PDA

View Full Version : Potential Photographer

chrobis
June 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I have an acquaintance who would like to take race pictures. Is there any requirement beyond the spectator waiver that he needs to comply with?

Hotrod
June 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
He may need a camera as well...
Just a thought.

:D

Photog
June 12th, 2009, 07:00 PM
When you say spectator waiver, are you talking about the second waiver. One when he/she arrives at the entry gate & another one that is available from the office (trailer) of the General Manager.

At that point, he/she is free to gain infield access but must stay out of harms way and listen to corner marshals if necessary.

chrobis
June 12th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Photog -

Thank you. The spectator waiver that I referred to is the one that is signed at the entry gate; knowlege of the second one that comes from the Glenn, the General Mgr., is precisely what I was looking for.

chrobis
June 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Photog -

Thank you. The spectator waiver that I referred to is the one that is signed at the entry gate; knowlege of the second one that comes from the Glenn, the General Mgr., is precisely what I was looking for.

Photog
June 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
After signing the 2nd waiver, your friend will receive a lanyard with a photographer's pass to hang around his neck. Naturally, they will want it returned at the end of the day. When I returned mine, a different person was there to take it back and she asked if I had any deposit to be returned to me. I never paid any money when I got the pass, so I said no, but it makes me wonder if your friend "might" be asked to leave a deposit.