PDA

View Full Version : R2SL Endurance Race registration is now open!

rforsythe
June 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM
R2SL Endurance Race Signup is now open! Create your team, then send the special team signup link and the password you make to other people who want to be on it (after they've signed up as R2SL participants)! Visit http://www.racing2savelives.org/ride.php for more details and to get started!

DOUBLE A
June 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
WoW that is BaddAss! If anyone is seriously considering doing this, I would definately like to participate! So if there is a team needing one more racer, or (no team yet) 1 or 2 racers batting this around lets make a team! P.M. me!!!

Jon
June 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Be warned that real endurance racing takes a bit of endurance and that going hard for 15 minutes generally won't pay off over the course of a 4 hour race. Though you and four teammates might all be able to go hard for 15 minutes apiece but all the time in the pits is going to kill you. Something to consider.

rforsythe
June 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Why don't you sign up and come show us how it's done Jon? :D

DOUBLE A
June 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
well I don't have a ton of racing expierence so far...but I have done all the endurance races I can this year, & it has been great!!! I don't get spent on them, & I have done a lot of long distance street riding (iron ass shit), I personally think that wheather there being 100 degrees, and the full curcuit track config. That I could do 30min., break while the next rider is out, and get 1 more 30min. in there...our endurance races are 30min right...I am pretty fit, I'll make er'

Jon
June 18th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ralph, I would absolutely love to. Only one small problem as I see it. 1)I race a Ducati and there not known for there endurance! IO do have a SV 650 and that would be a great bike but unfortunately getting it and me there's a problem. Me not so much I can fly the bike though......there's the problem.
Back in 2000 I won the Iron Butt division of A 2 hour endurance race held at Mid Ohio during the Grand Championships. That was two hours with a mandatory 5 minute timed Pit stop after an hour. During this time I enjoyed having the bike fueled and looked after while I chugged Gatorade and actually smoked a cig. Chuck Gilcrest who used to be (circa 1990) be the MRA (Mountain Roadracing Association) president actually renamed the race to the iron lung after seeing me do so! LOL.