PDA

View Full Version : Some storm!!

Munch
June 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM
How was Byers weather for the last 2 races? Did they all get completed?

Narly stuff coming outta the sky on my drive home...

racedk6
June 7th, 2009, 09:05 PM
ROR was completed.

AMO was called after about 3 laps.

cromer611
June 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
yall see that flipped semi!? was wicked

racedk6
June 8th, 2009, 07:12 AM
yall see that flipped semi!? was wicked

That was nuts its was atleast 30 feet off the freeway too.

nwatkins176
June 8th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I work at University of Phoenix in Southlands Mall. Well I get a couple of days off, the mall and our campus was F--ed up pretty bad. I guess people were counting 4-5 twisters in the South Aurora Area, then the storm moved out to the plains towards us.

peteyt328
June 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Ya that truck was messed up bad. Good move on calling that race Cromer, I think another lap and we all would have been F'd! I can't believe how quickly people cleared out of there haha.

Wild Cheetah 612
June 8th, 2009, 11:43 AM
9News said there were tornadoes on the ground near Bennett, Deer Trail, and Byers. All pretty close to us! Bob Heaton (who's well trained in meteorology) said he saw three different tornadoes watching the storm from start/finish. I'm glad everyone was keeping their eyes open and being safe!

yea, that truck was wicked looking!

Snowman
June 8th, 2009, 11:58 AM
http://rapidferretracing.com/Motorcycles/Motorcycle_Roadracing_Association/Images/2009-06-07_MRA_Race_4-4.jpg

NossLou
June 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
i couldn't even see through a tinted visor during the AMO race, did not even know the race was called till people started just exiting down the back straight, I hit an enormous box that flew across the track before turn 3 and that was it for me, pretty insane, and cromer I'm glad you guys called it!

That semi was way off the road, glad we missed the brunt of the storm

racedk6
June 8th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Erik did you see me waving to your ass coming out of turn 6!

cromer611
June 8th, 2009, 11:35 PM

nope, but it is a huge thing to wave at :oops:

but i mainly had my eyes upward anyhow :lol: shit was scary.

and i didnt call the race, just so happens i put my hand up when they were calling the race anyway :P

racedk6
June 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM

nope, but it is a huge thing to wave at :oops:

but i mainly had my eyes upward anyhow :lol: shit was scary.

and i didnt call the race, just so happens i put my hand up when they were calling the race anyway :P

Dude when we went by they were only waving the debris flag. Then they had the red flag up by turn 2.

jbird
June 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
pic from iphone

http://www.donutshredder.com/images/storm.jpg

nwatkins176
June 9th, 2009, 10:01 AM
It got to dark for me to see, then I get hit by some garbage and a tumble weed at the apex to turn one. I was coming in anyways, and saw the flag. The head wind was so bad on the way back, I couldn't get my toyhauler over 50. Sorry for holding up traffic. :)