moderate pace, so you won't kill your tires like racing. But I remember getting to ride hard too. Talk to your tire guy about how much life you have left. :)

gsnyder828
July 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I'll be there.

I've done the school a few times over the past few years - I definately like it - always seem to learn something new (or something I'd forgoten).

nude
July 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I will be at the School Monday and Tuesday!! Stop by and say hello. Look for the TrackAddix bikes.

Mark "Nude" Nudelman
MRA#72

Also, if anyone is interested in camping over on Monday you can. We will split the costs among everyone that stays. It will probably end up being around $10 to $15 a person to cover security. The more people, the lower the cost. We are taking care of the fee so see us.

ZiaThunder
July 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I'm going to be there both days, with 1oftheboys.

I liked the one that I did last year, and learned a few new things.

Wild Cheetah 612
July 11th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I only got in on Tuesday. Anyone canceling their Monday?

dirkterrell
July 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I got new tires on the bike and the oil changed this morning, so I'm ready to go for Monday and Tuesday.

Dirk

robochoad
July 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Jason Pridmore is an awesome guy. He was big part in not just saving my left leg but also my life after a bad hit & run in 2001. Because of him I was able to go in and see Dr Ting in San Jose when no Dr in Colorado would touch me with a 10' pole, and on top of that I had barely two dimes to rub together. So yeah, I'm a big Pridmore fan :) Hell of a guy on track and off, world could use more folks like him.

Really hope you all have a blast at the school :D

Wish I could be there to watch but it's a bit of a drive from New Hampshire :D