PDA

View Full Version : PPIR: Dedicated Road Race Course

chrobis
June 9th, 2009, 08:21 AM
This looks to be more than a rumor (even if it is coming from some car guys (;-):
http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?p=31324#post31324

dave.gallant
June 9th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Wow -- that is cool. Hope it becomes a reality!

Jon
June 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
If it's happening the track ain't saying so as the websites pretty uninformative with no schedules or anything. I guess ISC won't really allow advertisement as they're never ever to have more than 10,000 people in the facility and never have another professional event at the facility. Frankly I'd love to see a dedicated road course there but then again where you going to put it?

GNGSXR
June 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
If it's happening the track ain't saying so as the websites pretty uninformative with no schedules or anything. I guess ISC won't really allow advertisement as they're never ever to have more than 10,000 people in the facility and never have another professional event at the facility. Frankly I'd love to see a dedicated road course there but then again where you going to put it?

giant open lot to the north of the track.
they dont plan on having nascar or any huge events so why not dig into the open space that they normally use for extra parking?

Desmodromico
June 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Anybody live nearby or drive by there? Sounds like we need some recon since the posts indicated there is grading being done....

benfoxmra95
June 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
If you read the posts in the above link, you'll see that it is in their plans.

The one Person who responded in the NASA forum is Bob Boileau he's the new track manager.

They have many things planned for PPIR Lately I've been spending a fair bit of time there.

Be patient. a 2.5 mile road course isn't going to pop up in the next two weeks. next year...? maybe but the owners of PPIR are motivated to make it a destination point for all types of racing.

ISC has nothing to do with any of the advertising or announcements

Simply, PPIR is bound by contract to NOT have any race events that amass more than 10,000 spectators. That's it. they can have ama, they can have irl, they can have whoever they want, but a nascar event wouldn't show up to a venue unless seating would accomodate 50,000+.

willionaire
June 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I had the opportunity to walk the new layout on Wednesday and again on Sunday. Looks sweet. There are some pretty nice elevation changes. Some of the stuff PPIR has in the works sounds pretty exciting.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
June 19th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I will run by there tonight and take some pics to post. I live like 3 miles away from there.