PDA

View Full Version : changing stu/modvin o grids

marty
July 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
i'm not sure who i would need to ask, but how would we go about starting the 1000cc bikes in the first wave ahead of 125s and sv650s. i don't mind getting lapped but on the first lap, everyone is still pretty bunched up

froth
July 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
Never! Holding off the raging hordes of old liter dino-shredders is what we should LIVE for!

Timmay!
July 2nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
As technology changes, the classes evolve. We had to move Modern Vintage U to a race with Ladies of the Rockies as they were getting mowed down by the new and improved STO. I don't think we could move MVO to that spot without a home for MVU.
Let me take a longer look at the schedule and consider a change. More than likely it would be implemented next year as people have made bike selections and organized their race day to fit the existing one.
I'll look at it and get back to you.

marty
July 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
As technology changes, the classes evolve. We had to move Modern Vintage U to a race with Ladies of the Rockies as they were getting mowed down by the new and improved STO. I don't think we could move MVO to that spot without a home for MVU.
Let me take a longer look at the schedule and consider a change. More than likely it would be implemented next year as people have made bike selections and organized their race day to fit the existing one.
I'll look at it and get back to you.

i think we can still keep vin o and twin u together, just have the vin o guys start in the first wave. i haven't looked at lap times, but i would guess the faster vin o guys would lap us slower twins folks by the last couple laps and by then both grids would be a little more spread out around the track.

TRK
July 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
dont move the class!!!!

marty
July 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
i don't want to move the class either, it works great for my schedule also. just change the starting order. i can live with it the way it is if everyone else is okay with the waves, but i would think some of the vin o folks would also like to start in the first wave also

polar x
July 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
I agree with Marty. letting us start in the first wave would keep us from running into the first wave by t8-t9. I know its racing and all, but if the second wave is that much faster than the first doesn't it make sense??

TRK
July 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I think it goes both ways. :shock: There are some bikes in U that will see the vintage guys within a few turns. Plus there is contingency money that can be chased in STU.

It is a lot easier for a big bike to get around a slower little bike than the other way around