PDA

View Full Version : Frame repair

Dodd
June 8th, 2009, 10:39 AM
First off, let me apologize, I'm sure there is a post somewhere in here that will answer my question, but I don't have time right now to research it.

I'm looking for a local (CO.) frame shop to do some repairs to the frame of my 07' ZX6R.

I crashed bad saturday, and in doing so literally snapped the left frame spar directly above the swing arm piviot. I can only imagine with that kind of force, the frame is bent elsewhere aswell.

I'm assuming (Hoping) it can be fixed, as 10 minutes of ebay looking has turned up plenty of frames, all above 2K.

Any information would be great. Thank you all esp. the great corner crew who hauled my crybaby ass back to the pits.

Dodd

rorlando
June 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi, letting you know I have a '08 zx6 that I am parting out. The frame has a salvage title. Give me a call and we can talk .
Ricky Orlando
303-666-6061

polar x
June 8th, 2009, 02:01 PM
If Ricky does not work out give this guy a call.
http://www.cycleworksusa.net 720-232-0998

bluedevil
June 8th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Also a second on the Cycleworks if the replacement frame doesnt work out

gyrtr1
June 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM
You can call me at the shop. Vickery Motorsports 303-755-4412 ext3 to get your frame repaired. My guys are awesome welders and can most likely get you fixed up.

Rick Grosse #20

dave.gallant
June 8th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Not to be a voice of reason, but I am curious:

You crashed and the frame snapped from the stresses involved?

If yes, you may want to strongly consider purchasing a salvage title/junk title/Ricky title frame and be done with it. I am sure a good welder can fix the specific area, but aluminum is not like steel -- it doesn't get stronger the more you bend it.

Of course, just my $.02.

rorlando
June 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Dodd, I have not heard from you. You can have my frame and swingarm for $750. Let me know if you are interested?
Ricky

rorlando
June 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Dodd, I have not heard from you. You can have my frame and swingarm for $750. Let me know if you are interested?
Ricky