PDA

View Full Version : Online registration down?

peteremsley
June 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
SEE LATEST POST FOR UPDATE AS OF 6/24/09! t-bag

I get this when I try to pay for Pueblo...

"Error - A connection with the server could not be established "

oldtimer
June 21st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Me too. Tried to pay today, couldn't.

rforsythe
June 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM
I think that just means racing's free!

Jon
June 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
Seems to be the way of the world, the system suffers from inconsistancy in that sometimes it's up in advance of the week before the race, sometimes not. The point is to try and get signed up prior to the Wed of the race prior to 12 midnight. If by 12 midnight the 24th you'll need to get in touch with the webmaster to tell him otherwise you'll have to pay an extra $20 and be gridded at the back. Warning though you shouldn't even be trying to jump the gun as the systems set up to only offer pre registration the week of the event. Best of luck

bluedevil
June 22nd, 2009, 06:54 AM
I get this when I try to pay for Pueblo...

me too today.....

marty
June 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
seems to be up and running now

marty
June 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
well i should amend that last statement. we just tried to sign jon up from my computer and it still gave the error statement. i think the reason mine went through was i used credits and not my credit card.

Jon
June 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
I've tried numerous times since Wed and never been able to. I just wrote Marty and asked him to take care of it for me after getting no answer by phone from Dave.
I just spoke with Marty and as he was using credits he seemed to get through but couldn't help me. (Thanks Marty for taking the time!) As I have tried with numerous C/Cards and haven't been able to, I just assume that we can pay at the track???? Hope so or that Dave will look into this before signup shuts down on 6/24 at midnight

Jon
June 22nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
I just checked the rulebook for anything that may pertain to this and can find nothing besides failure to sign up and pay will result in being put to the back of the grid. I know I have credit as well as a ROR check so I'm pretty sure I am in good standing. Is anyone else besides me had any problems with the system? Or am I just lucky? I'm granted not the most literate person around when it comes to computers but it would appear that I'm going to if not signed up by Wed AM swallow the $20 and just fax it in. If anyone has a cheaper solution please post it. Thanks, Jon

peteremsley
June 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I just tried again. Same error.

NossLou
June 22nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Error - your transction was not approved.

The transaction was denied due to the following error:

Please hit the back button and attempt to fix the error. If you are not able to fix the error, please be sure to contact the MRA secretary to arrange other payment options

on monday.....FOOK

oldtimer
June 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Still can't pre-register either. :(

bluedevil
June 23rd, 2009, 07:21 AM
No go today either... :cry:

Jon
June 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
I tried to call Dave Gallant our webmaster but got no answer so I sent a e-mail to him at webmaster@mra-racing.org to inform him of the issue, I have also let our secretary know so I'm pretty sure between these various avenues it'll be rectified by the afternoon or so. I'm beginning to miss the days of just faxing in the signups of course that had it's moments too. Ain't technology great!

Desmodromico
June 23rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
When are fax entries due in, same time? Sorry for the noob question....

bluedevil
June 23rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
I thought fax entries were done away with and no longer accepted.......

T Baggins
June 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Dave Gallant is out of the country, I'm sure he's aware of this issue but is unable to rectify the situation from his location.

Relax, don't resort to faxing or anything - we can extend online entry if need be.

Obviously we won't penalize people for this if the system is fooked.

toptier
June 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Well that sucks. Hope it gets fixed soon. I just tried and still a no go.

NossLou
June 23rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Tues at 10 no go....

Jon
June 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Not to be worry wart or anything but are we waiting for Dave to come back to this country to fix this? As someone who's traveled abroad (well, in the distant past) and someone who travels domestically, delays happen more frequently now it seems than in the past and I'm thinking that maybe just kicking on that old fax machine or allowing us to pay Sat at the track maybe the way to go. I've tried numerous times for the last week and the system just ain't up and running. I've got friends in town,a job (though itdoesn't pay all bills at this point), two seven year old boys, one who has a fairly indepth dental procedure Thursday and I still have to pack and keep the girlfriend entertained so if indeed I need to wait and signup using this system what's the timeframe in which to do so? Please post something up as soon as possible but I seriously wouldn't count on an airline schedule as reference judging by my last couple of domestic flights

cromer611
June 24th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Im registered for the races, and I am going to bring cash in hand for my races. Going to hand it to whomever saturday morning during pre-tech.
I suggest you all do the same.
Cuz we all know how well cash works : P

gonna try again wednesday before midnight, if it goes through .. .. .. great but if not im stickin to plan A

bluedevil
June 24th, 2009, 06:12 AM
610 am Wed 6/24

Still down ....

"Error - your transction was not approved.

The transaction was denied due to the following error:

T Baggins
June 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
UPDATE!!!! As of 9:00 am this morning, the plan is:

We will leave online entry open until 8am on Friday, per Dave G - webmaster extraordinairre.

IF we can't get things fixed, we'll post another update.

Jon
June 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone,
I just heard back from Dave and he's on his way back from Mexico. Once back he's going to fix the glitch and all will again be right with the world....well maybe.

DOUBLE A
June 24th, 2009, 02:38 PM
not if he got swine flu.... :(

gsnyder828
June 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM

He'll be fine - swine flu can't be any worse than some of the "exotic" viruses Dave's managed to kick in the past...

Throttleroller277
June 24th, 2009, 03:22 PM

He'll be fine - swine flu can't be any worse than some of the "exotic" viruses Dave's managed to kick in the past...

It didn't take him long to kick whatever that Goat gave him.......... the short term side effects anyway... 8)

oldtimer
June 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM

We will leave online entry open until 8am on Friday, per Dave G - webmaster extraordinairre.

You're the best Tony--were you getting fax bombed? :lol:

T Baggins
June 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM

You're the best Tony--were you getting fax bombed? :lol:

No, not me - I was actually being UNSELFISH for once and was trying to relieve the panicked calls and faxes from Lisa and Jen...

nwatkins176
June 25th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Being Thursday, and I am leaving very early on Friday, can we just pay cash Saturday morning even if the online registration gets fixed sometime tonight or tomorrow?

DOUBLE A
June 25th, 2009, 09:02 AM
still down.
fail.

dave.gallant
June 25th, 2009, 09:45 AM
still down.
fail.

:roll:

Everyone, please calm down. This is not a problem of ours, and you will be able to enter one way or another.

T Baggins
June 25th, 2009, 10:11 AM
topic locked, new thread with updates here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=8892